Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justin Bailey - Mayflower

Started by schmidt2301, June 18, 2014, 02:26:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

schmidt2301

ESPN just updated the 2015 ESPN 300 and Justin Bailey of Mayflower comes in at 285th. Anybody got any details on him? Was he at any of the recent camps?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/176167/justin-bailey

RazorPiggie

I looked that up and don't believe I've heard his name yet.

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Virgil

It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

The_Iceman

Could get a look in the secondary or at running back probably. Let's offer him!

redeye

He was at the camp and I believe that RD has mentioned him some.

MP24

DB Justin Bailey of Mayflower ran 4.41 in the 40 at 5-11, 197. He ran a 4.35 at the Arkansas State camp.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jun/16/arkansas-camp-day-two-updates/
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Peter Porker

This hasto be based on his 40 time at the sparq combine. The 4.39 he ran is highly questionable.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

redeye

Quote from: MP24 on June 18, 2014, 02:42:40 pm
DB Justin Bailey of Mayflower ran 4.41 in the 40 at 5-11, 197. He ran a 4.35 at the Arkansas State camp.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jun/16/arkansas-camp-day-two-updates/

I guess I missed that he was at the ASU camp, if I'm reading that right.

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on June 18, 2014, 03:04:22 pm

That's what it says.

redeye

Quote from: ricepig on June 18, 2014, 03:05:48 pm
That's what it says.

Yep, right in the middle of the Arkansas camp updates.  I just missed the part where it says "State".

MP24

Quote from: redeye on June 18, 2014, 03:04:22 pm

Richard reported his stats at AR camp and just stated his time from the State camp
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on June 18, 2014, 03:12:54 pm
Yep, right in the middle of the Arkansas camp updates.  I just missed the part where it says "State".

Fairly easy to skim over and not have it register.

ldfergu

June 18, 2014, 03:32:02 pm #14 Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 04:00:39 pm by StoneTemplePiglets
Other Arkansas kids in the ESPN 300:

#160 CJ O'Grady
#209 Will Gragg
#219 KJ Hill
#259 Jamario Bel

Note: Froholdt is at #99

scooby21322

I can't seem to find much of anything about this guy online.  Anyone know if he has any offers?  ESPN doesn't show any and I can't find him on 247. 

scooby21322

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11102363

3 minute video from ESPN detailing 6 new members to the ESPN 300.  Includes Bailey and O'Grady. 

redeye

Quote from: MP24 on June 18, 2014, 03:13:50 pm
Richard reported his stats at AR camp and just stated his time from the State camp

So I was right?    ;D

redeye

Quote from: scooby21322 on June 18, 2014, 03:43:23 pm
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11102363

3 minute video from ESPN detailing 6 new members to the ESPN 300.  Includes Bailey and O'Grady.

Very cool.

They also have Marcus Walker at 196.

I don't keep up[ with ESPN recruiting anymore and thought they were discontinuing it?  Although I think they're biased against us, they still have some good, unbiased, recruiting guys.

The_Iceman

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on June 18, 2014, 03:32:02 pm
Other Arkansas kids in the ESPN 300:

#160 CJ O'Grady
#209 Will Gragg
#219 KJ Hill
#259 Jamario Bel

Note: Froholdt is at #99

Interesting that CJ O'Grady is higher than Gragg, yet most Arkansas fans just assume Gragg is superior due to the hype.

Uncommon

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 18, 2014, 04:11:30 pm
Interesting that CJ O'Grady is higher than Gragg, yet most Arkansas fans just assume Gragg is superior due to the hype.
I think the assumption is because of all his offers.  And the offers create the hype.  So, I guess it's both the offers and the hype that creates the assumption.

However, I think they're both great and we need both of them.  I think each brings something to the table.

secneahog

He has some sick speed on his video.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

kingt

Good to see more Arkansas kids getting attention. Not bashing anyone but Ive stated before that to me there wasn't a big difference between the top 2 or 3 players in the state compared to some of the unknowns other than their offer list. The dropping of Gragg, Hill and Bell isn't suprising because the first rivals 300 is based on offers. As you can see the Arkansas players who have great measurables as well as offers were ranked high at first but now they are dropping. Now some of the unknowns without the size and offers are rising due to coaches and analysist getting more time to evaluate more prospects other than the ones that got offered bc this school or that school offered.

secneahog

Quote from: kingt on June 18, 2014, 04:52:12 pm
Good to see more Arkansas kids getting attention. Not bashing anyone but Ive stated before that to me there wasn't a big difference between the top 2 or 3 players in the state compared to some of the unknowns other than their offer list. The dropping of Gragg, Hill and Bell isn't suprising because the first rivals 300 is based on offers. As you can see the Arkansas players who have great measurables as well as offers were ranked high at first but now they are dropping. Now some of the unknowns without the size and offers are rising due to coaches and analysist getting more time to evaluate more prospects other than the ones that got offered bc this school or that school offered.

The dropping of Bell is a joke.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ckhawgu

June 18, 2014, 05:33:14 pm #24 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:14:26 pm by ckhawgu
Quote from: The_Iceman on June 18, 2014, 02:30:23 pm
The next Korliss Marshall?

Looks like KM part 2 where a RB that gets tagged as a DB... That spin move on the hudl vid was sick!  WPS!!! :razorback:

zane

RIP LSUfan

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 18, 2014, 02:30:23 pm
The next Korliss Marshall?
I don't see that break away speed of Korliss with Justin but I do see a nice back.  Against Bald Knob I did see some escapibility I love in a RB.  Again hard to say against AAA level talent.  How well would he be doing against 7A talent.  Again hard to know.

TomasPistola

Justin Bailey...

