Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's The Biggest Villain In Arkansas Razorback History?

Started by Augustus, June 24, 2014, 05:38:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scootriteby

I believe the thing that really sealed the deal for me on HDN was his first year at Ole Miss  where he came back to Fayetteville, and if I remember correctly, the announcers said his son spit on the Razorback at mid-field. Plus, HDN taunted fans after the game in the parking lot. A complete lack of character in that one!

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: scootriteby on July 02, 2014, 09:21:09 pm
I believe the thing that really sealed the deal for me on HDN was his first year at Ole Miss  where he came back to Fayetteville, and if I remember correctly, the announcers said his son spit on the Razorback at mid-field. Plus, HDN taunted fans after the game in the parking lot. A complete lack of character in that one!

His entire fiber of being is riddled with lack of character.

PRJ

Big Poppa Z

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on July 02, 2014, 01:30:16 pmI KNOW FOR A FACT HOUSTON SAID IT....I CAN'T BE ANY CLEARER

So, again, you were there?

No?

Then you've got nada.

Merely factual.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Zeke__in__KC on July 02, 2014, 10:56:18 pm
So, again, you were there?

No?

Then you've got nada.

Merely factual.

So.....again....I KNOW FOR A FACT HE SAID IT.

Now you take it however you want to. He said it, I know he said it.

Tell Daddy Hi.

PRJ

Peter Porker

Quote from: Notshavin on July 02, 2014, 08:32:40 pm
I am seeing/hearing this Nuttzi revival more and more.  It's either young people who weren't around and don't believe it was actually that bad(who would?), or it's the more fair-weather fans who are in denial and believe something happened, but hear anything negative and want to blame it on an NWA vs. LR/South Arkansas feud.

It's VERY simple.  Nutt ran off some of our best players/coaches and didn't care how it affected the program.   He created a toxic environment.  He was 100% to blame.  And there is irrefutable proof.  That's it.

Let me get this straight. You cannot misspell a former coach's (that took a crap on our program) name, but calling other posters names is ok.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 30, 2014, 05:54:37 pm
That was a unusual situation. The person in question was an avowed Florida Gators fan and radio talk show host who had teased Ryan Mallett about Arkansas controversial loss to Florida. Mallett was furious and told Petrino that he was not going to talk to her in the future. When she showed up the following day at practice still wearing that Florida hat Petrino went off on her.

I never did consider her a part of the Razorback media. No real reporter walks around at practice telling the players that they are a fan of a rival school while trying to tick them off. Frankly it's stupid.

Thanks Mike. I didn't know she had done that at practice. That's just another reason for her to be disciplined by the radio station she worked for if she truly was a professional reporter. That would be true of any reporter that openly taunted a team they were suppose to be reporting on while wearing a rivals logo AND teasing players of the team. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 03, 2014, 06:15:26 am
Let me get this straight. You cannot misspell a former coach's (that took a crap on our program) name, but calling other posters names is ok.

When it comes to Nutt there are exceptions to the rule. As you can see from the posts Nutt brings out a hatred like no one else. Therefore if you are perceived to be a pro Nutt person then the rules are suspended, and it is allowed to compare you to the Natzis. A group of people who murdered over 11 million Jews which included 1 million children.

Yep, that sounds just like the pro Nutt people. [sarcasm off]

Fair? No

But with Nutt all rules are suspended.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" WILSON on July 02, 2014, 03:30:57 pm
Falling in love with the Razorbacks because of Houston Nutt and his antics is tantamount to starting a diet by shooting yourself in the stomach.

One of the best analogies I've ever read on here..........................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 03, 2014, 06:37:00 am
When it comes to Nutt there are exceptions to the rule. As you can see from the posts Nutt brings out a hatred like no one else. Therefore if you are perceived to be a pro Nutt person then the rules are suspended, and it is allowed to compare you to the Natzis. A group of people who murdered over 11 million Jews which included 1 million children.

Yep, that sounds just like the pro Nutt people. [sarcasm off]

Fair? No

But with Nutt all rules are suspended.  ;D

No one is comparing anyone to Nazi Germany. The reference is to people who blindly follow and want to support a coach who was anything but a good man to lead our program. And, for many years, folks were blind to what was really going on behind the scenes. The 2006 season changed all of that when Nutt and his "posse" (as they were called) went too far overboard with their antics that became public. I could compare them to the Keystone Cops and I doubt that there would be such a negative reaction to the reference, even if less than half of our posters knew what the reference meant.
Go Hogs Go!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 03, 2014, 06:58:24 am
No one is comparing anyone to Nazi Germany. The reference is to people who blindly follow and want to support a coach who was anything but a good man to lead our program. And, for many years, folks were blind to what was really going on behind the scenes. The 2006 season changed all of that when Nutt and his "posse" (as they were called) went too far overboard with their antics that became public. I could compare them to the Keystone Cops and I doubt that there would be such a negative reaction to the reference, even if less than half of our posters knew what the reference meant.

