Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England fan has ear bitten off and other bizarre stories at 2014 World Cup

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, June 28, 2014, 06:54:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cbhawg03

I agree with the notion that we don't dive and hopefully it stays that way.

Other team, but I thought that Robben deserved a penalty for that first tackle during the 1st half, which he later said was a flop and I thought that the last one didn't deserve a penalty.

I think it was the number of times though that Mexican defenders went to ground on Robben that got him the call, it was 3-4 times so eventually you knew it was going to happen.

Huckleberry Pig

I love the fact that we don't flop.  Hate teams/players that do.  It's something I wish more teams would join us in instead of us joining the flop circus. 

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on June 30, 2014, 11:48:18 am
I love the fact that we don't flop.  Hate teams/players that do.  It's something I wish more teams would join us in instead of us joining the flop circus. 

I can't find the video for some reason, but that Switzerland player in the group stage that was tripped, got up and kept going and they scored in stoppage time has got to be one of the greatest goals in the history of the World Cup, when you look at all of the elements of that goal.

I like how we don't flop also.  I always felt like I had a better chance at making something happen by avoiding a hack at my legs and continuing the play than stopping the play.  However, I do think we need to work on selling the foul a bit more in the box when it would mean a penalty for us.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07