Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broyles Final Day on the Job

Started by Mike Irwin, June 29, 2014, 08:29:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Fayetteville-The Razorback Foundation offices next to Baum Stadium were a little more crowded than usual last Friday morning. A retirement day celebration for Frank Broyles and his longtime secretary Donita Ritchie attracted friends of the two and Razorback fans from all over the state. In some ways, however, the day wasn't much different from most that Broyles spent at the University of Arkansas over the previous five plus decades. Broyles was used to hosting visitors during his workdays.

"His door was open," Ritchie told the Razorback Nation. "He always wanted to see people. Unless he was in a closed door meeting it was, 'come on in.' "
-----------------------
To read more or to view the video version of this story click on the link below.
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/broyles-final-day-on-the-job/21056/8OFo0Ol61UeCq9dnAQJoPw

panhandlepig

Thanks for the memories Coach Broyles. 55 years......Go Hogs and WPS.

moses_007

He was indeed Mr. Razorback!!!!!!!!!

razordawg

I have the utmost respect for Coach Broyles - always have - always will.   

sowmonella

Final official day on the job. I would imagine he'll be promoting the Razorbacks as long as he's on this earth. Thanks Coach. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

An old hog fanatic

Thanks for some awesome memories, Coach!
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

rmcchris

Thank you coach for all you have done for our athletic department and state.

Inhogswetrust

One person epitomizes being a Razorback and that is Frank Broyles. Thanks coach.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Calling All Hogs

Thank you Coach Broyles. May you have a long and joyful retirement. You earned it!

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Con el Cerdos

Westcoasthog

I am a personal friend of Coach Frank Broyles - He made great achievements
in building the Arkansas Athletic Program to where it is today.  I wish Frank the
very best in his retirement.

DeltaBoy

HAVE FUN Coach and play some golf.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Justifiable Hogicide

Coach Broyles built the Razorbacks as we know them.
He will forever be "Mr. Razorback" and Hog fans everywhere will forever be in his debt.

Pigsear

No matter who comes or goes on the hill, Frank will always be the Head Hog. Thanks Coach Broyles.

thirrdegreetusker

He built the athletic department from nothing. In football, we were 47-53-1 in the decade before he got here. Two seasons later, he had us in the top ten, and once we got there, we finished there for 6 of the next 7 seasons.

He became AD in July 73. At that time, Hog baseball was played, among other sites, on a old "city" field that required driving through a mobile home park to find it. Cole Field, state of the art at that time, opened in 1975. Then Baum was built.

Hog basketball was played in a plain metal building with a dirt floor surrounding three sides of the court. Folks now cannot fathom how bad things were until he became AD.

goodguytex

If anyone deserves retirement it's Coach Broyles. I wish him best health and happiness during his retirement years.

jmingram911

Thanks Coach for ALL that you have done for this school and for the state of Arkansas!!  WPS!!