Muskogee, I am sorry but when I see Nuttzi it reads the same as Natzi. So it is just a coincidence the two names are spelled similarly? I am not sure how anyone could read it any differently.

If it is talking about being blind then the German people were blind by what was happening. The Natzis were all in to Hitler's desires as that was his political party.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 03, 2014, 06:15:26 am

This post here shows me just how much you know about Arkansas football history 1998-2007..

Hooten heal ya or something?

PRJ

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 03, 2014, 07:01:39 am
Muskogee, I am sorry but when I see Nuttzi it reads the same as Natzi. So it is just a coincidence the two names are spelled similarly? I am not sure how anyone could read it any differently.

If it is talking about being blind then the German people were blind by what was happening. The Natzis were all in to Hitler's desires as that was his political party.

You have a little love left for Hooten too....?

Man...for being so conservative politically, you sure are all emotional about political correctness.

PRJ

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on July 03, 2014, 07:06:03 am
This post here shows me just how much you know about Arkansas football history 1998-2007..

Hooten heal ya or something?

PRJ

He asked a legitimate question for which your response doesn't answer. I get it this is a highly emotional topic for you, but do rules of the board get suspended because we are talking about Nutt?

I have many posts where I complained of Peter's continued misuse of Bobby's name, and feel he is correct on this one as Nuttzi is not funny.

Be angry at Nutt, but not the poster as there is no way Nutt can repair his reputation in the State of Arkansas. No way.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on July 03, 2014, 07:10:17 am
You have a little love left for Hooten too....?

Man...for being so conservative politically, you sure are all emotional about political correctness.

PRJ

PRJ, see my response to your other post. I get it that Nutt is an emotional subject for many. I was out of the country for most of his time, so I didn't have to live through his crap. As an alum I do appreciate guys like you who stood up for our school.

Political correctness has nothing to do with my response. I just have a strong sense of fairness that goes along with my conservative values.

Anyway, I have said my piece and will drop the discussion.

PonderinHog

FYI, it's Nazi.  If you're gonna insult Nazis by comparing them to Nutt, at least spell their name correctly.   ;) 

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 03, 2014, 07:20:45 am
FYI, it's Nazi.  If you're gonna insult Nazis by comparing them to Nutt, at least spell their name correctly.   ;) 

Glad someone finally went there...

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 03, 2014, 07:20:45 am

My bad. I thought it looked funny when  I typed it. I guess I need to pay closer attention to those red squiggly lines!  ;D

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on July 03, 2014, 07:24:21 am
Glad someone finally went there...

So you just stood there realizing I was misspelling something and you allowed me to act like a fool? Thanks.  ;D

Peter Porker

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 03, 2014, 07:24:30 am
My bad. I thought it looked funny when  I typed it. I guess I need to pay closer attention to those red squiggly lines!  ;D

It's ok. You sounded it out and spelled it. It proves you finished elementary school.  ;D

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 03, 2014, 07:30:39 am
It's ok. You sounded it out and spelled. It proves you finished elementary school.  ;D

During my freshman communication class the professor asked who learned to spell phonetically? I raised my hand. He asked if I had a hard time spelling words correctly? Yes

So Arkansas public school system thought teaching a kid with strong Arkansas accent to spell phonetically and new math was a great idea. So now my spelling and math skills stink.  ;D

Peter Porker

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 03, 2014, 07:34:42 am
During my freshman communication class the professor asked who learned to spell phonetically? I raised my hand. He asked if I had a hard time spelling words correctly? Yes

So Arkansas public school system thought teaching a kid with strong Arkansas accent to spell phonetically and new math was a great idea. So now my spelling and math skills stink.  ;D

Haha! Good stuff there.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 03, 2014, 07:11:54 am
He asked a legitimate question for which your response doesn't answer. I get it this is a highly emotional topic for you, but do rules of the board get suspended because we are talking about Nutt?

I have many posts where I complained of Peter's continued misuse of Bobby's name, and feel he is correct on this one as Nuttzi is not funny.

Be angry at Nutt, but not the poster as there is no way Nutt can repair his reputation in the State of Arkansas. No way.

The problem is the question was about Nutt. You do realize a big part of the reason this board is here is because of Nutts antics don't you?

