Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More on Skylar Thompson

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 26, 2014, 11:05:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 26, 2014, 03:10:53 pm
You are toting around a whole bunch of hate... I used to look forward to your posts prior to CBP's release. It seems you never got your head around why it had to be done. You really do have a bunch to offer. I wish you could let it go...

If you recall, I did a lot of defending CBB when he was hired and into last season.  A LOT. 

There just hasn't been much to be happy about.  Everything I've been seeing lately just feels all too familiar.  I really don't enjoy being negative.

It's just depressing watching everything unfold the way it is.  Maybe I'm proven totally wrong and things drastically improve, but I can't just make myself believe it on faith alone. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Hoggy on June 26, 2014, 01:36:51 pm
I saw this kid at camp.  Looked solid.  I just dont see how the Ford kid isnt no.1 on your board right now
MLB is going to draft him.  Hard to make a guy #1 when he may not even play football...
All Gas, No Brakes!

MH04

We offer a lot of out of state guys early too. When this staff gives an Arkansas kid an offer, he immediately has the green light to commit.

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 03:14:06 pm
We won't see how the new wr recruits will pan out.

So why bash our new wr recruits?

Jojo.
Kendrick.
Hollister.
Cornelius.

All have to be given time to show what they can do.

Drew Morgan later on got a offer. He we offered by auburn. He committed to Arkansas.

It's a decent start, but we're not deep by any stretch of the imagination.  Just hope that we hit on a really high percentage of our evaluations.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:15:46 pm
If you recall, I did a lot of defending CBB when he was hired and into last season.  A LOT. 

There just hasn't been much to be happy about.  Everything I've been seeing lately just feels all too familiar.  I really don't enjoy being negative.

It's just depressing watching everything unfold the way it is.  Maybe I'm proven totally wrong and things drastically improve, but I can't just make myself believe it on faith alone.

Every single recruit that visits or commits says this staff will turns things around at Arkansas.

But you....you don't think so.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 03:17:50 pm
Every single recruit that visits or commits says this staff will turns things around at Arkansas.

But you....you don't think so.

They say what they're expected to say, and I'm glad. 

But I'm not a recruit.  I'm looking at it through a different lens.  Maybe they're right and I'm wrong.  We'll see.  I can only comment on what I see.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:17:21 pm
It's a decent start, but we're not deep by any stretch of the imagination.  Just hope that we hit on a really high percentage of our evaluations.

No one said we was "deep" at wr.

Getting jojo to flip from the NC team and Cornelius flipping from Tcu is impressive.

These recruits believe in this staff. Our so called fans don't.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:05:15 pm
We also jerked Pettway around and it cost us.
No, no it didn't.

Pettway is far down our board.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 03:19:48 pm
No one said we was "deep" at wr.

Getting jojo to flip from the NC team and Cornelius flipping from Tcu is impressive.

These recruits believe in this staff. Our so called fans don't.

Jojo was a good get.

We got Cornelius after he had already flipped FROM us, and it's friggin' TCU...  While I'm happy to have him, it wasn't really that impressive as a recruiting victory.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:19:36 pm
They say what they're expected to say, and I'm glad. 

But I'm not a recruit.  I'm looking at it through a different lens.  Maybe they're right and I'm wrong.  We'll see.  I can only comment on what I see.

This staff has gotten recruits to come to Arkansas that usually we had no shot at.

I see that. We won 3 games last year and this staff has gotten guys to be apart of something special.

Ragnow.
Bijohn.
Wallace.
Cornelius.
Jojo.
Great Dane.
Ty.
Rafe.
Kirkland.
Skipper.
Collins.
Henry.
Bell.
Zach Rodgers.

List goes on and on. Recruits that could have went anywhere but came to us because of this staff.

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:21:06 pm
Jojo was a good get.

We got Cornelius after he had already flipped FROM us, and it's friggin' TCU...  While I'm happy to have him, it wasn't really that impressive as a recruiting victory.

We went 3-9!!!!!!!!!!      Our passing offense looked mediocre. How is it not impressive to get him??

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 03:24:00 pm
This staff has gotten recruits to come to Arkansas that usually we had no shot at.

I see that. We won 3 games last year and this staff has gotten guys to be apart of something special.

