Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camp Updates

Started by Oklahawg, June 18, 2014, 07:54:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

I may stand alone on this, but I am impressed with the camp chatter this summer.

First, we seem to have expanded greatly what we are doing with camps. More camp experiences would seem to equal improved chances at finding players who will fit the program.

Second, we seem to be attracting a larger number of out-of-state campers. Petrino's last  year attracted a noteworthy number of OOS kids, but this year we are not coming off of a major bowl appearance and discussion about the NCG. Florida, Texas, Alabama, Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri...lots of map being represented.

Third, a strong strategy for how to use the camp experience to recruit. Storey throwing to Hill and Gragg looking on. Brilliant. Spreading out the camp days so that every elite prospect can have the red carpet rolled out.

It may not work in the end. It sure looks promising now.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Slow and steady, fellas.  Slow and steady.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Steef

1highhog

I agree Okla, right now it looks good.  This staff really works their butts off in recruiting, no one on here can argue that point.  They go after players that fit in well with our needs in our Offense and Defense, and also are not afraid to go after the top players in the nation.

BigSexyHog

Lets hope it pays off.  We are due some good news and a few breaks along the way.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

lumphog

We ARE on our way back to the TOP. I like what CBB is doing & he will win!!!

Hawgzinbowlz

The level of our campers and the relationships our coaches seem to be developing would indicate high quality camps.
We are working on '15 NSD and also '16, '17 as well. Building the comfort zone with both the recruits and their parents.
The concept of traveling camps to generate interest, in other parts of our recruiting areas, is intriguing but if we can have high quality camps, on campus, using all the limited time the coach's can devote to camps, right here in Fayetteville, then I'm not convinced we should leave campus. Seeing DWRRS, our campus, our practice facilities and the kind of people that inhabit Fayetteville/NWA is likely an eye opener for some recruits and their parents. With the unknowns some/many recruits, and their parents, may have about Arkansas it may be more advantageous to get high level recruits on campus to see what we have here vs. a traveling road show. Getting the recruits and their parents to visit The Catfish Hole is also a plus.
Our staff seems to be doing everything they can for our success on future NSDs.
73 Days and Counting...

" GO HOGS "

redeye

I really like how they've encouraged commits to participate.  That can only help to build camaraderie.