Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeremiah Ledbetter.

Started by secneahog, June 23, 2014, 10:22:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Is visiting the Hill Wednesday.  Juco DT out of Kansas. 
6'3 280.

Offers from.

Oklahoma State. 
Florida
Georgia.
Miami. 
Arkansas. 

It's a official visit he to took a unofficial to the Hill on April 9th.
3 star 88 overall. 

Looks like a stud defensive guy.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Music City Hog

lightsout

It could not be more essential that we start landing some guys comparable to this. Guys with 3-4 other top 25 program offers. Guys that don't have a particular tie to any school (e.g., NOT a guy that grew up a longhorn fan, but a highly rated TX recruit going out of state). Not AR kids. And NOT kids that have been locked to AR since before their junior year. But either JUCOS or guys undecided into their senior year that we beat out two to three schools like Florida and Georgia for and for whom those schools make a BIG play. Not 20 such kids—that will never happen. But you just have to be able to bring in 4-5 kids per year that have no particular tie to Arkansas that you are beating out BIG TIME programs for. We have to start having 4-5 Collins/Kirklands per year. EVERY YEAR. A COUPLE EVERY FEW YEARS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I know we'll never get the 5 star from Tuscaloosa that grew up a Bama fan. But we MUST beat out Alabama and Florida for the Memphis kid that wasn't a fan of either. This is the kind of kid we must bring in 4-5 per year. We have to win a few tough battles with high level programs when the kid isn't either from AR or ties to AR. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT HAVING 10 elite recruits in every class. 

Uncommon

It sounds like he wants to play in his home state of Florida (Orlando native).  Main competition here will likely be Florida and Miami.

WBC Hog

He's an early enrollee as well. I hope he likes what he sees while on his visit at the Hill! We missed last year on a big DE prospect in Solly Thomas so we need a big name this year.

redeye

Quote from: lightsout on June 23, 2014, 11:07:06 pm
It could not be more essential that we start landing some guys comparable to this. Guys with 3-4 other top 25 program offers. Guys that don't have a particular tie to any school (e.g., NOT a guy that grew up a longhorn fan, but a highly rated TX recruit going out of state). Not AR kids. And NOT kids that have been locked to AR since before their junior year. But either JUCOS or guys undecided into their senior year that we beat out two to three schools like Florida and Georgia for and for whom those schools make a BIG play. Not 20 such kids—that will never happen. But you just have to be able to bring in 4-5 kids per year that have no particular tie to Arkansas that you are beating out BIG TIME programs for. We have to start having 4-5 Collins/Kirklands per year. EVERY YEAR. A COUPLE EVERY FEW YEARS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I know we'll never get the 5 star from Tuscaloosa that grew up a Bama fan. But we MUST beat out Alabama and Florida for the Memphis kid that wasn't a fan of either. This is the kind of kid we must bring in 4-5 per year. We have to win a few tough battles with high level programs when the kid isn't either from AR or ties to AR. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT HAVING 10 elite recruits in every class.

I guess it depends on what you consider elite, but I can't go along with that.

I think if you'll look back at our recruits under Bielema, you'll find that many of our commitments have had offers from other big schools.  That doesn't always mean they were considered elite, but they still had the offers and that's something we're seeing more of under Bielema.

We've also seen players who would likely have had more offers, except that they committed early and never strayed.  Jamario Bell is an excellent example, because you can't tell me that most any team in the nation wouldn't love to have him, but his next best offer is from Louisville, according to 247.

ZERO

Quote from: secneahog on June 23, 2014, 10:22:57 pm
o took a unofficial to the Hill on April 9th.
3 star 88 overall. 

He's actually a 4* on Scout.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: redeye on June 24, 2014, 12:53:03 am
I guess it depends on what you consider elite, but I can't go along with that.

I think if you'll look back at our recruits under Bielema, you'll find that many of our commitments have had offers from other big schools.  That doesn't always mean they were considered elite, but they still had the offers and that's something we're seeing more of under Bielema.

We've also seen players who would likely have had more offers, except that they committed early and never strayed.  Jamario Bell is an excellent example, because you can't tell me that most any team in the nation wouldn't love to have him, but his next best offer is from Louisville, according to 247.

I would say that there are many factors involved in determining the "worth" of a recruit. Sure these services go and rank the players. Sure you can look at an offer list and have a good idea. Coaches evaluation means a lot too. There is so many different factors that are in play as to a recruit working well in a certain program or not. To me, the offer list and coaches evaluation are more imortant than the stars. Reason being is if a player is good enough to play for Georgia, Florida, Florida St., etc. I would say he stands a good chance of being good enough to play for us. Also, the coaches know what kind of player they need for their system. They can see things a lot of us wouldn't pick up on. Little quirks a player might have. They do their research on the students and probably know more about the individuals attitude, work ethic, grade issues, and type of friends they are suceptable to be around. I would think that recruiting in and of itself can be almost as challenging as the X's and O's part of coaching.

Now when a player has 4* and not too many offers, that says something to me. May not be a bad thing, but if these services are ranking them that high and their only "major" offer is from a C-USA school, what is going on there? Are the services mistaken? You can't always judge elite by the number of stars they have.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Hawg_Thai'd

Oh, and by the way, I was not referring to J. Bell. I was actually referring to a player from Memphis that everyone was saying we should offer last year. I realized after I posted that the previous post had Louisville and I put C-USA.

RazorPiggie

June 24, 2014, 07:32:24 am #9 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:43:17 am by RazorPiggie
Quote from: lightsout on June 23, 2014, 11:07:06 pm

You expect us to start recruiting with Bama?

Let me throw this little stat out there for you. 7 schools in the top 20 in class rankings didn't get a single 5* player. 6 schools only got 1 in the top 20.

How do you think we can get 4-5 when teams like tOSU, ND, Texas, Tenner, Florida, Miami, Stanford, OU, USCe, and Clemson can't get more than 1.

Please don't make me pull up an old thread that shows you how many D1 football players within 250 miles of say UGAs, Bamas, LSUs, AUs, UFs, etc. campus.

lightsout

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on June 24, 2014, 03:21:51 am
I would say that there are many factors involved in determining the "worth" of a recruit. Sure these services go and rank the players. Sure you can look at an offer list and have a good idea. Coaches evaluation means a lot too. There is so many different factors that are in play as to a recruit working well in a certain program or not. To me, the offer list and coaches evaluation are more imortant than the stars. Reason being is if a player is good enough to play for Georgia, Florida, Florida St., etc. I would say he stands a good chance of being good enough to play for us. Also, the coaches know what kind of player they need for their system. They can see things a lot of us wouldn't pick up on. Little quirks a player might have. They do their research on the students and probably know more about the individuals attitude, work ethic, grade issues, and type of friends they are suceptable to be around. I would think that recruiting in and of itself can be almost as challenging as the X's and O's part of coaching.

Now when a player has 4* and not too many offers, that says something to me. May not be a bad thing, but if these services are ranking them that high and their only "major" offer is from a C-USA school, what is going on there? Are the services mistaken? You can't always judge elite by the number of stars they have.

This is my point. I don't care about stars. I'm just saying that in EVERY class we need a few signees that are being highly recruited by 3-4 other top programs and we win out. And that's why I exclude the hypothetical kid from Alabama that Alabama is on. We need the hypothetical kid from Southeast Kansas that Florida State, Ohio State, and Geirgua are recruiting hard. My point is that we need to, at least a handful if times per year, beat those schools for players. And not someone they cooled on or filled up. A head to head win when the coach makes an in home the day before signing day. And I know this won't be the whole class. But it needs to happen a few times every year.   

RazorPiggie

Well for 2015 class we have:

Hjalte Froholdt (offers from Bama, FSU, tOSU, Mich, Mich State, & PSU)

Ty Story (offers from Bama, AU, & Louisville)

Zach Rogers (offers from UCLA, Baylor, & OU)

CJ O'Grady (offers from OU, Texas, Ole Miss, MSU, Louisville)

Daytrieon Dean (offers from OKState, Ole Miss, visited by Bama as well no offer tho)

Austin Cantrell (OU offer)

RazorPiggie

2014 Class had

Bijhon Jackson (offered by Bama)

Brian Wallace (offered by Bama, UGA, OU, tOSU, Mich State, Iowa, etc.)

