Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 17, 2014, 12:26:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Love that news on Cantrell. Hope he doesn't get tempted to flip somewhere else.

Hawgzinbowlz

It sounds like the coach's are doing everything they can to land K.J. and Will.

Cantrell sounds like he may exceed "a diamond in the rough". As described, not rough at all. Good recruiting work by the staff.

DT-FB Kenyon Jackson, 5-11, 265 of Little Rock Parkview has the size, if he has the agility and speed, to open holes at FB.

74 Days and Counting...

" GO HOGS "

BigBen

Is there any talk of Cantrell also getting some snaps at DE? From the way everyone talks of him it sounds like he could be a beast of a pash rusher.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: BigBen on June 17, 2014, 01:16:09 pm
Is there any talk of Cantrell also getting some snaps at DE? From the way everyone talks of him it sounds like he could be a beast of a pash rusher.

I could see that but they like him at TE. His speed and quickness off the edge would be tough to handle.

ckhawgu

So how many offers have gone out to kids that have attended these camps so far? I think I've only seen one mentioned currently made to RB Charles West, correct?

Hoggy

Cantrell is a total freak.  My goodness Storey looks like he's 30 years old.  My only concern with him is if he has much upside.  Been fully mature for a few years now

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: ckhawgu on June 17, 2014, 01:30:21 pm
So how many offers have gone out to kids that have attended these camps so far? I think I've only seen one mentioned currently made to RB Charles West, correct?

Yes. I think Sprinkle will get one at some point.

ckhawgu

zane

Thanks for the updates RD

Really like Cantrell

As somebody that's seen him up close, any way you could give comparisons to Hunter Henry as far as speed, athleticism, and hands?

Thanks again RD!
RIP LSUfan

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 17, 2014, 12:26:24 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jun/17/arkansas-camp-day-three-updates/

So, based on that picture of Ty Storey he's like what? 28? ;) Looks like a grown man to me and he is just entering his Sr. season in HS?
Go Hogs Go!

hawgwash

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 17, 2014, 03:51:25 pm
So, based on that picture of Ty Storey he's like what? 28? ;) Looks like a grown man to me and he is just entering his Sr. season in HS?
Actually, based on the caption that picture is almost a year old, before he entered his JUNIOR year in HS.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Hoggy on June 17, 2014, 01:30:42 pm

Cantrell is a total freak.  My goodness Storey looks like he's 30 years old.  My only concern with him is if he has much upside.  Been fully mature for a few years now

Huh?   Storey may not have much upside?  Wonder why Alabama & other top schools & coaches were/are interested then?   Are you trying to say Storey is already past his prime or something??  Never heard of any coach being concerned about a HS athlete they are recruiting..."as being fully mature", & that would be a problem?  Always thought that would be considered a plus?   Very Puzzling.....

Well, hope you don't have any input with our coaching staff.....we could be in real trouble
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

secneahog

Storey looks like a grown man and he's still in HS.

I don't see Cantrell going anywhere.  OU tried but he stayed committed. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Also...I hope we land WALKER bad!!

We need a stud south Florida safety .....like BAD
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

WBC Hog

Quote from: secneahog on June 18, 2014, 03:37:09 pm
Also...I hope we land WALKER bad!!

You and me both man. This guy is one of my personal favorites of this class.

secneahog

Quote from: WBC Hog on June 18, 2014, 04:20:32 pm
You and me both man. This guy is one of my personal favorites of this class.

That would have Coley and Walker in the back. I like it.
We need to close on guys like this.

WBC Hog

Quote from: secneahog on June 18, 2014, 04:23:00 pm
That would have Coley and Walker in the back. I like it.
We need to close on guys like this.

I'm beginning to have an ever better feeling about this class. I keep getting a really good feeling about KJ Hill and Will Gragg. Add Marcus Walker, Charles West & Rawleigh Williams III and that will make up a SOLID class. I'm thinking top 15.  :razorback: