Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USA vs Belgium Game Thread (Tuesday @ 3pm ct)

Started by Huckleberry Pig, June 27, 2014, 02:54:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

That's really weird how Beasley is playing up at the midfield line on corners and other set pieces.  Does he usually do that?

Sure seems like that would leave somebody wide open...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Fort Dweller

Fabian Johnson is down.  hamstring.

Here comes Yedlin
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Jackrabbit Hog

Colonel Klinsmann needs to call a TO!

Oh that's right. . . he can't.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DukeOfPork

I'm at work, tending to deadlines and can't watch.

Has the first 30 minutes been one way traffic?

cbhawg03

Bring Beckerman on at half for Cameron so we don't go a man down

Good effort by Jones!  Good spark by Yeldin, whoever said earlier we missed him was right on.

We need Beckerman in there.  That spot he covers has been where all their attacking is coming from.

And how BAD do we miss Altidore!!  It's so glaringly obvious.

Donovan could have had an impact on this game also.  I'm STILL not over that.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on July 01, 2014, 03:33:30 pm
Colonel Klinsmann needs to call a TO!

Oh that's right. . . he can't.

This is where you need a Sergio Busquets type player to roll around on the ground for 8 minutes, recovering from a player entering his 2-yard personal space.

Quote from: DukeOfPork on July 01, 2014, 03:33:41 pm
I'm at work, tending to deadlines and can't watch.

Has the first 30 minutes been one way traffic?

Not really, it has been pretty even - but their chances have been much higher quality - we probably should be down 2-0 at this point

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Notshavin on July 01, 2014, 03:36:09 pm
Not really, it has been pretty even - but their chances have been much higher quality - we probably should be down 2-0 at this point

Yeah, the shot chart was giving me the impression that it was one-sided.

cbhawg03

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Quote from: DukeOfPork on July 01, 2014, 03:37:34 pm
Yeah, the shot chart was giving me the impression that it was one-sided.

We've had some chances but we just haven't gotten many of them on target

Gotta have Beckerman in.  That would mean Klinsmann would have to admit on some level he was wrong....

Come on!  We need SOMEONE to step up!!!!!

Fort Dweller

cbhawg03

cbhawg03

dang, I am watching online, but some of you guys are minutes ahead of me, how?

cbhawg03

Fort Dweller

Quote from: cbhawg03 on July 01, 2014, 03:42:25 pm
That is what we need from Bradley

He's made a couple of nice passes to Yedlin

Poor half by the U.S.

This game is there for the taking.  Dempsey needs help, he can't be our only offensive player.

Time to think about Wondo maybe.

Fort Dweller

Fort Dweller

I want to see Oragi, Yedlin, and Tanner English in a footrace

DukeOfPork

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Notshavin on July 01, 2014, 03:44:10 pm
Poor half by the U.S.

This game is there for the taking.  Dempsey needs help, he can't be our only offensive player.

Time to think about Wondo maybe.

Beckerman in for Cameron

That leaves one sub left.  Altidor or Wondo?

Quote from: DukeOfPork on July 01, 2014, 03:46:53 pm
If there is anyone like me, lurking in here while working, here is the radio feed:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?_ga=1.232628125.309004799.1404247433

It should be on espn3, also.

What a FRUSTRATING half. 

We are better than this offensively.

Jackrabbit Hog

Orange wedge time.  I think Bradley's mom was in charge of bringing them today.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Notshavin on July 01, 2014, 03:48:38 pm
It should be on espn3, also.

What a FRUSTRATING half. 

We are better than this offensively.

I don't get ESPN3, unfortunately.

Quote from: Fort Dweller on July 01, 2014, 03:48:20 pm
Beckerman in for Cameron

That leaves one sub left.  Altidor or Wondo?

That's what sucks about Klinsmann's starting line-up not including Beckerman.  Sometimes he really over-thinks stuff.

If we don't win this game, I'm going to be seeing red because of his decision to not bring Lando.

aaaaahhhhhh

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on July 01, 2014, 03:48:55 pm
Orange wedge time.  I think Bradley's mom was in charge of bringing them today.

LOL, thanks I needed that laugh

Dr. Starcs

Seems to me that we have thus far played a better offensive half than we did against Germany.

cbhawg03

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 01, 2014, 03:51:10 pm
Seems to me that we have thus far played a better offensive half than we did against Germany.

Yes, but if we could make better passes and keep some more possession then we could make more chances. We have the ability to create chances, we just need the ball and to keep it a little longer when we have it.

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 01, 2014, 03:51:10 pm

Yeah.  Unfortunately, that's not saying much.

What is so frustrating about this game is that Belgium is not playing that well defensively.  We just aren't creating chances and we have the ability to do that. 

We are going to have to commit to attacking or not.  Right now it seems like we can't make up our mind either way.

Quote from: cbhawg03 on July 01, 2014, 03:56:48 pm
Yes, but if we could make better passes and keep some more possession then we could make more chances. We have the ability to create chances, we just need the ball and to keep it a little longer when we have it.

THIS

DukeOfPork

Quote from: cbhawg03 on July 01, 2014, 03:56:48 pm

See my aforementioned "lack of talent" comment.

cbhawg03

I
I believe
I believe we
I believe we will
I believe we will win!!!!

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Fort Dweller

PonderinHog

Jackrabbit Hog

Dirty

Fort Dweller

Tim Howard!

We've got to take some pressure off of him

Fort Dweller

Fort Dweller

razorbackfan86

Fort Dweller

Gotta credit Klins now.  Moved Wondo as a ST, Demp back to CAM, and Bradley back as a DM.  This looks better.