Rafe Peavey (offered by AU, Iowa, Louisville, Mizzou, Neb, Ole Miss, USC, West Virginia, UCLA)

Henre Toliver (offered by OU, Arizona State, Louisville, Neb)

RazorPiggie

I'd say we are headed in the right direction. Those are some big time offers if you ask me.

secneahog

I think it's a good thing for us that not to long ago he took a unofficial here. Now he's coming back for a official visit.

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ifghog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on June 24, 2014, 08:20:33 am
2014 Class had

Bijhon Jackson (offered by Bama)

Brian Wallace (offered by Bama, UGA, OU, tOSU, Mich State, Iowa, etc.)

Rafe Peavey (offered by AU, Iowa, Louisville, Mizzou, Neb, Ole Miss, USC, West Virginia, UCLA)

Henre Toliver (offered by OU, Arizona State, Louisville, Neb)
Nice post sir!

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: lightsout on June 24, 2014, 07:52:03 am
This is my point. I don't care about stars. I'm just saying that in EVERY class we need a few signees that are being highly recruited by 3-4 other top programs and we win out. And that's why I exclude the hypothetical kid from Alabama that Alabama is on. We need the hypothetical kid from Southeast Kansas that Florida State, Ohio State, and Geirgua are recruiting hard. My point is that we need to, at least a handful if times per year, beat those schools for players. And not someone they cooled on or filled up. A head to head win when the coach makes an in home the day before signing day. And I know this won't be the whole class. But it needs to happen a few times every year.   

All I can say is "be patient." It is getting better, actually. Razor did a good job listing the sought after recruits. If you go back one more year, you have more sought after guys. CBB is going after studs that are known. But he is also going after the "freaks" like Cantrell that are not widely known. I understand what you are saying, but to look at what these coaches are doing, one should be encouraged. Heck, 2012 CBB had less than 2 months to sign a class. Good grief, it is hard to do ANYTHING with that timeframe. Then he had to coach the team with what little time they were allowed to spend together in 2013. The coach and the team have not really had a fair shake to attract the Malachi Dupres of the recruiting world.

Uncommon

Top 3 right now for him is Arkansas, Florida, and Miami.

pondwater jack

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

ARtillahog

Quote from: pondwater jack on June 25, 2014, 07:02:22 am
This would be a HUGE Get!

Any inklings of a tingle in your lower extremeties?

secneahog

One of the best juco guys out there.

pondwater jack

Quote from: ARtillahog on June 25, 2014, 07:21:57 am
Any inklings of a tingle in your lower extremeties?
nothing since ogrady which may mean the running back has to develop some mire
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...

secneahog

Come on Ledbetter call those Hogs!!!

lumphog

Any news on his visit ??? saw a tweet earlier by Otis hinting at good news or fit or something

redeye

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on June 24, 2014, 03:26:16 am
Oh, and by the way, I was not referring to J. Bell. I was actually referring to a player from Memphis that everyone was saying we should offer last year. I realized after I posted that the previous post had Louisville and I put C-USA.

I completely agree with everything you said.  I'm not sure who the player from Memphis was, but I know we've signed our share of 4* recruits no one else wanted, only to later find out way.  I always thought there was an alarming number of such players under Nutt, and some turned out okay, while some did not.

And I understand you weren't referring to Bell, but to be clear, I don't think he falls in that group at all.  Every year we seem to have a player like Bell who's rated high and commits early.  I guess they shut down their recruiting after committing, so we don't hear of them receiving other offers, even though they seem like the real deal. Colton Jackson is another example.

Btw, this all reminded me of Jarvis Cooper, who I know was rated a 4* by at least one service last year.  His 247 page shows that 247 lowered him from 4 to 3 stars 2 weeks before NSD and right before he committed to Memphis.  Funny how that works.

