Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen More Confident After IMG Experience

Started by Mike Irwin, June 22, 2014, 06:38:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRyan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 02, 2014, 12:12:46 pm
Designed, or executed. You can't know from watching.

True, but there is no reason to run two go routes on the same side of the field when they are your only two options.  We cut the field in half for the defense.  Herndon should be running a deep post to the other hash. 

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRyan on July 02, 2014, 01:02:45 pm
True, but there is no reason to run two go routes on the same side of the field when they are your only two options.  We cut the field in half for the defense.  Herndon should be running a deep post to the other hash. 

All is well. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogville38

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 24, 2014, 07:54:48 am
For crying out loud! The problems were 1) limited practice time = some simplified plays, and 2) inadequate personnel at receiver, when the Hogs put 3+ receivers on the field. You don't really have a lot of options when most of them can't get open. You knew where the football was going, because one open receiver was the best they could do. You can't look off and go somewhere else when there's nowhere else to go.

I went back through a few games. Arkansas could not get anybody open underneath. BA did not have enough high-% chances. Sometimes, it seemed like BA did not trust his arm to be able to fire the ball into tight quarters underneath. He didn't avoid tight coverage on longer throws, but maybe he was gunshy of the pick six. I can understand. Nobody could get separation. Fly/streak passing game. Yack.

I'm sure Bret Bielema assumed Bobby Petrino had those receivers on the roster for a reason. What a surprise.
Really? Why does it not suprise me that you would go the Bobby route? Petrino was a damn good coach. Say what you want about his personal life but you damn idiots trying to down play his ability to coach is just plain ridiculous. Bobby brought a lot of money and success to this program.  We don't know what Bobby could have done with the recievers but you can bet your arse if he was still here BA would be 10 times the QB.

lefty08

Quote from: hogville38 on July 08, 2014, 07:11:20 pm
Really? Why does it not suprise me that you would go the Bobby route? Petrino was a damn good coach. Say what you want about his personal life but you damn idiots trying to down play his ability to coach is just plain ridiculous. Bobby brought a lot of money and success to this program.  We don't know what Bobby could have done with the recievers but you can bet your arse if he was still here BA would be 10 times the QB.

he did bring a lot of success here for 2 seasons, followed by a flame out of epic proportions which set this program back to 1997 type proportions. Get over him, hes not our coach and i wish he never was. now back to the actual thread topic.......BA should be much improved this year, get behind our QB or get the hell outta the way
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

LZH

I'd never run a player down, saying he isn't any good or any of that.  If I didn't think much of him, I'd just say very little or nothing at all.  But as for BA, I'm not giving up on him, not at all...just the opposite.  I still think he's got more than enough talent to win at this level and the only way he's gonna get over that snakebite that he had last year is to get out there and mix it up.  I think a little success will go a long, long way with this guy.

lefty08

Quote from: LZH on July 08, 2014, 07:23:55 pm
I'd never run a player down, saying he isn't any good or any of that.  If I didn't think much of him, I'd just say very little or nothing at all.  But as for BA, I'm not giving up on him, not at all...just the opposite.  I still think he's got more than enough talent to win at this level and the only way he's gonna get over that snakebite that he had last year is to get out there and mix it up.  I think a little success will go a long, long way with this guy.

welcome back Led!!!!
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LZH on July 08, 2014, 07:23:55 pm

And he had increasing levels of success the last three games of last year. I hope that he starts off and finishes the 2014 season as he played vs. LSU last year.
Go Hogs Go!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on June 24, 2014, 09:12:43 am

So basically you are telling me that when the ball is snapped and his head follows the receiver all the way until when he throws the ball that I am wrong about staring down the receiver?

Believe what he is telling you, (bottom line)......is that either you are wrong, or Jim Chaney is wrong.  Mr. Chaney would probably have far more facts & knowledge about the design & options of our passing game & offense.... than most of us here.