Ragnow.
Bijohn.
Wallace.
Cornelius.
Jojo.
Great Dane.
Ty.
Rafe.
Kirkland.
Skipper.
Collins.
Henry.
Bell.
Zach Rodgers.

List goes on and on. Recruits that could have went anywhere but came to us because of this staff.

And I'm proud of 'em.  But we're using a scheme that's pretty much going to require us to out-talent opponents, and in comparison to the rest of the SEC, that just isn't going to happen.  We have to hit on our evaluations at a greater rate and develop our players more. 

1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:21:06 pm
Jojo was a good get.

Mizzou and Tennessee both offered JC.

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 03:25:31 pm

We went 3-9!!!!!!!!!!      Our passing offense looked mediocre. How is it not impressive to get him??

Because we're a big time program and they're TCU.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:27:51 pm
And I'm proud of 'em.  But we're using a scheme that's pretty much going to require us to out-talent opponents, and in comparison to the rest of the SEC, that just isn't going to happen.  We have to hit on our evaluations at a greater rate and develop our players more.

Ok. Explain our scheme to me.

secneahog

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:29:54 pm
Whatever makes you feel better.

Mizzou and Tennessee has been putting wr in the league lately. Their offenses last year showed they will brow it to wrs more.

O why wold a stud wr come to us if our scheme is generic and just run the ball?

Because that's not our scheme.

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 03:33:54 pm
Mizzou and Tennessee has been putting wr in the league lately. Their offenses last year showed they will brow it to wrs more.

O why wold a stud wr come to us if our scheme is generic and just run the ball?

Because that's not our scheme.

Then why didn't he visit Mizzou or Tennessee when he was wavering in his commitment to us? 

And I guess we've been watching a different team.  Maybe it all changes this year.  I certainly hope so.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:37:26 pm
Then why didn't he visit Mizzou or Tennessee when he was wavering in his commitment to us? 

And I guess we've been watching a different team.  Maybe it all changes this year.  I certainly hope so.

So you have Arkansas scheme pegged after the first year?

That response doesn't shock me from you.

Who knows why he didn't visit. He didn't but they offered. 

Guess you have inside information on that?

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 03:40:35 pm
So you have Arkansas scheme pegged after the first year?

That response doesn't shock me from you.

Who knows why he didn't visit. He didn't but they offered. 

Guess you have inside information on that?

Hate to break it to you, but it didn't look any better in the spring game, either.  Maybe it was just a bad day, and we're going to be 180* from everything we've seen thus far.

Just find it hard to believe that he'd flip to TCU without first checking out Mizzou/Tennessee if they were indeed still legit offers.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:43:12 pm
Hate to break it to you, but it didn't look any better in the spring game, either.  Maybe it was just a bad day, and we're going to be 180* from everything we've seen thus far.

Just find it hard to believe that he'd flip to TCU without first checking out Mizzou/Tennessee if they were indeed still legit offers.

Ohhhhhhh ok. So you're just stating your opinion. You have no information on JC recruiting. Just because he didn't visit there he didn't have a legit offer.

If our offense came out and smoked the defense you would have been the guy that would come on here bashing our defense and staff.

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:15:46 pm

It's depressing watching everything unfold?  Lol...wow

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 03:47:11 pm
Ohhhhhhh ok. So you're just stating your opinion. You have no information on JC recruiting. Just because he didn't visit there he didn't have a legit offer.

If our offense came out and smoked the defense you would have been the guy that would come on here bashing our defense and staff.

Our first team O couldn't move the ball at all against our second team D.  Sorry for not being all sunshine and unicorns about it.
1909/1964/1965/1977

MP24

Anyone heard about a guy named Skylar Thompson?
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Wildhog

Quote from: MP24 on June 26, 2014, 03:50:59 pm
Anyone heard about a guy named Skylar Thompson?

#1 on our board.  waiting to see if he gets an offer.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:47:54 pm
Our first team O couldn't move the ball at all against our second team D.  Sorry for not being all sunshine and unicorns about it.

So it's just all cut and dry like that huh in a spring scrimmage game?

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 03:52:28 pm
So it's just all cut and dry like that huh in a spring scrimmage game?

Of course not, but it's not encouraging.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:51:29 pm
#1 on our board.  waiting to see if he gets an offer.

We're working n 2015 class. 2016 class is very far away. Skylar apparently is #1 AT THIS TIME.