Uncommon

Quote from: lumphog on June 25, 2014, 06:09:52 pm
Any news on his visit ??? saw a tweet earlier by Otis hinting at good news or fit or something
There's strong interest.  Mom and Pop are there too.  Will be at the Catfish Hole tomorrow for lunch.

lumphog

Quote from: Uncommon on June 25, 2014, 06:58:13 pm
There's strong interest.  Mom and Pop are there too.  Will be at the Catfish Hole tomorrow for lunch.
Thanks Uncommon, would be a goodun

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: redeye on June 25, 2014, 06:55:20 pm
Btw, this all reminded me of Jarvis Cooper, who I know was rated a 4* by at least one service last year.  His 247 page shows that 247 lowered him from 4 to 3 stars 2 weeks before NSD and right before he committed to Memphis.  Funny how that works.

yep.

And I'm going to trust these coaches until they give me a reason not to. CBB is having to look under every rock for the players he wants to get this thing started. Once we are winning again, things will be easier.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: lumphog on June 25, 2014, 06:09:52 pm

Subscriber bait.

Mike_e

Not to be a downer or anything but does his having played in a three-four hurt us?
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

secneahog

Quote from: Mike_e on June 25, 2014, 09:20:33 pm
Not to be a downer or anything but does his having played in a three-four hurt us?

I don't think so. He played De and DT in juco. He can convert easily. He came for a unofficial and now official.  I think if it was a issue he wouldn't have came back. 

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

secneahog

Ledbetter getting the royal treatment says 24.7. 

He is having dinner tonight at Bielema house with Pittman and Segrest. 

Hawg_Thai'd

Ok, since Ledbetter is on his OV, I would like to know what the dates are for JC guys as to when they can begin their OVs. Also, do the same "rules" apply to JC guys as they do HS guys?

pondwater jack

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: pondwater jack on June 26, 2014, 10:03:26 am
yep...HUGE get

What's your feelin' about this one, Jack? You think he wants to come play on the Hill?

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on June 26, 2014, 10:10:20 am
What's your feelin' about this one, Jack? You think he wants to come play on the Hill?

not jack, but this one is big time.

woo pig.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

SemperFi

We need PWJ's gout to flare back up!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on June 26, 2014, 10:13:50 am
not jack, but this one is big time.

woo pig.

I think there is a good chance he wants to come play for us. It could be hard convincing NOT to go to FL, but I think our coaching staff may just be able to pull it off.

secneahog

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on June 26, 2014, 10:17:38 am
I think there is a good chance he wants to come play for us. It could be hard convincing NOT to go to FL, but I think our coaching staff may just be able to pull it off.

Dinner with BB...Pittman. ..Segrest...they will pull it off

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: secneahog on June 26, 2014, 10:51:41 am
Dinner with BB...Pittman. ..Segrest...they will pull it off

Dang that's a helluva lineup, huh?

pondwater jack

Well I'll sum it up for you in a couple of words.....BIGTIME GET!

that is it in a nutshell.  The size of this get is BIG!  Really big!

Big Get if it happens!

ARtillahog

Quote from: pondwater jack on June 26, 2014, 11:36:39 am

Big Get if it happens!

This coupled with the other "Big Get" ramblings today, I'd say PWJ is trying to tell us something.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: ARtillahog on June 26, 2014, 12:38:39 pm
This coupled with the other "Big Get" ramblings today, I'd say PWJ is trying to tell us something.

Trying Tell us something Big time.

Woo pig.

three hog night

We have a number of good Florida players on the team now that can tell Ledbetter how comfortable it is here.  Compared to South Florida it is a stark contrast, but maybe not as distinct versus Orlando area he lived in.   

We are the new alternative for Florida kids that want out.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

RyeHogFan

Quote from: three hog night on June 27, 2014, 07:53:12 am
We have a number of good Florida players on the team now that can tell Ledbetter how comfortable it is here.  Compared to South Florida it is a stark contrast, but maybe not as distinct versus Orlando area he lived in.   

We are the new alternative for Florida kids that want out.

I fully agree. If this kid had no problems going to Kansas for two years, then he'll have no problem going to NWA. I'm not sure how parallel NWA is with Central Florida culture-wise, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot closer than central Kansas is.

MP24

Big Get if it happens!

What is the difference between a Big Get and a Huge Get? How is you foot feeling today?
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

ARtillahog

Big Get if it happens!

Jack, don't take this the wrong way but I hope you're hobbling all summer.  I'm sure a few of us could "pony-up" enough money for a rascal for you.