Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

World Cup Brazil, GROUP D GAMES: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, June 14, 2014, 11:40:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorJAcker

Missed golden opportunity by Rooney.  Had a clear shot but kicked it straight at the Uruguayan keeper.  He had no choice but to save it.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Yeah, that's just a lack of confidence by Rooney, trying to make sure it was put on goal, and not where the keeper can't reach it.

Wow, that knee to the head looked nasty.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

razorJAcker

GOAL.  Beautiful fast break by England and Rooney puts it in to tie it.

razorJAcker

England is all over them now.  I'd be surprised at this point if Uruguay manages a tie.

razorJAcker

Quote from: razorJAcker on June 19, 2014, 03:34:32 pm
England is all over them now.  I'd be surprised at this point if Uruguay manages a tie.

So, of course, Uruguay immediately takes the lead on Suarez' second goal.

Now THAT'S the Man U Rooney.  Should boost their confidence.

England ties it:

1-1

And before I can finish typing, Suarez with the ROCKET from the right side into the net.  What a shot

2-1 Uruguay
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

razorJAcker

England's keeper actually moved out of the way of that shot or it would have hit him right in the chest.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: razorJAcker on June 19, 2014, 03:42:26 pm
England's keeper actually moved out of the way of that shot or it would have hit him right in the chest.

don't think he intentionally moved out of the way, just the way his body was moving but I agree he should have come out bigger - if he does he has a chance at it.  Unfortunate initial bounce for England but when you have one of the best players in the world up top, you have to have a guy on him AT ALL TIMES.  No excuses.

cbhawg03

England will be eliminated with a Italy loss here against the Ticos

It would then be Italy vs Uruguay to move on

Hogtropolis™

So with Costa Rica's win, will they play England or does that match just not get played since CR has moved on and England is out?

TICOS SHOCK THE WORLD!!!

Wow, unbelievable.

Most people don't realize what an upset this is.

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on June 20, 2014, 01:01:19 pm
So with Costa Rica's win, will they play England or does that match just not get played since CR has moved on and England is out?

All groups play out all games.  Good question.

JayBell

Rio Ferdinand said something like, "This World Cup would be better off with England in it, but we haven't earned it."  That sums up England's soccer snobbery so perfectly.

England has not been among the soccer elite for decades, but they are still so snoody and uptight about it.  England and Italy were shortchanged by having to go to Manaus though.  They wilted in their next games.  That's why I'm worried about Portugal and the US getting results on Thursday.

Huckleberry Pig

should be an intense game today between Italy and Uruguay!

JayBell

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on June 24, 2014, 09:23:06 amshould be an intense game today between Italy and Uruguay!

Definitely one of the more intriguing final group stage games.

JayBell

A bit of stupidity there from Marchisio.  Terrible for Italy, great for the neutral observer.  This game needed something to happen and open it up a bit.

cbhawg03

cbhawg03

I like the way Italy plays and want them to move on rather than the one trick pony that is Uruguay in Suarez

Suarez bits the guy and stays on then Uruguay gets a goal

JayBell

So, Suarez bites someone AGAIN and Godin, who should have already been suspended, scores the go ahead goal.  Uruguay will be the least popular team in the Round of 16.

cbhawg03

Always funny how they take care of that, but never see the crap that happens on the field

cbhawg03

Quote from: JayBell on June 24, 2014, 12:46:09 pm
So, Suarez bites someone AGAIN and Godin, who should have already been suspended, scores the go ahead goal.  Uruguay will be the least popular team in the Round of 16.

It is unbelievable man. The phantom penalty that Brazil got in the opener, the card that Godin didn't get, a bit by Suarez and somehow Uruguay moves on

cbhawg03

cbhawg03

Suarez takes a page our of Cristano's playbook and forgets that he has teammates when the game could have been over at 2-0

razorJAcker

Gawd, I hate Uruguay now.  They got every call against England and had no business winning that game and now Suarez bites a guy and it's completely ignored.

razorJAcker

Suarez should be suspended for the next game, right?  Not really a soccer fan so I'm not sure how FIFA deals with things like this.

Hogsooey

Suarez is a disgrace. He should be out of the tourney plus more.

cbhawg03

Quote from: razorJAcker on June 24, 2014, 12:52:21 pm
Gawd, I hate Uruguay now.  They got every call against England and had no business winning that game and now Suarez bites a guy and it's completely ignored.

Never liked Suarez and this only makes it worse along with Godin not getting the Red that he should have got

razorJAcker

If it's his third offense, how about a lifetime ban?  If he wants to make a habit out of biting people, how about just not allowing him to play?  It takes a sick, twisted mind to bite people for no reason.

Suarez is a head case.  He obviously has some sort of mental disorder.
FIRST OF ALL, THE URUGUAYAN FEDERATION needs to suspend him and send him home if they want any chance of any kind of respect/validity for what they accomplish in the round of 16.

SECOND, FIFA needs to suspend him for a year and order him to complete mandatory psychiatric treatment before he can return.  Then, if it happens again, he should be banned for LIFE.

Such a strange incident - Chellini pulls his shirt down to show the bite and Uruguayan player runs over and tries to pull it back up lol.

Too bad this story is taking away from what Costa Rica has done, and what the other Uruguayan players have done.

GBHawg

They stated that it was his 3rd time to bite someone in the last 3 1/2 years.  He should be banned for LIFE. Period.

JayBell

Unfortunately, this is where the disgrace that is FIFA comes into play.  Sepp Blatter has publicly said numerous times that he believes controversy is actually good for the game.  I'm not aware of any incident where something did not receive action during the game that resulted in punitive actions taken retroactively.  If Suarez had gotten a red card for it during the game as he should have, then FIFA might have suspended.

Since he didn't, I doubt FIFA does anything.

And that is why I love MLS and the actions they take to clean up the game.  Players that full on kick players and dive and simulate and other crap like that, get suspended in MLS.  A guy that bit people three different times might not ever be allowed to play in the league again.

jbell96

yraciv

What a headcase! He is 27 years old, and I remember being taught not to bite at age 5. If you want to be juvenile and distract guys, go the JR Smith route and untie shoes.  If you want to be violent and risk your reputation/eligibility throw a punch, which is a much more conventional way of settling problems.  If you want to be a little bit**, you bite someone unexpectedly.

I agree with Notshavin on the act of punishment for this.  Things can happen once, but 3rd strike and things get serious.  Not necessarily saying he needs to be out yet, hindsight he isn't doping or committing crimes, but he needs to reevaluate himself and why he is playing the game.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: jbell96 on June 24, 2014, 01:42:41 pm

Haha!

Quote from: Notshavin on June 24, 2014, 01:19:00 pm
Suarez is a head case.  He obviously has some sort of mental disorder.

At this point, the only option left is electroshock therapy.

Arsenal almost signed him and I was already forcing myself to hold my nose and embrace the transfer.  Suarez is a despicable human being.  He is an animal. 

Having said that, I think that Arsenal might very well have won the league had they completed the transfer.  He's a hell of a player, but he probably needs to be euthanized.

GBHawg

jbell96

I just saw a vine of the bite. Hopefully there is a close up shot that shows it better. FIFA is already a joke, allowing him to play in the next round makes this tournament a farce.

GBHawg

Quote from: DukeOfPork on June 24, 2014, 01:58:14 pm
Haha!

At this point, the only option left is electroshock therapy.

Arsenal almost signed him and I was already forcing myself to hold my nose and embrace the transfer.  Suarez is a despicable human being.  He is an animal. 

Having said that, I think that Arsenal might very well have won the league had they completed the transfer.  He's a hell of a player, but he probably needs to be euthanized.

It's so bad, I think it's a weird sort of addiction, where he just sees red and cant control himself.  That's why I think they should have him complete a mandatory psychiatric program.  If he doesn't SATISFACTORILY complete it and/or EVER bites someone again he should be banned for life by FIFA and every major pro league in the world.

