Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas camp updates

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 15, 2014, 04:21:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

COCHISE

Corning has 2 o-linemen in the 6'6" 320 range. Impressive.

The Recruiting Guy

Hawgzinbowlz

Always a good time of year to read about the camps and recruits.
76 Days and Counting.

" GO HOGS "

HOGINTENNESSEE

It's great news that Storey already has and continues to build on his relationship with Will and KJ.

RyeHogFan

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on June 15, 2014, 10:35:38 pm
Always a good time of year to read about the camps and recruits.
76 Days and Counting.

" GO HOGS "

I agree. I'm always excited to see players come up and earn a scholarship there. Seems like after all the camps, we generally add a few more.

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 16, 2014, 07:14:38 am
It's great news that Storey already has and continues to build on his relationship with Will and KJ.

This can't be overemphasized. To have these two bonding more and more with Storey is going to greatly increase our chances.

three hog night

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 16, 2014, 07:14:38 am

Yep and Gragg and Hill rode together to the camp.  Come on guys....help us bring back the program and sign with your State team.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

forrest city joe

Quote from: three hog night on June 16, 2014, 08:55:29 am
Yep and Gragg and Hill rode together to the camp.  Come on guys....help us bring back the program and sign with your State team.
We won't know about either of these guys until NSD of 2015 in my opinion. but i hope these in-state guys will take a leap of faith in the program.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: forrest city joe on June 16, 2014, 09:24:49 am
We won't know about either of these guys until NSD of 2015 in my opinion. but i hope these in-state guys will take a leap of faith in the program.

Arkansas can be really good.  It's not like we're just hoping that one day Arkansas might be decent.  We've been right there before competing with the best... and just recently.  In-state guys pave the way.

Piggfoot

Quote from: RyeHogFan on June 16, 2014, 08:43:12 am
I agree. I'm always excited to see players come up and earn a scholarship there. Seems like after all the camps, we generally add a few more.

This can't be overemphasized. To have these two bonding more and more with Storey is going to greatly increase our chances.

Hope they like what they see in Storey. I was listening to someone the other day
who wanted Peavy's arm and legs on Storey? Didn't quite understand that.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ricepig

Gragg's already set Nov 18th as his day to announce.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on June 16, 2014, 09:45:06 am
Arkansas can be really good.  It's not like we're just hoping that one day Arkansas might be decent.  We've been right there before competing with the best... and just recently.  In-state guys pave the way.
I agree 100% with your post. the one thing that was proven during the Bobby years, was you can win big at Arkansas. we were 1 win away 2 of the 4 years Bobby was here, from playing for the NC. we beat Cam Newton and Auburn, and i think we play for it. we win at Lsu in the last game of the season the last year Bobby was here, and we would have played for it again in my opinion. these recruits are old enough to remember that. and i hope that helps.i so want to see these in-state players take a leap of faith in the program and stay home.

nwahogfan1

I agree neither may let us fans know until Feb but they may let the coaches know sooner.  Lets hope this week they start leaning our way at least.  Right now I don't have a read either way.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 16, 2014, 10:37:54 am
I agree neither may let us fans know until Feb but they may let the coaches know sooner.  Lets hope this week they start leaning our way at least.  Right now I don't have a read either way.
Some recruits will wait to see how the season develops. It should be clear, by mid-season, if we are improving or imploding. We need to keep the high star in-state guys from committing elsewhere until our progress is evident... and then get their commitment as soon as possible. I'm optimistic that we go bowling.
75 Days and Counting.

" GO HOGS "

Dan42AR

Quote from: Piggfoot on June 16, 2014, 09:49:57 am
Hope they like what they see in Storey. I was listening to someone the other day
who wanted Peavy's arm and legs on Storey? Didn't quite understand that.

Peavy might be able to run better than Storey but I don't think he can come close to matching Story's arm from what I have seen this guy has a great arm and touch. jmo

GEO-HOG

Does Parker Witt get an offer?

rolyat_2008

Quote from: Dan42AR on June 16, 2014, 12:14:44 pm
Peavy might be able to run better than Storey but I don't think he can come close to matching Story's arm from what I have seen this guy has a great arm and touch. jmo
Peavey has a stronger arm. Storey more accurate and can make all the throws just takes a bit longer to get from point A to point B.

Corkscrew Johnson

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ricepig on June 16, 2014, 09:50:09 am

I guess they are going to hold out HOPE until ink hits an LOI
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

kodiakisland

Is Dylan Soehner attending any of these camps?  I don't expect a lot out of him at the camp if he does, as it will probably be all new to him, but he really needs to get the coaching at that level to get better.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

NLRHog92

Quote from: kodiakisland on June 16, 2014, 10:51:08 pm
Is Dylan Soehner attending any of these camps?  I don't expect a lot out of him at the camp if he does, as it will probably be all new to him, but he really needs to get the coaching at that level to get better.

Yes.

razorback44

Quote from: kodiakisland on June 16, 2014, 10:51:08 pm

He was there today.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

kodiakisland

Thats good to hear. 
Thanks
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

WBC Hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 16, 2014, 09:50:09 am

Gragg will be enrolling early wherever he chooses to go to school... hence the reason to sign on Nov. 18

Hawgzinbowlz

This, in the 10;05 update is some of the best news about this camp...Hog QB commit TY Storey threw to Will Gragg and K.J. Hill in the evening session...
74 Days and Counting,,,

" GO HOGS "

ricepig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 16, 2014, 10:16:43 pm
I guess they are going to hold out HOPE until ink hits an LOI

I guess, he's naming his "top" 6 in July, again I guess, haha.

BigBen

Can anyone comment on how Deon Stewart looked compared to a highly recruited player like KJ Hill. We need some explosive play-making athletes in this class and if we can't land hill I was wondering if Stewart will be able to step in and contribute right away.

Peter Porker

Quote from: BigBen on June 17, 2014, 12:06:25 pm
Can anyone comment on how Deon Stewart looked compared to a highly recruited player like KJ Hill. We need some explosive play-making athletes in this class and if we can't land hill I was wondering if Stewart will be able to step in and contribute right away.

Stewart is good. Hill is elite. Hill would start right now. Stewart  needs to redshirt. I was at the camp.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 17, 2014, 12:14:40 pm
Stewart is good. Hill is elite. Hill would start right now. Stewart  needs to redshirt. I was at the camp.

Fair assessment.

BigBen

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 17, 2014, 12:14:40 pm
thanks. I was kinda figuring that's how it would be but I wanted to get someone's opinion who had seen him and Hill on the field at the same time. Was there anyone who stood out to you at the camp that was underrated coming in that you felt like showed they could make an impact right away?

BornaHog

Quote from: BigBen on June 17, 2014, 12:42:12 pm
thanks. I was kinda figuring that's how it would be but I wanted to get someone's opinion who had seen him and Hill on the field at the same time. Was there anyone who stood out to you at the camp that was underrated coming in that you felt like showed they could make an impact right away?

RD said to ignore any stars on Cantrell, that he was going to be a freak at TE.   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

Peter Porker

Quote from: BigBen on June 17, 2014, 12:42:12 pm

Cantrell is elite. He should be a 5 star.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

BigBen

I'm excited from what you guys are saying about Cantrell. Players like him are what it's going to take for us to get back to competing for the SEC title.

Hoggy

Yep Cantrell is a lot better than Gragg IMO.  Not even close really

Jamie Jones

Having just gotten back home from Fayetteville, I can tell you that Cantrell is a freak of nature! He's just been unheard of until recently. I'd love to see him smashing qbs, but I think he will be a TE.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.