Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jordan Jones verbally commits to the University of Arkansas

Started by GEO-HOG, June 19, 2014, 04:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jjdlc

@ArRecruitingGuy: Arkansas offers Smackover junior Jordan Jones and he commits to the Hogs.

m.twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy

MP24

https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/479743687979565056

Richard Davenport
‏@ArRecruitingGuy   Arkansas offers Smackover junior Jordan Jones and he commits to the Hogs.

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Steef

bythelake

Don't know much about him,  how good is he? Anybody see him play?

Music City Hog

@BretBielema: Calling the Hogs.......loud and clear all the way from Smackover, Arkansas! #WoooPig

Music City Hog

Quote from: bythelake on June 19, 2014, 05:04:28 pm
Don't know much about him,  how good is he? Anybody see him play?

@DannyWest1: New Arkansas commit @jordan10jones is 6-2, 180 and ran a 4.34 at today's camp. He dominated defenders throughout the day. Good get for Hogs.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Wildhog

So glad we offered him early.  Very nice pick-up for next year.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

trashcan maN

Burned one of the better DBs at camp and followed it up with a behind the back one handed grab. Bielema just walked off the field after the catch.

He also ran a 4.34 today.

ADavisTheGOAT

He is lightning fast.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

ckhawgu

Awesome news! WPS!!!

The real Hogules

Quote from: trashcan maN on June 19, 2014, 05:08:04 pm
Burned one of the better DBs at camp and followed it up with a behind the back one handed grab. Bielema just walked off the field after the catch.

He also ran a 4.34 today.

Just out of curiosity who was the QB delivering the pass?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

whosiskid

I love this. He was already getting looks from major programs and his recruitment was just about to blow up. 6'3 AND a 4.34 forty and great hands. Great way to kick off the 2016 class.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

NATEHOGG216

I wish all instate players had that kind of love for the hogs. Wps. Congrats and welcome to the family.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

MP24

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jun/19/jones-become-hogs-first-2016-commitment/

"I'm from Arkansas, so I've always cheered for them" Jones said. "My dad is a huge Arkansas fan, so hands down that's where he's always wanted me to play. I like them a lot."

redeye

From his player of the week interview with RD a while back:

I like Arkansas because: it's my home state and I bleed red lol

MP24

Quote from: The real Hogules on June 19, 2014, 05:12:31 pm
Just out of curiosity who was the QB delivering the pass?

Several good ones there!

2016 QB Terry Wilson- Del City, Okla. - Has Arkansas State offer, 6-3, 190 range

2016 QB Kasey Ford-Bentonville- Has Louisville offer

2016 QB Brennen Wooten- Marble Falls, Texas- Clemson, Kentucky, TCU and other offers

2016 QB Skylar Thompson-Independence, Mo.

2016 QB-WR Jake Reaves- DeWitt. 6-3, 200

2016 QB Micah Wilson of Tulsa Lincoln ran a 4.75 in the 40. He's dual- threat guy the Hogs like.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jun/19/arkansas-elite-camp-updates/

redeye

According to Otis, he's the nephew of Jeff Savage.

PygmalionEffect

Nice!

I think it was RD that said the depth of in-state talent in 2016 could surpass that of 2015 which would be saying a lot.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

redeye

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on June 19, 2014, 05:37:42 pm
Nice!

I think it was RD that said the depth of in-state talent in 2016 could surpass that of 2015 which would be saying a lot.

I remember him saying that also.

ICEman

Quote from: Hogfan991 on June 19, 2014, 05:08:23 pm
He is lightning fast.
Seems like there was another athlete from Smackover who was fleet of foot. Great Scott, I can't quite remember his name.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

discombobulationist

Quote from: whosiskid on June 19, 2014, 05:15:35 pm
I love this. He was already getting looks from major programs and his recruitment was just about to blow up. 6'3 AND a 4.34 forty and great hands. Great way to kick off the 2016 class.

6'3" and a 4.34 40? Is that legal? What do you do to stop that? Julio Jones is 6'3" and ran a 4.39. AJ Green 6'4" and ran a 4.5. If he can play the position half as well as either of those two, we've got something.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

hawgmasta

This guy could be the next Greg Childs and more.