The world isn't fair and I, like many others will never be fair to one Houston D. Nutt. That time is gone. There were many who were fair to Houston at one time. When you toy and destroy young man's lives on purpose, fairness goes out the window. When you direct your posse to openly intimidate peoples family, like some kind of mafia don, you are a thug, a stooge, and fairness goes out the window and frankly, justice should be dealt swiftly. He intimidated women and children.

Just because Petrino was a jerk and left us at the altar for a 25 year old, a lie and 20 grand....he is nowhere in the same universe as Houston was, the harm he brought to the University, the harm he brought on young men.

PRJ

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on July 02, 2014, 08:13:36 pm
His whole career here at the University of Arkansas was a disaster...a complete disaster. And there is no revisionist history. He was a bum. He beat Texass twice. That's it. He lucked into the perfect storm in 98 and then he screwed that up. He screwed with Matt Jones for 3 years...it was just a good, no it was a great thing he paid no attention to Houston. He screwed up the greatest 3 running backs collectively in history....blew that. Ran Gus off, ran Mitch off.....and that is the tip of iceberg....it gets incredibly even more sick the more in depth you go...his career was nuclear here.

A stooge

PRJ

Now I know you're just joking. Thank you for outing yourself.

Quote from: Notshavin on July 02, 2014, 08:19:06 pm
So you're saying you don't believe what the FOI's proved, the code red, the harassment of our players, etc.?  In your opinion, all he did was "overstay"?
You are calling our best sportswriters liars?

THAT'S what you focused on from my post?? I said "overstayed" because I didn't want to get into that...I agree with most of you guys on here surrounding the details after about 2001.

But to try to use that to point negatively towards the excitement of the first couple of years--most wins since 1989, high attendance yielding general excitement around the 2001 stadium expansion, two good bowls--is revisionist history. After the rough decade that was the 1990s, he did successfully elevate the program despite all of his (numerous) flaws. And his timing was perfect to set up for Petrino, who was ten times the coach Nutt was.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on July 03, 2014, 09:34:21 am
The problem is the question was about Nutt. You do realize a big part of the reason this board is here is because of Nutts antics don't you?

The world isn't fair and I, like many others will never be fair to one Houston D. Nutt. That time is gone. There were many who were fair to Houston at one time. When you toy and destroy young man's lives on purpose, fairness goes out the window. When you direct your posse to openly intimidate peoples family, like some kind of mafia don, you are a thug, a stooge, and fairness goes out the window and frankly, justice should be dealt swiftly. He intimidated women and children.

Just because Petrino was a jerk and left us at the altar for a 25 year old, a lie and 20 grand....he is nowhere in the same universe as Houston was, the harm he brought to the University, the harm he brought on young men.

PRJ

I am fully aware of how Hogville came to be. And no I don't put Bobby at the low level as Nutt. While records may be close their characters were different. Bobby was "do it my way or get out of the way." Nutt was simply, as Mike put it, junior high crap level.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on July 03, 2014, 10:22:41 am

THAT'S what you focused on from my post?? I said "overstayed" because I didn't want to get into that...I agree with most of you guys on here surrounding the details after about 2001.

But to try to use that to point negatively towards the excitement of the first couple of years--most wins since 1989, high attendance yielding general excitement around the 2001 stadium expansion, two good bowls--is revisionist history. After the rough decade that was the 1990s, he did successfully elevate the program despite all of his (numerous) flaws. And his timing was perfect to set up for Petrino, who was ten times the coach Nutt was.

This is how I remember the early years before his antics could cause problems. The five year stretch before he came was bad - real bad. Nutt was sold as "one of us" and his first year was great. Most thought we has the right guy.

Then he began his antics (or his antics finally came to light), but there was excitement for the first year or two. And in no way do I mean to downplay what he did to people. I hope by this discussion people know I understand the pain Nutt caused.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 03, 2014, 10:27:33 am
This is how I remember the early years before his antics could cause problems. The five year stretch before he came was bad - real bad. Nutt was sold as "one of us" and his first year was great. Most thought we has the right guy.

Then he began his antics (or his antics finally came to light), but there was excitement for the first year or two. And in no way do I mean to downplay what he did to people. I hope by this discussion people know I understand the pain Nutt caused.

