Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sick Deer!

Started by AcornHunter, June 28, 2014, 10:11:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AcornHunter

Deer are coming out the yin-yang to eat the garden and plums while playing the kazoo.  Next, they'll be butting us away from the kitchen table.  The Game and Fish decision makers need to take a long enough break from reaching for the next rung up the ladder to pay attention to what's going on in Arkansas' great outdoors and add another week to Zone 15's modern gun season.

One not right–a deer, not a ladder-climber–stumbled through the yard, the other evening.  I went out on the front porch and clapped my hands at it.  It finally stumbled on off.  A couple of days later a neighbor told me about a deer that was at the edge of their yard and was "not afraid of them at all". . . . Chronic Wasting Disease?

kodiakisland

You've got a 6 deer limit.  How many more do you want?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

tophawg19

South ARKANSAS'S deer herds are down. you don't see near the numbers while traveling especially before daylight and just after dark.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

twistitup

If you have a sick deer around have it killed and tested by Agfc
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HogBreath

Quote from: kodiakisland on June 29, 2014, 04:14:54 pm
Enough to get all the sick deer kilt out at least.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

AcornHunter

Quote from: kodiakisland on June 29, 2014, 04:14:54 pm
I thank you for your response, but please read my post again.  I did not suggest increasing the limit; I suggested adding another week to the modern gun season in Zone 15.

BlakeHOGfanatic

I'm trying to figure out if this post is a joke or not. If serious, I'm really glad you aren't in a position to make rules for deer season. Your modern gun runs for a month and if you don't think that's enough time bow hunt. A sick deer is sad to see but it does happen. 

95_alum

June 29, 2014, 11:21:18 pm #7 Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 11:51:13 pm by 95_alum
Zone 15 (2013/2014)
Antlered: 1,150
Button: 119
Doe: 1,039

Quote from: AcornHunter on June 28, 2014, 10:11:10 pm
Deer are coming out the yin-yang to eat the garden and plums while playing the kazoo....

... A couple of days later a neighbor told me about a deer that was at the edge of their yard and was "not afraid of them at all"

Just so I'm clear, you think the deer in Zone 15 have CWD- because they're eating in gardens & they're not afraid of people?
You're wanting AGFC to extend MG season an additional 7 days to eradicate what you perceive as CWD in Zone 15?

kodiakisland

June 30, 2014, 12:09:59 am #8 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:25:44 am by kodiakisland
Quote from: AcornHunter on June 29, 2014, 10:02:25 pm
I thank you for your response, but please read my post again.  I did not suggest increasing the limit; I suggested adding another week to the modern gun season in Zone 15.

To be quite honest, it was mostly gibberish.  What exactly would one more week do?  If you can't shoot 6 deer with as many hunting days as there already are, 7 more won't help one bit.

Youth hunt: 11/1, 11/2, 1/3, 1/4
private land doe hunt:  10/11-10/15
regular season:  11/8-12/7
Christmas hunt:  12/26-12/28

bow:  9/27-2/28
ML:  10/18-10/26, 12/13-12/15

7 more days would do what?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: AcornHunter on June 28, 2014, 10:11:10 pm

Deer are coming out the yin-yang to eat the garden and plums while playing the kazoo.  Next, they'll be butting us away from the kitchen table.  The Game and Fish decision makers need to take a long enough break from reaching for the next rung up the ladder to pay attention to what's going on in Arkansas' great outdoors and add another week to Zone 15's modern gun season.

One not right–a deer, not a ladder-climber–stumbled through the yard, the other evening.  I went out on the front porch and clapped my hands at it.  It finally stumbled on off.  A couple of days later a neighbor told me about a deer that was at the edge of their yard and was "not afraid of them at all". . . . Chronic Wasting Disease?

Lol...Deer stumbling around in your yard & looking sick?  What in the heck are you growing in that garden?  Sounds like its a lot stronger than just plums....  ;D  Do the deer seem to show signs of ...."the munchies"?

Try tomatoes & Okra next year.....its legal, & doubt the deer will stumble around after eating...
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.