Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SMU game: 11/25

Started by Hawg Red, June 25, 2014, 10:44:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

-Blu

Thanks for update on that.

I noticed that SMU isn't in a pre-season tournament and only 11 OOC games, do they play 20 conference games, or has the pre-season tournament just now been announced.  Also  there schedule looks similar to ours at this point.  3 pretty tough road games, and 1 marquee matchup at home.

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on June 25, 2014, 06:52:35 pm
Thanks for update on that.

I noticed that SMU isn't in a pre-season tournament and only 11 OOC games, do they play 20 conference games, or has the pre-season tournament just now been announced.  Also  there schedule looks similar to ours at this point.  3 pretty tough road games, and 1 marquee matchup at home.

Conference website says they will continue with an 18-game conference schedule. Maybe they're waiting to finalize a tournament.

popcornhog

WPS

The_Iceman

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 27, 2014, 11:31:24 am
Going up against the potential #1 pick in the 2015 draft.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/6/27/5846752/nba-mock-draft-2015-emmanuel-mudiay

Gonna be real hard to keep Bobby here for a 3rd year.

RazorAg

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 27, 2014, 11:48:02 am
Gonna be real hard to keep Bobby here for a 3rd year.

Certainly, no one needs to be surprised if he does jump.  That's what I've been shouting since the season ended.  I also think for where he may be projected in next year's chance, there's a better than normal chance that he'll stay if we experience more success next year.

HognitiveDissonance

I can say right now that I put a 1 in 10 chance of us winning that SMU game.

I know everyone is thinking NCAAs next year, and actually I am too, but it does worry me some that the early season schedule is so tough. It could make us, or put us in a another hole to climb out of. Road games at SMU(loss), at Clemson, at Iowa State, Dayton at home. I never worry about home games, we can beat virtually anybody there. It takes a virtual Final 4 caliber team to beat us at home. But we need to go 2-2 at worse with SMU/Clemson/Ia St/Dayton

husker71

and now they get Jason Martin  xfer from Xavier who is immediately eligible.  If you score 12 points a game at Xavier you can play.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 25, 2014, 10:44:28 am
For anyone in the area or planning to make the trip.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/25857591/smu-basketball-releases-2014-non-conference-schedule

Yea, I think I I'll go downtown to Moody Coliseum and watch it. Bet we have as many fans as they do there.Thanks.

Quote from: texas tush hog on July 03, 2014, 09:17:55 am
Yea, I think I I'll go downtown to Moody Coliseum and watch it. Bet we have as many fans as they do there.Thanks.
Moody isn't downtown.

Any idea when tickets go on sale?