Wonder if the kid has ever played Metroid.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Hawkinsas

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 18, 2014, 02:44:52 pm
This hasto be based on his 40 time at the sparq combine. The 4.39 he ran is highly questionable.

I guess the 4.35 he ran at Arkansas St. And the 4.41 he ran in Fayetteville is highly questionable too?

kingt

Speed translates. Running back is the easiest transition to make out of all the posistions, especially if you have blazing speed. Power backs are the one's who struggle with the transition because they can't outrun SEC defenses and their power is no longer superior to the competition. Ex. Korllis Marshall, Dennis Dixon vs. Broderick Green, Dearrius Howard...

kingt

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hawkinsas on June 18, 2014, 07:08:56 pm
I guess the 4.35 he ran at Arkansas St. And the 4.41 he ran in Fayetteville is highly questionable too?

The sparq 40 is done like the nfl combine, handheld start and laser finish. Camp 40s are handheld all the way.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 18, 2014, 07:45:37 pm
The sparq 40 is done like the nfl combine, handheld start and laser finish. Camp 40s are handheld all the way.

Fast is fast, it doesn't matter what the stopwatch says. I put little if any faith in most  listed 40 times, even the laser ones can depend on surface, conditions, and athlete that day.

Peter Porker

Quote from: ricepig on June 18, 2014, 08:03:20 pm
Fast is fast, it doesn't matter what the stopwatch says. I put little if any faith in most  listed 40 times, even the laser ones can depend on surface, conditions, and athlete that day.

You're  agreeing with me.

redeye

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 18, 2014, 08:46:44 pm
You're  agreeing with me.

I think you two should just agree to agree and let it go.

Cobbler

Quote from: kingt on June 18, 2014, 07:14:40 pm
Speed translates. Running back is the easiest transition to make out of all the posistions, especially if you have blazing speed. Power backs are the one's who struggle with the transition because they can't outrun SEC defenses and their power is no longer superior to the competition. Ex. Korllis Marshall, Dennis Dixon vs. Broderick Green, Dearrius Howard...

Kenneth Dixon isn't a speed back.

kingt

Dixon is faster and quicker than Green and Howard. It's not elite but it's enough .

Hawkinsas

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 18, 2014, 07:45:37 pm

So ALL football players 40 times are highly questionable, not just Bailey's????

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hawkinsas on June 19, 2014, 04:26:39 am
So ALL football players 40 times are highly questionable, not just Bailey's????

No. I question Bailey's sparq time. I've seen him run. I don't see 4.39 laser.

jjdlc

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 19, 2014, 06:51:53 am

A lot of people questioned Matt Jones speed too, till they were trying to catch him running down the side line.  Some people's speed is deceptive.  I havent seen Bailey run, so cant say, but the fact he has 3 times from different places listed within a few hundredths of a second of each other leads me to believe its pretty close.

Peter Porker

Quote from: jjdlc on June 19, 2014, 07:42:28 am
A lot of people questioned Matt Jones speed too, till they were trying to catch him running down the side line.  Some people's speed is deceptive.  I havent seen Bailey run, so cant say, but the fact he has 3 times from different places listed within a few hundredths of a second of each other leads me to believe its pretty close.

I saw him run 100m on a track with 6 other kids. He finished 5th.

ifghog

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 19, 2014, 07:57:09 am
Man you must really not like this kid. Can you say anything good about him?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Uncommon on June 18, 2014, 04:15:42 pm
I think the assumption is because of all his offers.  And the offers create the hype.  So, I guess it's both the offers and the hype that creates the assumption.

However, I think they're both great and we need both of them.  I think each brings something to the table.

Offers from Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Ole Miss should have created equal hype for O'Grady.

Hawkinsas

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 19, 2014, 06:51:53 am
Luckily for him your opinion doesn't matter....

Peter Porker

Quote from: ifghog on June 19, 2014, 08:12:23 am

I don't know the young man and hope the best for him. If he is a Razorback  I'll be his biggest fan. I'm just reporting what i saw.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hawkinsas on June 19, 2014, 08:43:50 am
Luckily for him your opinion doesn't matter....

No one on this board has an opinion  that matters when it comes to this. Your point?

ricepig

Yeah, and you saw a kid run a 12 something, but I never saw him caught from behind on a football field. Running track and playing football are two different sports, some excel in both, others are just running. I doubt he'd run a 4.39 at Indy, but he must be pretty fast.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: ifghog on June 19, 2014, 08:12:23 am

typical american nancy these days... dude states a fact, that he saw the kid run a 100m sprint with 6 other kids and finished 5th, and you overreact and somehow think he's being a big meany... because he stated a fact.  Maybe you should go give the kid a participation trophy.

Porker simply stated he questions the 40 time because of what he saw on the track.  He was there and ACTUALLY saw him run and finish 5th.  Knowing how iffy these high-school 40 times can be, I'd question it too.  And just because he questions it doesn't mean he is against the kid, AYSM?  ifghog, do you work for CNN?

There's a reason we hadn't heard his name until this 40-time came in.  Now, maybe he gained some speed in the offseason - if so good for him!  Lots of kids mature late and gain another gear or two they didn't have the year before, couple that with hard work and training and maybe his new time is accurate.  Again, good for this kid!  Hope he keeps up the hard work and proves that his time is accurate.  That said, at this point I can definitely understand Porkers skepticism.  At least he has some evidence to back it up.

Are we not allowed to be skeptical anymore?  All rainbows and pots of gold in here now huh

BigD94

You must not have seen the 3A state championships then, because he won that.
WOO PIG!

Peter Porker

Quote from: BigD94 on June 19, 2014, 09:42:03 am
You must not have seen the 3A state championships then, because he won that.

I did not. I saw him racing 5A, 6A, and 7A kids at Heber Springs.