Started by davril98, June 22, 2014, 08:40:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

davril98

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: davril98 on June 22, 2014, 08:40:37 am
Rivals  18
Scout. 17
247. 20

Usually our best score/rank is with 247, it seems. We are doing ok. Just 10 guys and if we added Hill and Will it would jump us up a little more. Coaches doing good. Ready to see how the D coaches close it out this year.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Steef

This follows a 3-9 season.

They're doing great!

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: steefhog on June 22, 2014, 09:57:31 am

They're doing great!

Well, I don't want to sound cocky or count my chickens....but yeah, all things considered, these coaches are doing a fabulous job.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

OnTheHillHogFan

Our average on 247 would put us around 10 if you just look at the average rating of the players each school has committed.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

imtad16

Quote from: steefhog on June 22, 2014, 09:57:31 am

They're doing great!

Yeah that is pretty crazy. If this staff can recruit on par or even a little better than we ever have at Arkansas, off 3-9 and 0-8, imagine what is going to happen with the help of momentum from a winning record? I can't wait!

Bubba's Bruisers

It will be phenomenal if we're able to maintain a top 20 thru NSD.  We'll be very good if we can recruit top 25 every year.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

redeye

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on June 22, 2014, 11:39:20 am
Our average on 247 would put us around 10 if you just look at the average rating of the players each school has committed.

That's what I think is most important, because I don't really care how well they think we've filled our needs.

ZERO

According to 247, Texas(10) and USC( 8 ) are the only two schools with 10 or fewer commitments that are ranked higher than us. According to Rivals, it's Nebraska(10) and USC( 8 ). According to Scout, it's Texas(10), Michigan( 8 ), and USC (8 ). We're holding our own really well, we just need to keep peppering the class with a few more high ranked studs like Gragg.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

PorkRinds

Anyone else notice Charlie Partridge doing work at FAU? 

bruisemeister

I hate to be a party pooper but where do they rank in the SEC? The SEC West? Thats the problem with the Hogs. They may finish top 20 nationally but finish in the lower division in the SEC and even the SEC West. The conference is that tough.

redeye

Quote from: bruisemeister on June 23, 2014, 02:15:14 am
I hate to be a party pooper but where do they rank in the SEC? The SEC West? Thats the problem with the Hogs. They may finish top 20 nationally but finish in the lower division in the SEC and even the SEC West. The conference is that tough.

In average recruit rating, we're currently in 7th place in 247's composite (6th using 247's ratings.)  That's very good.

Yea, it's very tough to compete against other SEC teams, when they're surrounded with far more great recruits and 70% of the 247 top-10 are SEC teams.  We could sign our best class in modern history and still finish in the lower half of the SEC.  All we can hope for is to do our best.

I will say, however, that outside of Alabama, there's not a lot of difference between Arkansas and everyone else.  I mean, Alabama has 2.6 points on #2 Texas A&M, while A&M only has 2.68 points on Arkansas.  In 247's own ratings, it's even closer (#2 A&M has a 1.12 point lead on us.)  I only hope we can miraculously keep up this pace.

WBC Hog

Quote from: redeye on June 23, 2014, 02:58:16 am
I only hope we can miraculously keep up this pace.

I think we can. Think about it this way: our best recruiter, Pittman, has at least a couple more guys to sign and he only brings in the best. Also, Jennings is on a couple of legit talents in Haughton and Marcus Walker. And we can't forget the remaining in-state guys to factor in, right?  ;)

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: WBC Hog on June 23, 2014, 12:52:13 pm
I think we can. Think about it this way: our best recruiter, Pittman, has at least a couple more guys to sign and he only brings in the best. Also, Jennings is on a couple of legit talents in Haughton and Marcus Walker. And we can't forget the remaining in-state guys to factor in, right?  ;)

Then you have the under viewed or overlooked that Randy Shannon has thrown in his lap by Miami HS coaches...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

redeye

Quote from: WBC Hog on June 23, 2014, 12:52:13 pm

Yea, I think we can, also.

Uncommon

Our current recruiting situation is ranked 11th in the SEC - http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/recruiting/sec-best-recruiting-schools-2014/

So to me, here's how I would view our ranking in recruiting when comparing SEC classes for the 2015 recruiting cycle (National rankings are where SEC teams were last season according to 24/7):
1st in the SEC, 1st nationally              Outstanding
2nd in the SEC, 2nd nationally            Outstanding
3rd in the SEC, 3rd-5th nationally       Outstanding
4th in the SEC, 6th nationally              Outstanding
5th in the SEC, 7th nationally              Outstanding
6th in the SEC, 8th nationally              Outstanding
7th in the SEC, 9th nationally               Excellent
8th in the SEC, 10th-15th nationally     Very Good
9th in the SEC, 16th nationally             Good
10th in the SEC, 17th-22nd nationally   Above Average
11th in the SEC, 23rd-30th nationally    Average
12th in the SEC, 31st-35th nationally    Below Average
13th in the SEC, 36th-39th nationally    Bad
14th in the SEC, 40th-46th nationally    Very Bad

So right now, according to 24/7 rankings, I'd put our current class between good and above average.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Uncommon on June 23, 2014, 03:24:30 pm
Our current recruiting situation is ranked 11th in the SEC - http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/recruiting/sec-best-recruiting-schools-2014/

So to me, here's how I would view our ranking in recruiting when comparing SEC classes for the 2015 recruiting cycle (National rankings are where SEC teams were last season according to 24/7):
1st in the SEC, 1st nationally              Outstanding
2nd in the SEC, 2nd nationally            Outstanding
3rd in the SEC, 3rd-5th nationally       Outstanding
4th in the SEC, 6th nationally              Outstanding
5th in the SEC, 7th nationally              Outstanding
6th in the SEC, 8th nationally              Outstanding
7th in the SEC, 9th nationally               Excellent
8th in the SEC, 10th-15th nationally     Very Good
9th in the SEC, 16th nationally             Good
10th in the SEC, 17th-22nd nationally   Above Average
11th in the SEC, 23rd-30th nationally    Average
12th in the SEC, 31st-35th nationally    Below Average
13th in the SEC, 36th-39th nationally    Bad
14th in the SEC, 40th-46th nationally    Very Bad

So right now, according to 24/7 rankings, I'd put our current class between good and above average.

Long way to go.  Just have to maintain it.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ZERO

Quote from: Uncommon on June 23, 2014, 03:24:30 pm

Oddly enough, 247 is the harshest on us at the moment. They usually rate us the best. They have us at #20 and Scout has us at #17.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."