Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do you compare Korliss Marshall to?

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, June 23, 2014, 05:43:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jusgtohogs

Quote from: ricepig on June 23, 2014, 05:54:41 pm
Korliss Marshall.

My thoughts exactly.  What's wrong with being the best "Korliss Marshall" he can be?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Ethan2010 on June 24, 2014, 07:58:12 am
A mix of kain whitehurst and vin ascolese. 

You remind me of a mix between my cousin Jon and my brother Wade... I want to kick the shat out of you now...  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Theolesnort

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 23, 2014, 05:59:04 pm
I agree. He hasn't spent enough time on the field in any one position as of yet to be compared to anyone other than himself. Ask again in December.
Zackly, he has a lot to yet prove if he is even reliable to load his shoulders down when we are up against it. It would be really nice if he passes the test.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Theolesnort

Quote from: kingofdequeen on June 24, 2014, 02:09:07 pm
is he as good as Kane Whitehurst?
No one was as good as Kane Whitehurst..............well his recruiting film...............not even Kane Whitehurst.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

root_hawg

ricepig

Quote from: Theolesnort on June 25, 2014, 06:29:41 pm
No one was as good as Kane Whitehurst..............well his recruiting film...............not even Kane Whitehurst.

One of the best highlight films in Hogville lore....

redeye

Didn't read this thread, but Madre Hill is who he's reminded me of the most, so far.

zane

Marshall is fast

But not quite Tanner English fast
RIP LSUfan

DallasHogFan

Tough to compare him to humans. I'd say he has some traits of a bear/deer/great white shark.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

PorkRinds

Quote from: DallasHogFan on June 25, 2014, 08:21:50 pm
Tough to compare him to humans. I'd say he has some traits of a bear/deer/great white shark.

More like a cross between a cheetah and a gazelle.

Jamie Jones

I'd compare him to Altee Tennpenny. About the same size...but Korliss wasn't rated no. 1 coming out of Arkansas high schools, Korliss only appeared in 8 games, opposed to AT's 13, Korliss did manage to outrun AT by 58 yards (89 to 147) though. Tough question, but at this point, I'd say between the two, the comparison that I have in mind leads me to believe we got the better back.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

knowholesbarred

Joe Adams as in potential game changer every time he touches the ball

acey33

Quote from: whosiskid on June 24, 2014, 01:22:01 am
I was one of the first on the Recruiting Board who was pushing hard for him to get an offer (not that anyone on the hill listened to me at all) and then when he got an offer to play running back rather than safety. I don't know what he'll do in the regular season, but a lot of people who watched him every day this spring claim he was as impressive as any back during that period. And we all know what he did in the Red-White game. I suspect he'll have a lot of success as a change-of-pace back. He is a lot faster than either JWill or Alex, and after each of those guys have had ten carries, you put in someone as fast as Korliss and he can be an absolute shock to the other team. I don't know who he reminds me of, but I do think he has a very good chance at 500 to 900 yards. Pretty big spread there, but we don't know how many carries he will get. I do think he'll have a robust yards per carry.

But I want to praise the guy for something else: taking one for the team. He is well known that he wants to play safety, partly for playing time and partly because he would give him a better shot at the NFL. As it is, once he becomes a junior it will be too late for him to switch to safety. He may have zero chance of playing safety in the NFL regardless, but whatever chance he had he gave up to play running back. Personally, I think he is a natural at running back. He has great instincts and vision, and exceptional speed. But still, he is playing a position now that means he won't have a shot at the NFL unless he turns out to be a whole lot better than I hope. I don't see him as a possession back and I can't see him getting 20 carries in a game. I could easily see him getting an average, say, of 8 carries a game for a 7 yard average, which would put him in the range I predicted. He might get more carries than that if he proves effective. Remember that Montee Ball got around 990 yards his freshman year for the THIRD highest total on the Badgers. So Bielema has shown a willingness to give a lot of carries to a back even when he has two other thousand yard rushers.

But I think Korliss could give us a great trio of backs. And while JWill and Alex are pretty similar, Korliss is very different from either of those two. I do think Korliss will have more fifty yard runs than either of the other two. But I also expect him to be less effective in short yardage situations. I am very happy with the three of them.

Two other things that bodes well for all three having good years are the tremendous upgrade at wide receiver and the big improvement in the offensive line. I think the starting five linemen will be much better, except at center, but the second string and even third string will be greatly improved. We'll be able to rotate fresh guys in throughout the game. And I think Allen will be better. Most of last season he seemed to me to have limited range of movement in the arm. And if he gets hurt, I'm a lot more comfortable with Austin Allen and Rafe Peavey coming in than Derby. Though even Derby looks like he'll make a significant contribution to the team at TE. Love guys who are willing to do whatever it takes to help the team.

All I can say to that is George Wilson...who played offense in college and made the switch to defense in the NFL and has made a career @ playing safety. I know it doesn't happen a lot but there is a chance...He's a talented player regardless...WPS

TDHawgs

He's what happens when you mix Matt Jones, DMac, Felix Jones, Peyton Hillis, and Barry Foster together.  He's that good!!!

But on a serious note; we won't know until we get to see more out of him this year.  :razorback:

razorbackkid

I haven't seen Boobie  Miles  mentioned yet.    :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

SPAL

If Jesus Shuttlesworth, Uncle Rico, and Chuck Norris could somehow mix DNA and have a child....He might be 10-12% as good as ole Korliss

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

chitwnhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 27, 2014, 02:33:23 pm
If Jesus Shuttlesworth, Uncle Rico, and Chuck Norris could somehow mix DNA and have a child....He might be 10-12% as good as ole Korliss

Amazing proper Hogville answer.  +1

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Huds_HawgTide

Cedric Cobbs freshman yr in the cotton bowl vs texas...that's who Marshall reminds me of. Effort Cobbs got hurt
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

HatfieldEra

Different body type, but his footwork and style reminds me of Gary Anderson.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SWarkansasman

He hasn`t played enough , so he does`t compare to anyone at this point