There were evidently multiple problems with the passing game last year. I do remember one of the problems that was noted in last years offense.  Multiple coaches commented on the fact that too often..... receivers did not run the correct routes for the play called.  When the QB is not confident where his receivers are going to be.....you can count on confusion, lower pass competition's & higher interception rates.  Hope everybody can get on the same page this year & improve the passing game....which will in turn help the running game.  :razorback:
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

tophawg19

my problem is whose fault is it that the receivers were allowed to run bad routes ? And BA was locking on to 1 receiver . That is why the DB'S were able to jump the ball so often. That was a very poorly run offense , a good portion of which goes to the coaching . To often there was a lack of attention to details . This is one of BP'S strong suits and hopefully it will be Chaney's since they trained under similar coaches. Coaches should never tolerate lazy half hearted  routes . That usually comes from WR'S lacking faith in the system, QB, play calling , coaches or some form of all of these. I still believe in Chaney and his offense and think it's going to be a suprise for everyone by year 3. Especially the CBP fans who are going to like where Chaney has us going
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PonderinHog

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on July 09, 2014, 03:52:43 pm
Believe what he is telling you, (bottom line)......is that either you are wrong, or Jim Chaney is wrong.  Mr. Chaney would probably have far more facts & knowledge about the design & options of our passing game & offense.... than most of us here.

There were evidently multiple problems with the passing game last year. I do remember one of the problems that was noted in last years offense.  Multiple coaches commented on the fact that too often..... receivers did not run the correct routes for the play called.  When the QB is not confident where his receivers are going to be.....you can count on confusion, lower pass competition's & higher interception rates.  Hope everybody can get on the same page this year & improve the passing game....which will in turn help the running game.  :razorback:
Here's one more thing you can count on.  If the QB can't count on the receiver to run the correct route, he might have to lock in on him if he has no idea where he's going and no other options.

tophawg19

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 09, 2014, 04:09:58 pm
Here's one more thing you can count on.  If the QB can't count on the receiver to run the correct route, he might have to lock in on him if he has no idea where he's going and no other options.
some truth to that too but not all of our receivers run bad routes . I think a big part of the problem is getting all the players to buy into the system and build trust. A qb should be able to throw to a spot before the WR makes a break. How ever the receiver can't be reaching all around him trying to catch poorly thrown balls either . Year 2 should see the end of many of these issues .

PonderinHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 09, 2014, 04:16:22 pm
some truth to that too but not all of our receivers run bad routes . I think a big part of the problem is getting all the players to buy into the system and build trust. A qb should be able to throw to a spot before the WR makes a break. How ever the receiver can't be reaching all around him trying to catch poorly thrown balls either . Year 2 should see the end of many of these issues .
I'm expecting good things from BA this year.  I think his performance will be a pleasant surprise.

tophawg19

I  really do too . I think this team is going to shock a bunch of people . I think there is a lot more firepower than most think . And i believe we can stretch the field much better this season

LZH

I would much prefer to have a dedicated QB coach.  That has concerned me from day one.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on July 09, 2014, 04:40:26 pm
I would much prefer to have a dedicated QB coach.  That has concerned me from day one.

All our coaches seem really dedicated!

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 09, 2014, 04:42:34 pm
All our coaches seem really dedicated!

I admit, I did walk right into that one.........

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 09, 2014, 04:06:58 pm
my problem is whose fault is it that the receivers were allowed to run bad routes ?

They were not allowed. They just did it. And quit with the "one receiver" crap already. Tired of debunking that. You do not understand what you are watching.
[CENSORED]!

GuvHog

Quote from: lefty08 on July 08, 2014, 07:19:58 pm

he did bring a lot of success here for 2 seasons, followed by a flame out of epic proportions which set this program back to 1997 type proportions. Get over him, hes not our coach and i wish he never was. now back to the actual thread topic.......BA should be much improved this year, get behind our QB or get the hell outta the way

Earth to Lefty: I don't have to get over Bobby Petrino to like CBB. CBB is a fine coach and will do a good job as Hog HC. Bobby accomplished something at Arkansas that hadn't been done in over 50 years and he deserves the right to be recognized for it so there's no need to be a butt hole to people who want to recognize that. CBB has the chance to also do something that hasn't been done at the U of A in 50 years and that's win a National Championship in football. I would be thrilled beyond belief he he pulls that  off.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: GuvHog on July 10, 2014, 03:50:30 pm
Earth to Lefty: I don't have to get over Bobby Petrino to like CBB. CBB is a fine coach and will do a good job as Hog HC. Bobby accomplished something at Arkansas that hadn't been done in over 50 years and he deserves the right to be recognized for it so there's no need to be a butt hole to people who want to recognize that. CBB has the chance to also do something that hasn't been done at the U of A in 50 years and that's win a National Championship in football. I would be thrilled beyond belief he he pulls that  off.
What did BP do that hadn't been done in 50 years?
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

LZH

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 10, 2014, 04:19:31 pm
FIFTY YEARS! FIFTY!

