Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

World Cup Brazil(USA ALL GAMES THREAD), Group G GAMES: USA, Germany, Portugal, Ghana

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, June 15, 2014, 07:25:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBell

Muntari would have missed the game anyway and Boateng might not have even played.  Still, you have to think it is going to be some kind of distraction for the team.

I keep saying that I think Ronaldo on the counter can get a result against Ghana.  I think it definitely helps those chances when Ghana can't bring in KPB as reinforcement off the bench.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: JayBell on June 26, 2014, 09:18:52 am
Muntari would have missed the game anyway and Boateng might not have even played.  Still, you have to think it is going to be some kind of distraction for the team.

I keep saying that I think Ronaldo on the counter can get a result against Ghana.  I think it definitely helps those chances when Ghana can't bring in KPB as reinforcement off the bench.

I'm a big believer that locker room drama translates onto the field (see indiana pacers this season and countless other instances).  If they are having problems this bad, I think they have a tough time mustering up a win.

Huckleberry Pig

CabotHog87

cbhawg03

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on June 26, 2014, 09:26:25 am
I'm a big believer that locker room drama translates onto the field (see indiana pacers this season and countless other instances).  If they are having problems this bad, I think they have a tough time mustering up a win.

Think there problems started with not getting paid, same as Cameroon as well. Ghana government flew a plane with 3 million on it to players on Tuesday or WEdnesday to insure that they would play the game.

JayBell

Quote from: cbhawg03 on June 26, 2014, 09:58:38 amThink there problems started with not getting paid, same as Cameroon as well. Ghana government flew a plane with 3 million on it to players on Tuesday or WEdnesday to insure that they would play the game.
It's crazy for a national team to threaten to not play because they haven't gotten any money yet.  Or at least, it's a crazy notion to us as Americans.  I know things are very screwy far too often for players and teams in Africa.

DukeOfPork

I'm trying to time my lunch out for optimal viewing of the game.  Going to shoot for watching the second half.  I just hope it's not 3-0 by then!

cbhawg03

Quote from: DukeOfPork on June 26, 2014, 10:26:38 am
I'm trying to time my lunch out for optimal viewing of the game.  Going to shoot for watching the second half.  I just hope it's not 3-0 by then!

Boss didn't approve the USMNT day off form?

jbell96

Great, my watch espn viewing on an unmonitored computer crapped out. Guess I have to hold out until the half for lunch so I can go to a sports bar..

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: jbell96 on June 26, 2014, 11:18:12 am
Great, my watch espn viewing on an unmonitored computer crapped out. Guess I have to hold out until the half for lunch so I can go to a sports bar..

Come over here:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=569490.new#new
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

DukeOfPork

Cresthog

Jay you were 100% correct. Not to bash our players but did anyone even notice Brad Davis once the whole half? Dude was completely anonymous.

Might as well bring another defender on. Seriously bringing him instead of Donovan? No logic to that whatsoever. Donovan gives you set pieces, penalties, experience and a counter attacking threat. Not to mention gut busting defense.

Hope he steps something up or we make a change in the 2nd half. We need all guys contributing to this effort. Germany is too good to leave hanging, they will make us pay.

I might consider Yedlin at some point, we need some counter attacking threats, at this point thats our only hope for a goal IMO.

JayBell

The team as a whole did so much better when Davis and Zusi were switched, but Davis was a non-factor in the attack and the definitive weak link on defense.  And why is Zusi taking the corner kick when Davis is out there?

I think Yedlin definitely comes on for Davis sometime in the second half.

Cresthog

If 0-1 hold ghana has to win 3-1 correct?

They need 3 goals + right? God this is nerve racking.

JayBell

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on June 26, 2014, 09:26:25 amI'm a big believer that locker room drama translates onto the field (see indiana pacers this season and countless other instances).  If they are having problems this bad, I think they have a tough time mustering up a win.

Very prophetic.  Ghana had everything in their favor, but they let Ronaldo take control of the game late.