Hogsooey

Here's an article discussing what FIFA could do to Suarez.  Says there is precedent for banning a player when the refs did not catch the foul play - happened in the 1994 World Cup when the refs missed a bad elbow and FIFA ended up using video evidence to ban the player, Tassotti, for 8 international matches. 

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/fifa-rules-allow-suarez-ban-2-years

JayBell

Quote from: Hogsooey on June 24, 2014, 02:48:52 pmHere's an article discussing what FIFA could do to Suarez.  Says there is precedent for banning a player when the refs did not catch the foul play - happened in the 1994 World Cup when the refs missed a bad elbow and FIFA ended up using video evidence to ban the player, Tassotti, for 8 international matches. 

I stand corrected.

The fact that it hasn't happened in 20 years doesn't make me feel any better about it though.

Quote from: Hogsooey on June 24, 2014, 02:48:52 pm
Here's an article discussing what FIFA could do to Suarez.  Says there is precedent for banning a player when the refs did not catch the foul play - happened in the 1994 World Cup when the refs missed a bad elbow and FIFA ended up using video evidence to ban the player, Tassotti, for 8 international matches. 

During our game against Brazil in '94, Leonardo viciously elbowed Tab Ramos in the head.  Leonardo was red-carded, but then later FIFA stepped in and banned him for the rest of the tournament.  Ramos was knocked out and had a broken cheek bone and was taken to the hospital.  He remained there for 3 months.

Brazil played down a man, but so did we technically because we had no decent replacement for Ramos who was our best player.

Huckleberry Pig

hate suarez, always have.  he has to be the biggest whiner in all of futbol.  It's hard watching him in premiere league because of it.  Great player, but why does he have to be such a biatch.

this action today just reinforces my hate.

Hogsooey

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on June 24, 2014, 03:16:34 pm
hate suarez, always have.  he has to be the biggest whiner in all of futbol.  It's hard watching him in premiere league because of it.  Great player, but why does he have to be such a biatch.

this action today just reinforces my hate.

I just love how he bit someone and then acted like he was hurt.  Ha!

jbell96

Quote from: Hogsooey on June 24, 2014, 03:19:06 pm
I just love how he bit someone and then acted like he was hurt.  Ha!

"He threw is shoulder into my mouth! I bit him in self defense!"

JayBell

The evidence is pretty irrefutable.  You can see the jersey being tugged by Suarez's mouth, Chiellini reacts immediately and you can see the bite marks on his shoulder.  If this happened in any other organization outside of FIFA, the IOC or the NCAA, I'd be 100% certain that Suarez would not play again in this World Cup.

Alas, FIFA is in that most corrupted triumvirate and is probably more likely to do nothing than suspend Suarez at all.

DukeOfPork

There are a lot of asses in the world of football, but Suarez is the most despicable player in the game today.  I really don't think anyone else is even close.

He has made a mockery of the last two World Cups and the EPL, leaving a path of cheating, biting, flopping, racial abuse, and goals in his wake.

JayBell

Quote from: DukeOfPork on June 24, 2014, 04:24:56 pmThere are a lot of asses in the world of football, but Suarez is the most despicable player in the game today.  I really don't think anyone else is even close.

He has made a mockery of the last two World Cups and the EPL, leaving a path of cheating, biting, flopping, racial abuse, and goals in his wake.

What's sad is that he had been doing relatively well as of late.  He let his play speak for him, for the most part, during the EPL season.  And he had a great year.  Then out of nowhere he bites someone again.  Just a disgrace.

Hogsooey

Quote from: DukeOfPork on June 24, 2014, 04:24:56 pm
There are a lot of asses in the world of football, but Suarez is the most despicable player in the game today.  I really don't think anyone else is even close.

As someone said on twitter, why would his defenders stop defending him now?  After all he has done, are they really going to say, that's it, I have a 2 bite threshold?  lol