Two GREAT ARKANSAS commitments the last few days.

Rocky Mountain Living

The Best and my favorite Hog players are the in state kids that offer and commit in ONE MOVE.

CBB is the best recruiter we have had in decades.

Jordan has NFL written all over him.

He dominates on film. 10 TDs on 25 receptions.

Oahubuck

Quote from: ICEman on June 19, 2014, 06:02:27 pm
Seems like there was another athlete from Smackover who was fleet of foot. Great Scott, I can't quite remember his name.

Clyde Scott

ImHogginIt

Please tell me he makes good grades too  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

sickboy

Quote from: ImHogginIt on June 19, 2014, 06:29:14 pm
Please tell me he makes good grades too  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

If he didn't... he will now.

The_Bionic_Pig

He nearly 6'2 but not 6'3....and yes he from reports was making CB/DB's look silly! !
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

secneahog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on June 19, 2014, 07:41:15 pm
He nearly 6'2 but not 6'3....and yes he from reports was making CB/DB's look silly! !

Ok cool. Curious why RD says he's 6'3 ?.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on June 19, 2014, 07:44:32 pm
Ok cool. Curious why RD says he's 6'3 ?.

Probably because he says he is, kids/coaches fudge measurements all the time, as you well know.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on June 19, 2014, 07:41:15 pm

Fo' real bro ?  ;)

secneahog

Quote from: ricepig on June 19, 2014, 07:51:22 pm
Probably because he says he is, kids/coaches fudge measurements all the time, as you well know.

Ah ok. But you know he's not 6'3 makes sense.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

forrest city joe

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on June 19, 2014, 05:18:27 pm
I wish all instate players had that kind of love for the hogs. Wps. Congrats and welcome to the family.
+1000. i love kids like this. he wants to stay home and help his home state team build a winning program. congrats and welcome to the family young man.

Hawgzinbowlz

Two more years of physical development will change the measureables. We need this kind of talent to stretch the defense.
A Hog at heart.
72 Days and Counting...

" GO HOGS "

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on June 19, 2014, 07:57:27 pm
Ah ok. But you know he's not 6'3 makes sense.

Makes sense to who? I'm guessing the poster has seen him in person and knows 6'2" from 6'3", I know I would.

secneahog

Quote from: ricepig on June 19, 2014, 08:03:43 pm
Makes sense to who? I'm guessing the poster has seen him in person and knows 6'2" from 6'3", I know I would.

Ok. Well if it's such a given that coaches stretch the measurements. Why even mention it on a thread talking about him committing?

thebignasty

Weird how Davenport has him listed at 6'2" in his article about the commitment.  Who wants to tell him the kid is actually 6'3" because Davenport says he is 6'3'"?

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jun/19/jones-become-hogs-first-2016-commitment/

OTTER

6'2" or 6'3.  At this point, what difference does it make?!  He's a Hog!!!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

ricepig

Quote from: bpsheman on June 19, 2014, 08:09:18 pm
Weird how Davenport has him listed at 6'2" in his article about the commitment.  Who wants to tell him the kid is actually 6'3" because Davenport says he is 6'3'"?

Glad he's a Hog, all 6' 2 1/2" of him.

hoginla

Quote from: redeye on June 19, 2014, 05:36:56 pm
According to Otis, he's the nephew of Jeff Savage.

Doesn't Savage coach Smackover?
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

thebignasty

Quote from: OTTER on June 19, 2014, 08:16:19 pm
6'2" or 6'3.  At this point, what difference does it make?!  He's a Hog!!!!
No sanity alowed.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: bpsheman on June 19, 2014, 08:09:18 pm

You are dangerously close to pissing off that Irishbraveheartguy  :(

thebignasty

Quote from: ImHogginIt on June 19, 2014, 08:37:42 pm
You are dangerously close to pissing off that Irishbraveheartguy  :(
I live dangerously.

WBC Hog

WPS! Congrats to Jordan Jones! Excited to have him and to get the class of 2016 on a roll.

Who's next?  :)