Wildhog

I know you want to paint me as some unreasonable troll that's not really a hog fan.  But that's just not the case.  We both want the same thing, and that's for the hogs to start winning football games again.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 03:53:36 pm
We're working n 2015 class. 2016 class is very far away. Skylar apparently is #1 AT THIS TIME.

I'm actually fine with it and understand that.  It's just kinda funny.

I do want us to offer Ford, though. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:54:20 pm
I know you want to paint me as some unreasonable troll that's not really a hog fan.  But that's just not the case.  We both want the same thing, and that's for the hogs to start winning football games again.

Thing is I understand what a coaching change and a depleted depth chart does to a college football team.

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 03:54:58 pm
I'm actually fine with it and understand that.  It's just kinda funny.

I do want us to offer Ford, though.

You said its depressing to see this all unfold and were dragging our feet on Ford and were going to basically miss out on him like we did pettway. Possibly piss ford off like we did kj.

So no you're not fine with it.

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 03:58:00 pm
Thing is I understand what a coaching change and a depleted depth chart does to a college football team.

As do I, and why I gave him a total pass for the record last year.  But it's not the record that bothers me so much.  It's the decision making on and off the field. 

I guess you just have more faith than I do, brother.  Hopefully everyone gets to serve me crow forever. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 03:59:49 pm
You said its depressing to see this all unfold and were dragging our feet on Ford and were going to basically miss out on him like we did pettway. Possibly piss ford off like we did kj.

So no you're not fine with it.

I'm fine with us holding off on Skylar Thompson.   You know, the guy we were discussing?

I just think it's kinda funny to tell a kid he's #1 on your board and then not offer.
1909/1964/1965/1977

870hogfan

Didn't hurt Storey when we didn't offer him first....

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 04:03:42 pm
I'm fine with us holding off on Skylar Thompson.   You know, the guy we were discussing?

I just think it's kinda funny to tell a kid he's #1 on your board and then not offer.

He's #1 on our board at this time. Doesn't mean we should offer.
Doesn't mean Ford won't be #1.
Doesn't mean we won't offer Ford.

To say you're depressed with this staffs decision making is what fired me up.

Wildhog

Quote from: 870hogfan on June 26, 2014, 04:09:18 pm

Some kids are born and bred Hogs.  Others, you really have to work for.

It was also pretty stupid to wait as long as we did, given his family's close ties to the Malzahns.  Glad it worked out for us.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: 870hogfan on June 26, 2014, 04:09:18 pm

Exactly.  Swallow your pride and come back and get your offer. 

That isn't on our staff that's on you.

Kj came back and earned his offer so he got one. So his dad is going to be mad because we didn't offer him in the camp he was hurt?.

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 04:12:19 pm

It was also pretty stupid to wait as long as we did, given his family's close ties to the Malzahns.  Glad it worked out for us.

Stupid? ..

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 04:11:42 pm
He's #1 on our board at this time. Doesn't mean we should offer.
Doesn't mean Ford won't be #1.
Doesn't mean we won't offer Ford.

To say you're depressed with this staffs decision making is what fired me up.

I knew you were going to say that.  You're assuming I agree with their QB board.  I trust a Petrino QB evaluation over anyone we've got on staff.  I'm sure that will fire you up as well.  Try to maintain.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 04:12:19 pm

What makes you think the Storey family is close to the Malzahn family?

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 26, 2014, 04:17:16 pm
What makes you think the Storey family is close to the Malzahn family?

Gus and Ty's dad were college roommates.  Been close friends for years.
1909/1964/1965/1977

870hogfan

Quote from: Wildhog on June 26, 2014, 04:14:51 pm
I knew you were going to say that.  You're assuming I agree with their QB board.  I trust a Petrino QB evaluation over anyone we've got on staff.  I'm sure that will fire you up as well.  Try to maintain.

Yeah since Petrino QBs are doing so well in the NFL...

Wildhog

Quote from: the1 on June 26, 2014, 04:24:02 pm
Has no bearing on their ability to win college games.

Zero.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

I'm about to leave the office, so i'll visit this thread later.  Enjoyed the discussion.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: the1 on June 26, 2014, 04:24:02 pm
Has no bearing on their ability to win college games.

Who besides Mallett just won a massive amounts of college football games?