I don't think most thought he was the right guy as in a majority. Did some think he would be OK then sure. ALL coaches when hired at least have some that think they will do fine. ALL coaches when hired will never be accepted by some. He wasn't even on my list of "best candidates". However that being said ALL coaches when hired deserve a chance to "win" over the fans that didn't want them. IF not for John White he may not have been our coach. In the interest of full disclosure I thought Tuberville was the right man at the time. Heck I also thought Danny Ford would be a great coach when he was hired since he had won at Clemson including a NC. That didn't turn out so good either. The thing about hiring coaches is it is barely above a crapshoot in odds at most places.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 02, 2014, 04:13:40 pm
That is the first time I heard Broyles didn't have the power.

Seriously? It is common knowledge that Broyles wanted Tuberville, but the "committee" supported Nutt.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on July 03, 2014, 10:53:23 am
Seriously? It is common knowledge that Broyles wanted Tuberville, but the "committee" supported Nutt.

Yep seriously. It is common knowledge I was in Asia at the time and there was no Internet.  ;)

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 03, 2014, 10:23:08 am
I am fully aware of how Hogville came to be. And no I don't put Bobby at the low level as Nutt. While records may be close their characters were different. Bobby was "do it my way or get out of the way." Nutt was simply, as Mike put it, junior high crap level.

Nutt was simply criminal. He and our University were lucky nobody pushed a lawsuit. Would have done damage unimaginable.

PRJ

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on July 03, 2014, 10:22:41 am

Outing myself? That is funny.

PRJ

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Notshavin on July 02, 2014, 04:54:42 pm
Yes, "destroyed".  When you don't do anything except undermine your strengths to feed your own ego, and enough talent falls in your lap to win an NC and you squander it, and to top it all off you are also an incompetent coach....that's pretty much going to destroy your program.

Well, we have very different definitions of "destroy". I am no fan of Hootie, and lots of bizarre stuff went on when he was HC, and he probably under-achieved. But if BP had not done a major choke job in the fourth quarter at Lexington in '08, we would have won that game, and gone bowling.

Thus, the record of the "destroyed" program might have been:

2006.......10-4
2007.......8-5
2008.......7-6
2009.......8-5
2010.......10-3
2011.......11-2

My vote for biggest villain is Darrel Royal.

hellwonthaveme

Houston Nutt once said he won a game because his daddy and Paul Ells were blowing on the goalposts from heaven.

He destroyed the program.

PRJ

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on July 03, 2014, 01:29:23 pm

PRJ

Noting that Nutt "only" beat Texas twice....he was 2-1 against Texas and is the only coach in Hog history with a winning record against them. Of all the things to criticize him for...that??

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 03, 2014, 10:52:01 am
I don't think most thought he was the right guy as in a majority. Did some think he would be OK then sure. ALL coaches when hired at least have some that think they will do fine. ALL coaches when hired will never be accepted by some. He wasn't even on my list of "best candidates". However that being said ALL coaches when hired deserve a chance to "win" over the fans that didn't want them. IF not for John White he may not have been our coach. In the interest of full disclosure I thought Tuberville was the right man at the time. Heck I also thought Danny Ford would be a great coach when he was hired since he had won at Clemson including a NC. That didn't turn out so good either. The thing about hiring coaches is it is barely above a crapshoot in odds at most places.

Well being out of the country I probably was only hearing the "company line" about Nutt.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on July 03, 2014, 02:54:49 pm
Noting that Nutt "only" beat Texas twice....he was 2-1 against Texas and is the only coach in Hog history with a winning record against them. Of all the things to criticize him for...that??

Ummmm.....I said that's all he did in his tenure that was worth a damn.....

Reading comprehension.......

PRJ

chitwnhog

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on July 03, 2014, 01:29:23 pm

PRJ

You outed yourself as a Nutt Hater years ago...and rightfully so.

ChitownHawg

ricepig

Quote from: ChitownHawg on July 03, 2014, 03:04:52 pm
When does Fall Camp start?  ;D

Don't know, but don't SEC Media days start July 14th, that should get us down the road a bit.

hellwonthaveme

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 03, 2014, 02:57:35 pm
You outed yourself as a Nutt Hater years ago...and rightfully so.

With all my heart.

PRJ

Big Poppa Z

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on July 03, 2014, 03:14:55 pm
Nutt destroyed it Zeke. End of discussion...

Basically, you've lost using your one trick (failed) argument and possess not a single bit more?

Noted.

I'm embarrassed for you.

Please, tell me you have more?  This is serious business you're flailing at...

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on July 03, 2014, 01:40:36 pm
I am no fan of Hootie, and lots of bizarre stuff went on when he was HC, and he probably under-achieved.

Some of the stuff posted in this thread is truly unbelievable.

The stuff that Nutt did was "bizarre" THEN, but not now, because we know he did it and we know exactly what he did.  You are in denial if you think he just "underachieved".