As much as I despise that man, I still squirm whenver I think of that video.  That was a once-in-a-generation embarrassment.

lefty08

Quote from: GuvHog on July 10, 2014, 03:50:30 pm

agreed Guv, i was a huge fan of his until he crapped on our program. wrong thread to post that trash however, stay on topic

HawgTide

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on July 10, 2014, 04:18:02 pm

I don't even think Guv is gonna touch this one

jcworm

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 09, 2014, 04:16:22 pm
One thing to consider is a QB needs lots of reps with his WRs so he can get the timing down to throw to a spot and know the WR will be on the spot. BA had the worst thing possible happen when his injury limited to only throwing once a week.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 22, 2014, 09:47:49 pm
as a human being, a student and generally all around good guy, I agree 100%...but so is my 12 year old grandson....one hopes Brandon can finally get it together with his on the field play....thus far, he's had some legitimate excuses, but this year, as far as playing QB at the UA, it is time to either use the bathroom or get off the commode...right now, with his experience, I am pulling for Brandon's light bulb hitting the 'on' button because he's been out there before...I await with an open mind for the season to begin

I agree it is fish or cut bait time Brandon.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: HawgTide on July 10, 2014, 06:20:38 pm
I don't even think Guv is gonna touch this one

This is a clue to Guv's mind. He confused Petrino with Nutt. Serious short-circuits in that brain.
[CENSORED]!

GuvHog

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on July 10, 2014, 04:18:02 pm

He took a program with the cupboard nearly bare in terms of returning talent and turned it into a program that finished #5 in the nation just 4 years later. The last Hog football coach to Achieve that was Frank Broyles.

GuvHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 11, 2014, 04:41:19 pm
This is a clue to Guv's mind. He confused Petrino with Nutt. Serious short-circuits in that brain.

It's impossible to confuse a guy that was a blithering idiot (Hooty) with a football coach that was one of the best in Hog history (Petrino).

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: GuvHog on July 11, 2014, 04:51:52 pm
It's impossible to confuse a guy that was a blithering idiot (Hooty) with a football coach that was one of the best in Hog history (Petrino).

Soooo...FIFTY YEARS! FIFTY! Who said that?
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

BTW if anyone's wondering, 50 years before Petrino = the first four years of Frank Broyles's head coaching tenure at Arkansas.

Broyles went 4-6 then 9-2, 8-3, and 8-3.

Not sure what hadn't happened in 50 years. Going to a bowl one season after a bad season? Arkansas went 11-1 in 1977 with Holtz, 5-5-1 in Broyles's finale. Went 7-4-1 in Hatfield's first, after Holtz exited on 6-5 and no bowl. Went 9-3 in Nutt's first after 4-7 with Ford.

And special honors go to Jack Crowe, 3-8 in 1990, 6-6 and a bowl game in 1991.
[CENSORED]!

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 11, 2014, 05:05:19 pm
BTW if anyone's wondering, 50 years before Petrino = the first four years of Frank Broyles's head coaching tenure at Arkansas.

Broyles went 4-6 then 9-2, 8-3, and 8-3.

Not sure what hadn't happened in 50 years. Going to a bowl one season after a bad season? Arkansas went 11-1 in 1977 with Holtz, 5-5-1 in Broyles's finale. Went 7-4-1 in Hatfield's first, after Holtz exited on 6-5 and no bowl. Went 9-3 in Nutt's first after 4-7 with Ford.

And special honors go to Jack Crowe, 3-8 in 1990, 6-6 and a bowl game in 1991.
And 0-1 in '92.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: GuvHog on July 11, 2014, 04:48:58 pm
He took a program with the cupboard nearly bare in terms of returning talent and turned it into a program that finished #5 in the nation just 4 years later. The last Hog football coach to Achieve that was Frank Broyles.
It isn't like we sucked for the entire 50 years in between. 

Also, I'd point out that the obvious flaw in using that #5 final ranking is that we weren't the 5th best team in the country; we just won our bowl and passed bcs teams that lost.  Keep in mind that we were #3 in the SEC-West also.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience