Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I know it's way early in a Recruiting,

Started by 1highhog, June 19, 2014, 09:14:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

But for those of you who follow recruiting heavy, is having 9 commits at this time about where we should be?  I know while watching KARK last night and them mentioning that we already had four players in this class that were rated 4*'s was good news, but is 8-9 players about the amount to expect during this time of the year when the Hogs have yet to play a game?

JackJohnson

Quote from: 1highhog on June 19, 2014, 09:14:08 am
But for those of you who follow recruiting heavy, is having 9 commits at this time about where we should be?  I know while watching KARK last night and them mentioning that we already had four players in this class that were rated 4*'s was good news, but is 8-9 players about the amount to expect during this time of the year when the Hogs have yet to play a game?

As of June 19th of last year we had 5 commits

Peavy
Jackson
Day
Kraus
Hedlund

We didn't get another commit until mid july when we had like 6 in one day from the Sr's only camp

MH04

Quote from: 1highhog on June 19, 2014, 09:14:08 am

This time last year we had verbals from
1. B Jackson
2. R Peavey
3. J Day
4. J Kraus
5. C Hedlund

1highhog

Thanks guys.  I remember last year starting off slow, and then all of a sudden we seemed to get several really quick.  I'm always in a rush to get to commit, but then I guess it's better for them to look around and make the best decision for them.

Hawg_Thai'd

June 19, 2014, 10:23:20 am #4 Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:06:50 pm by Hawg_Thai'd
Tomhog seems to be the one who has all the lists of the commits from years past, but I did not see any dates on when they gave their verbal. 247 should have that info if you want to spend some time researching. Just filter it by the years. 
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Uncommon

Our average around this time of year for verbal commitments is 8.  So we're a tad bit ahead of where we normally are.

secneahog

I think we're doing very well at this point. There's a lot of recruits that want to see us win some games. So far at this point we are recruiting very well.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: JackJohnson on June 19, 2014, 09:22:07 am
As of June 19th of last year we had 5 commits

Peavy
Jackson
Day
Kraus
Hedlund

We didn't get another commit until mid july when we had like 6 in one day from the Sr's only camp

Very good list right there. I keep forgetting about Kraus. He will be a good TE in a couple years.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!