Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charles West.

Started by secneahog, June 20, 2014, 09:54:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Running back out of Coppell Texas. Earned a offer at Arkansas camp.

Watch his video. I like this kid.

http://247sports.com/Player/Charles-West-22111
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

1highhog

I really like this kid.  Can you tell me what classification he plays in?  What is his 40 time in pads if anyone knows that info yet?  I know this by watching the video, he can sure stay on his feet, reminds me of and old tilt-o-whirl, he just keeps spinning them boys off and somehow stays on his feet and moving the pile, seen him dragging at least 3 6 yards into the end zone on one play, they couldn't completely wrap him up.  Reminds me of JWill with that never wanting to go down attitude.  I'm just wondering why he don't have more offers yet.

secneahog

Quote from: 1highhog on June 20, 2014, 10:09:50 am
I really like this kid.  Can you tell me what classification he plays in?  What is his 40 time in pads if anyone knows that info yet?  I know this by watching the video, he can sure stay on his feet, reminds me of and old tilt-o-whirl, he just keeps spinning them boys off and somehow stays on his feet and moving the pile, seen him dragging at least 3 6 yards into the end zone on one play, they couldn't completely wrap him up.  Reminds me of JWill with that never wanting to go down attitude.  I'm just wondering why he don't have more offers yet.

Saw where he ran a 4.47.   I believe coppell is in 6a.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

1highhog

Quote from: secneahog on June 20, 2014, 10:43:07 am
Saw where he ran a 4.47.   I believe coppell is in 6a.

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

RyeHogFan

Quote from: 1highhog on June 20, 2014, 10:09:50 am

I was saying the same thing about the kid the other day. He's got great speed, balance, and strength. If we get this kid out from under the Texas schools, we will truly have a steal.

secneahog

Quote from: RyeHogFan on June 20, 2014, 11:51:37 am
I was saying the same thing about the kid the other day. He's got great speed, balance, and strength. If we get this kid out from under the Texas schools, we will truly have a steal.

Wonder why the Texas schools haven't offered.
The guys video is impressive. 

His offer list reminds me of Denzell evans offer list when he came out.

lumphog

Quote from: secneahog on June 20, 2014, 09:54:16 am

Impressive, spins like a top

secneahog

Curious to see him run at 200 pounds after a redshirt year.

ImHogginIt

Impressive film considering the top notch competition.

tophawg19

oddly his ranking is trending down rapidly according to 247 who lists his power as a 5 , tackle breaking as a 5 , but really liked his speed and other parts of his game . With his offer list i would have thought he might jump at it before risking it being pulled if the HOGS had others commit . Anyone know if these are commitable offers ? or how to tell the difference . love watching spin moves but i do worry about some of the SEC defenders who have seen them before getting a clean shot on the young man. Sign him up , he brings something different and exciting to watch .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogville38

Like him the most out of all the rb we are on. Very impressive. It's obvious the kid got mad skills. Keeping fingers crossed.

Hawg_Thai'd

Is this the same school that S. Thomas went to? Not sure how many schools are in that area. Also, West has a teammate that we have offered as well. Conner Williams, OT Ht: 6-5 | Wt: 275. I don't know how hard we are pursuing Williams as I don't hear his name a whole lot, but I found it interesting. Does anyone know if it is a coinsidence that we are hitting Coppell the last couple of years or do we have a connection down there? I don't recall hearing anything last year other than Solly's sister went to UA.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

choppedporkextrasauce

If he gets in the open field he's gone. We could use that kind of speed.

secneahog

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on June 22, 2014, 05:04:49 pm
If he gets in the open field he's gone. We could use that kind of speed.

West & Williams would be a awesome duo.

imtad16

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on June 22, 2014, 10:38:48 am
Is this the same school that S. Thomas went to? Not sure how many schools are in that area. Also, West has a teammate that we have offered as well. Conner Williams, OT Ht: 6-5 | Wt: 275. I don't know how hard we are pursuing Williams as I don't hear his name a whole lot, but I found it interesting. Does anyone know if it is a coinsidence that we are hitting Coppell the last couple of years or do we have a connection down there? I don't recall hearing anything last year other than Solly's sister went to UA.

Yes, it's the same school as Solomon Thomas. Coppell is a well to do Suberb 30 to 40 mins NW of downtown Dallas with a great school system and a very well respected football program in DFW and throughout Texas as a whole. Coppell High School is a big high school that produces Division 1 athletes in all sports in general as well. It is just a great program to connect a pipeline to.

dumbdude479

Quote from: secneahog on June 20, 2014, 04:19:12 pm
Curious to see him run at 200 pounds after a redshirt year.
sounds like a DJ type

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: imtad16 on June 22, 2014, 09:58:40 pm
Yes, it's the same school as Solomon Thomas. Coppell is a well to do Suberb 30 to 40 mins NW of downtown Dallas with a great school system and a very well respected football program in DFW and throughout Texas as a whole. Coppell High School is a big high school that produces Division 1 athletes in all sports in general as well. It is just a great program to connect a pipeline to.

Good deal. Thanks for the info.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

jbcarol

Update on West back in the day before going the Juco Route:

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net