Those of you like Porker and Zeke that have an axe to grind with Bobby Petrino, I have no problem with that, go ahead.  But to use Nutt as a comparison, trying to make BP look worse is just truly insane.

Again, the most credible sports' writer in Arkansas just laid out the FACTS for you, yet you keep throwing out meaningless statistics.  We are talking about the worst VILLAIN, someone who purposefully destroyed and harmed the program, not someone who was just incompetent or cheating on his wife(although Nutt went ahead and did those things, too).

You're going to have to stop using Nutt as a comparison, because it's not going to work.  Make your complaints about BP, fine, we get it.  But it doing that, don't try to state that all Nutt did was "overstay" or "probably underachieved" or "some bizarre things happened(as if we don't have full factual reports on what was done, where it was done and what time it was done)".

Some of this denial also seems to have to do with Nutt being from Arkansas.  We don't want to admit when one of our own is a crap human being.  It's easier when they are an outsider like BP is.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Peter Porker

Basically the same amount of wins after 4 seasons. Can't deny that.
The consensus is, under Petrino, we would have won 6 or 7 games in each of the last 2 seasons. That would have given him 4 seasons of 5-7, 7-5, 7-5, and 7-5 out of 6. Very Nutt-like.
Can't deny that.

That would have been 6 seasons with no SEC West championships and no wins over Alabama.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Zeke__in__KC on July 03, 2014, 03:16:54 pm
Basically, you've lost using your one trick (failed) argument and possess not a single bit more?

Noted.

I'm embarrassed for you.

Please, tell me you have more?  This is serious business you're flailing at...

My one trick? Lolol....Dude...I have tricks for days when it comes to Nutt.

And you have embarrassed yourself every time you post.....

PRJ

bigredone

MOTHO was dumb as a rock. While I agree that BP sucked at recruiting and having a passable defense, at least there was a system to his offense. If you don't believe that BP would have competed for a NC with some of the backfields that MOTHO had I really don't know what to say.

To me MOTHO was too freaking stupid to be the biggest villain of all time. The only people in AR who could compare to MOTHO are those trying to defend him. (BigDeal are you still out there?)

Broyles and White, however, were bright enough to have done the right thing and refused to do so for reasons that are beyond me. If they had just done their jobs most of the MOTHO story would have never occurred. Broyles having been a great coach is the one I lay the most blame on but I can see the argument for White.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ricepig on July 03, 2014, 03:14:00 pm
Don't know, but don't SEC Media days start July 14th, that should get us down the road a bit.

It will like that last cup of water before you complete the last 3 miles of your marathon.  ;D

MuskogeeHogFan

July 04, 2014, 05:42:39 am #398 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:11:18 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on July 03, 2014, 02:54:49 pm

That's nice and everyone always likes to beat Texas. I mean, who doesn't enjoy that?

If you look at the records that HDN's teams at Arkansas recorded you find the following.

Overall:           75-49   .605
At first blush, that looks pretty good, right?

OOC Games:     33-9    .786
Still looking pretty great, right?

Here is where you begin to find the truth.
Conf Games:     42-40   .512

And the most embarrassing part is his record in OOC games against what we would call the "power" conferences, in other words, the major Div I Conferences.
3-7     .300

Then, when you add in all of his other antics during his tenure here, you get the distinct impression that this guy was a snake oil salesman, who "called that play, brotha".
Go Hogs Go!

Dark Helmet Hog

July 04, 2014, 07:46:40 am #399 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 09:23:12 am by Dark Helmet Hog
The most successful thing Nutt did to stir hate and discontent was tap into the rivalry between NWA and central Arkansas. You see this rivalry in the state legislature, you see it in the GSD, and you see it in posts every day on this board. Why this rivalry even exists is beyond me. It's been around for as long as I can remember, but everyone should remember that we are on the same team.

Anyway, Nutt stumbled into this rivalry when he made it him and his posse against the "haters from the North". Malzahn's success at Springdale and Shiloh only fueled the fire. It helped make Nutt's lies more believable as some people were all too willing to spread rumors. Us versus them ruled the day. The fact that innocent kids got caught up in this makes Nutt's lies even more treacherous. They can't rid themselves from the effects of those lies even to this day, despite the facts that have come forward. They would be justified in filing a civil suit.

Nutt? Hmm. Evil genius? Master politician? I'm going with egotistical idiot that unfortunately knew how to network. He managed to divide the fan base so badly that it still exists today. He would throw kids under the bus to take pressure off himself. He threw veteran players under the bus to NFL scouts for petty vendettas . He is by far the biggest villain in Razorback history with only White running a close second.