Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle.

Started by secneahog, June 21, 2014, 02:51:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Any posters on here live there and tell us some information on Parker Witt?..

He played well at the camp I'm hearing. 

Anyone at the camp notice him?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Peter Porker

Saw him. I think he may get offered. He looked the part.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

secneahog

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 21, 2014, 03:09:54 pm
Saw him. I think he may get offered. He looked the part.

Ok. What position was he working out at?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

secneahog

What position did he look the best at?..

I'm assuming his best chance at a offer would be at lb.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: secneahog on June 21, 2014, 03:43:54 pm

I think RD said FB
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

secneahog

Deep Shoat

Quote from: secneahog on June 21, 2014, 03:43:54 pm

I'll watch him this season, but unless he has made huge strides he has no chance of playing LB. 

Standard "Great White Hope" type of player.  Big enough, fast enough, but stiff and unathletic.

I'll honestly be surprised if he gets an offer.  More likely a preferred walk-on type deal.
All Gas, No Brakes!

secneahog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on June 21, 2014, 05:15:40 pm
I'll watch him this season, but unless he has made huge strides he has no chance of playing LB. 

Standard "Great White Hope" type of player.  Big enough, fast enough, but stiff and unathletic.

I'll honestly be surprised if he gets an offer.  More likely a preferred walk-on type deal.

I see. Yeah if you can keep your eye on him that would be awesome. I know on 24.7 they had a write up on him, saying he looked alot better than last camp he was at.

I watched his highlight video but it was hard to see what position he was good at because he played almost every position on the field. 

Deep Shoat

Quote from: secneahog on June 21, 2014, 05:18:43 pm
I see. Yeah if you can keep your eye on him that would be awesome. I know on 24.7 they had a write up on him, saying he looked alot better than last camp he was at.

I watched his highlight video but it was hard to see what position he was good at because he played almost every position on the field.
The competition he plays against means it is all but impossible to judge based on game film anyway.

I hope he did step it up at camp and is WORTHY of an offer.  From what I have seen so far, he is not. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

secneahog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on June 21, 2014, 05:32:48 pm
The competition he plays against means it is all but impossible to judge based on game film anyway.

I hope he did step it up at camp and is WORTHY of an offer.  From what I have seen so far, he is not.

I gotcha.

rusvegashog

I live in Dardanelle and I've asked a few people and they all say he's a stud. Now a stud in Dardanelle is vastly different than being stud capable at the U of A. Usually it means ATU here I come. A buddy of mine is a coach w the team, so ill see what I can find out for ya.

hawgwild child

I have a buddy who works in the Dardanelle high school and he says he is vastly overrated, looks the part but is not very athletic. 

secneahog

Starting to clear up things now. Thanks guys. 

kodiakisland

Quote from: hawgwild child on June 21, 2014, 06:06:56 pm
I have a buddy who works in the Dardanelle high school and he says he is vastly overrated, looks the part but is not very athletic. 

Yeah well, I've got a couple of buddies at the school in Nashville that say almost the same thing about a certain WR there.  Hard to tell how accurate my buddies are though.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

hawgwild child

Quote from: rusvegashog on June 21, 2014, 05:46:47 pm
I live in Dardanelle and I've asked a few people and they all say he's a stud. Now a stud in Dardanelle is vastly different than being stud capable at the U of A. Usually it means ATU here I come. A buddy of mine is a coach w the team, so ill see what I can find out for ya.
Im from Danville and live in Russellville now, im hearing the same thing.  Unless your from yell co, its hard to really explain how a good athlete can be blown out of proportion around here.  Does he have any offers?

Peter Porker

I thought he looked good out there.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

What number is he? I plan on making the trip out there to watch my nephew a couple times this year. I'll take a gander at him.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

pillowhog

I saw where he ran an 11.3 100 meter at the state meet.  For a junior that weighs 220 that is pretty darn athletic

pillowhog

Quote from: kodiakisland on June 21, 2014, 07:56:21 pm
Yeah well, I've got a couple of buddies at the school in Nashville that say almost the same thing about a certain WR there.  Hard to tell how accurate my buddies are though.
That certain WR can't run an 11.3 100 meter.  And he weighs about 180

BigBen

I think he is going to be one of the guys who is victim of there being such a great in state class this year. I think most years someone like that's in state who maybe isn't an SEC ready athlete straight out of high school but is 220 and can move we normally take a chance and hope after a redshirt year he grows and settles into a position. I wish him the best but I think he ends up somewhere like ASU or Tulsa.

JIHawg

We got plenty of tight ends/full backs in the class.  Need more linebackers.

kodiakisland

Quote from: pillowhog on June 21, 2014, 09:35:46 pm
That certain WR can't run an 11.3 100 meter.  And he weighs about 180

I've never seen him play.  I've just been told by 2 people from there that they were surprised he has received the attention he has.  I guess only time will tell who is right.  My guess is he is good if Alabama is willing to offer.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

azhog10

Just thought I would throw in that I used to be his dad's neighbor back in the late 90's and early 2000's. At the time Parker was very young. Couldn't tell then if he was scholarship worthy.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: azhog10 on June 22, 2014, 03:52:09 am
Just thought I would throw in that I used to be his dad's neighbor back in the late 90's and early 2000's. At the time Parker was very young. Couldn't tell then if he was scholarship worthy.

Somewhere between 18 months and 3 yrs old is where you really start to see the talent.  You must not have been paying attention. 

azhog10

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on June 22, 2014, 08:35:03 am
Somewhere between 18 months and 3 yrs old is where you really start to see the talent.  You must not have been paying attention.
I know. He was a late bloomer. Ask around.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: pillowhog on June 21, 2014, 09:34:39 pm
I saw where he ran an 11.3 100 meter at the state meet.  For a junior that weighs 220 that is pretty darn athletic
No, it's pretty darn fast.

Fast doesn't equal athletic.
All Gas, No Brakes!

pillowhog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on June 22, 2014, 02:09:16 pm
No, it's pretty darn fast.

Fast doesn't equal athletic.
Oh really??  So is Ryan Mallett athletic?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: pillowhog on June 22, 2014, 04:15:57 pm
Oh really??  So is Ryan Mallett athletic?
No.  Ryan Mallett is a QB with a cannon for an arm.
All Gas, No Brakes!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Somebody who knows him might try to suggest he take ballet and run a long low lying balance beam. Ballet for the flexibility and balance beam for, well, balance...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.