Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USA vs. Germany GAME THREAD

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, June 26, 2014, 01:00:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Teams slowing down a bit.

I would like to see us play solid defensively, and look for a couple of opportunities for Clint.  Bring in Wondo toward the end of the game.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

JayBell

Yedlin will likely come on for Davis at some point.  That will give some pace and some added defense.  I don't know what you change in the attack.  Maybe Bedoya on for Zusi or Dempsey.

Horsesrus

Now is not the time to panic.  Keep an eye on the Portugal score and keep doing what you've been doing.  Still through unless the spread of goals increase by 4.

Goal by Mueller.

1-0 Germany

Ghana ties their game.

1-1
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Horsesrus

Don't want Ghana taking a 2-1 lead or it will be nail biting time.

JayBell

Quote from: Horsesrus on June 26, 2014, 12:16:35 pmDon't want Ghana taking a 2-1 lead or it will be nail biting time.

Best case scenario at halftime is now approaching worst case scenario just 12 minutes into the second half.

Also, the dangerous Klose subbed in at the half.

Klinsmann's starting 11 not looking very smart right now.

Bedoya in.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Beckermann gets a yellow

Foul on Beasley should have been a card

Jones better be careful, he could have gotten the one that went to Beckerman

What is up with Bradley?  He seems to not even be able to control the ball

Horsesrus

Quote from: Notshavin on June 26, 2014, 12:22:55 pm

He has been poor.  The US just needs to get some possession in the middle third.  Germany has no reason to pressure them with a 1-0 lead.

popcornhog

WPS

Let's just get a goal here and put this thing away...

The idea of Ghana being able to still eliminate us for the 3RD TIME is unbearable

popcornhog

Quote from: Notshavin on June 26, 2014, 12:22:55 pm

Yeah, I don't understand soccer that well but damn.

Germany did blow a couple of scoring opportunities in the first half though too.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Notshavin on June 26, 2014, 12:26:25 pm
Let's just get a goal here and put this thing away...

The idea of Ghana being able to still eliminate us for the 3RD TIME is unbearable

Agreed. Hopefully the score holds or Portugal scores.
WPS

Zusi wastes another corner.

Time for Wondo or Johannsson.  PLEASE

What a weird game. 2 of our guys collide and hurt each other.  I think that Ghanaian Shaman is working his magic.

Come on, we need a break!!

Now Jones, the guy who is playing best for us today is bleeding from his nose....

JayBell

I think they'll both be fine.

I'm praying at the shrine of Cristiano Ronaldo right now hoping he can pull one back for us.

Horsesrus

Keep it in the middle third for 15 minutes and advance.

Quote from: Horsesrus on June 26, 2014, 12:36:27 pm
Keep it in the middle third for 15 minutes and advance.

Problem with that is if Ghana scores again.

popcornhog

So if we lost 1-0 and Ghana won 2-1, we'd advance by virtue of the win over Ghana, right?
WPS

Ronaldo just scored for Portugal

Horsesrus

US is through barring a miracle.

Cresthog

JayBell

Quote from: Notshavin on June 26, 2014, 12:38:53 pmRonaldo just scored for Portugal

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!

Ghana needs two late goals to knock the US out...again.

I still can't breathe.

popcornhog

Portugal scores!!

We're pretty much in now, right?
WPS

razorbackfan86

Quote from: popcornhog on June 26, 2014, 12:38:49 pm
So if we lost 1-0 and Ghana won 2-1, we'd advance by virtue of the win over Ghana, right?

Nope Ghana would advance based on goal differential.

razorbackfan86

Horsesrus

Ghana would need 3 now unless Germany scores again.

Cresthog

It's shocking how sloppy bradley has been. I know he's somewhat out of position, but he's looked like one of our worst technical players.

Yedlin tees off.  We look awful right now.

popcornhog

So now it doesn't matter if we tie up the game, right? If we lose or tie we advance as the 2 seed out of our group, right?

Is it even possible to score two goals in soccer in 10 minutes?
WPS

Cresthog

Loew is a serious dick if he brings another attacker on.

Horsesrus

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 26, 2014, 12:40:25 pm

If Ghana won by 1 and US lost by 1, US would be through to the next round.  Ghana would be 0 net, US would be 0 net and US won head to head.

popcornhog

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 26, 2014, 12:40:25 pm

I know it doesn't matter anymore but wouldn't that scenario have tied us with Ghana in goal differential?
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Horsesrus on June 26, 2014, 12:42:57 pm
If Ghana won by 1 and US lost by 1, US would be through to the next round.  Ghana would be 0 net, US would be 0 net and US won head to head.

Yeah, that's what I thought.
WPS

JayBell

Except Ghana is losing and Portugal is winning.  Ghana needs to score two goals to beat Portugal and leapfrog the US.

Portugal would need to score another goal or two, as would Germany for the Ronaldos to be able to make up the goal differential.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: Horsesrus on June 26, 2014, 12:42:57 pm

You're right had my math wrong

Horsesrus

Quote from: JayBell on June 26, 2014, 12:44:24 pm
Except Ghana is losing and Portugal is winning.  Ghana needs to score two goals to beat Portugal and leapfrog the US.

Portugal would need to score another goal or two, as would Germany for the Ronaldos to be able to make up the goal differential.

If Ghana scored two goals to win 3-2 their net goal differential would be 0.  With the US losing 1-0 their net is also zero.  US won head to head. 

The only dire scenario is a negative swing of 3 goals in 5 minutes. 

4 minutes added for stoppage time.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

razorJAcker

NO, if Ghana had won 2-1 and USA had lost 1-0, Ghana would have advanced.  The goal differential would have been even, but the tiebreaker after that is goals scored, not head to head.  In this scenario, Ghana would have had 5 total goals, while USA had 4, and Ghana would have advanced.  If both teams would have had the same amount of goals scored, then the head to head would have put USA through to the next round.

NeilieN

Quote from: Horsesrus on June 26, 2014, 12:46:32 pm
If Ghana scored two goals to win 3-2 their net goal differential would be 0.  With the US losing 1-0 their net is also zero.  US won head to head. 

The only dire scenario is a negative swing of 3 goals in 5 minutes. 

Actually the second tie breaker is total goals scored in all group matches, not head to head.

Honestly, I'd rather play Belgium than Algeria.

I don't like the match-up with Algeria and the trouble they gave us in 2010.  Plus, Klinsmann is probably more familiar with Belgium...

Horsesrus

I give Klinsman a lot of credit, Us played strategically well for the situation.  They got the results they needed and now make it to the next stage which is all they could have hoped for.

GREAT build up!!!

That's it guys!!!

Wow, 2 great efforts

Horsesrus

Quote from: Notshavin on June 26, 2014, 12:51:03 pm
Honestly, I'd rather play Belgium than Algeria.

I don't like the match-up with Algeria and the trouble they gave us in 2010.  Plus, Klinsmann is probably more familiar with Belgium...

And that side of the bracket is considerably easier in my opinion.

UGLY UGLY UGLY

BUT WE ARE THROUGH TO THE ROUND OF 16 BABY!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEART HEART HEART

Bubba's Bruisers

They may us sweat, but...

USA
USA
USA
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15