Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thursday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 12, 2014, 07:30:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsmellgud

I like the size of Avery Johnson. I hope he can earn a scholarship.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Huds_HawgTide

i really want avery to get scholly too
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

WBC Hog

I'm rooting for Avery to get a scholarship this week. Can't ever have too many home grown Hogs!

kingt

Glad to see he is getting some attention now. I stated a couple months ago that he was atleast a top 3 player in the state. His film is second to none in the class of 15'.

Hawgzinbowlz

As usual, several linemen. Building the fronts.

Avery looks like he could adapt to our needs.
79 Days and Counting.

" GO HOGS "

whippersnapper

Richard I know Newport had some of their players there at camp today. Did you see how they did?

WBC Hog

Quote from: whippersnapper on June 12, 2014, 06:31:31 pm
Richard I know Newport had some of their players there at camp today. Did you see how they did?

I remember RD mentioning several times of 3 guys in particular from Newport, a LB, OL, and a RB. Haven't heard anything about them in a while though so I'm curious as well.

ricepig

Quote from: WBC Hog on June 12, 2014, 06:55:13 pm
I remember RD mentioning several times of 3 guys in particular from Newport, a LB, OL, and a RB. Haven't heard anything about them in a while though so I'm curious as well.

He didn't mention them in this article from today. They may be going to the three day camp, or the one next Thursday.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jun/12/arkansas-camp-udates/

hogville38

Avery's legs never stop churning. This kid is special in my opinion.

whippersnapper

I know Newport's HC and I don't think they are coming back up for anymore camps. They just came to the one today. Then some are going to other camps on their own like Auburn, Ole miss and LSU I believe.

redeye

Quote from: hogville38 on June 12, 2014, 07:06:53 pm
Avery's legs never stop churning. This kid is special in my opinion.

I haven't watched any video of him, but that sounds like JWill.  Love runners who don't quit until the whistle blows.

Music City Hog

Combined SEC offers from all 6 prospects in this Thursday update??  Zero. 

hogfanonthelake

Combined Arkansas offers zero. Get a life mch.

Music City Hog

Quote from: hogfanonthelake on June 12, 2014, 10:32:22 pm
Combined Arkansas offers zero. Get a life mch.

Yes, that's what I said. We are in the SEC. This is a Thursday update for North Texas or Sam Houston St

hogfanonthelake

So why do you care what offers they have if we aren't offering them either. You always grasp on to anything you can perceive as negative and never mention the highly regarded kids visiting. What does it hurt for Richard to give these kids some attention.

Music City Hog

Quote from: hogfanonthelake on June 12, 2014, 10:41:46 pm
So why do you care what offers they have if we aren't offering them either. You always grasp on to anything you can perceive as negative and never mention the highly regarded kids visiting. What does it hurt for Richard to give these kids some attention.

Why are we getting updates on dudes with no Ark or any other significant offer?  If these are the kids we are counting on then we are beyond screwed. 

I'm happy this staff got a few of the in state kids to visit for camp, which is what they are supposed to do btw, but this thread is about Thursday bits and these aren't SEC players.

hogfanonthelake

I will bet that some of these kids have sec offers before it's over may or may not come from Arkansas but you will still find something to bitch about. Signing day isn't tomorrow and the offer lists will grow at least we aren't trying to justify how we have stole these kids from these smaller schools if they earn a offer they will get one.

Music City Hog

Quote from: hogfanonthelake on June 12, 2014, 10:58:23 pm
I will bet that some of these kids have sec offers before it's over may or may not come from Arkansas but you will still find something to bitch about. Signing day isn't tomorrow and the offer lists will grow at least we aren't trying to justify how we have stole these kids from these smaller schools if they earn a offer they will get one.

I bitch about the things that are bitch worthy.   I celebrate and praise the things that are praise worthy.   

Music City Hog

Quote from: hogfanonthelake on June 12, 2014, 10:58:23 pm

And if these kids have SEC offers then they will be from non contenders like we currently are.   We have to find a way to get out of that group and move up the totem pole slowly.   Competing with South Dakota st and Sam Houston for players is a death sentence.

hogfanonthelake

Well if bitching about 6 updates of kids at a camp trying to earn an offer is bitch worthy I can only imagine how bad your life sucks. I'm done with this you are depressing me.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 12, 2014, 11:01:24 pm
I bitch about the things that are bitch worthy.   I celebrate and praise the things that are praise worthy.

There is a fine line between bitching and being a beeyotch in general. A line you're very close to.

colbs

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 12, 2014, 10:47:53 pm
Why are we getting updates on dudes with no Ark or any other significant offer?  If these are the kids we are counting on then we are beyond screwed. 

I'm happy this staff got a few of the in state kids to visit for camp, which is what they are supposed to do btw, but this thread is about Thursday bits and these aren't SEC players.
If you don't like don't read.

Music City Hog

Quote from: colbs on June 12, 2014, 11:10:53 pm
If you don't like don't read.

Well, I don't know I don't like it until after I've read.

Music City Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 12, 2014, 11:09:35 pm
There is a fine line between bitching and being a beeyotch in general. A line you're very close to.

You used "beeyotch" in a sentence? Theres a line you're also close to.  Wow.

Music City Hog

Quote from: hogfanonthelake on June 12, 2014, 11:07:56 pm
Well if bitching about 6 updates of kids at a camp trying to earn an offer is bitch worthy I can only imagine how bad your life sucks. I'm done with this you are depressing me.

I just wish we didn't have time for these updates on non sec players.  It would be nice if we had so much talent at our camps, like our peers, that we didn't notice the north Texas offers. But these are the out of state kids we get to camp.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: ricepig on June 12, 2014, 07:04:06 pm
He didn't mention them in this article from today. They may be going to the three day camp, or the one next Thursday.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jun/12/arkansas-camp-udates/

I wasn't able to get o the camp until the very end. I had something I had to attend to before getting to the camp. I'll work on finding out more.

I really like the Newport kids.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 12, 2014, 11:23:43 pm
I wasn't able to get o the camp until the very end. I had something I had to attend to before getting to the camp. I'll work on finding out more.

I really like the Newport kids.

Another example, total SEC offers from this camp update? 1

Oh and RD, I'm not complaining about you.  You just report on who is there.  My point is that we can't get anyone that our peers want to attend, especially out of state guys.  Sure we can convince the in state guys to make an appearance, which is good, but we are light years behind our peers in getting elite campers here.  I can't believe Im the only Hog fan frustrated by the players you are forced to report on. 

MH04

How about, "thanks for the update RD"

PorkRinds

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 12, 2014, 11:16:22 pm
You used "beeyotch" in a sentence? Theres a line you're also close to.  Wow.

I didn't want to straight up call you a bitch.

Music City Hog

Music City Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 12, 2014, 11:34:05 pm
I didn't want to straight up call you a bitch.

Go ahead.  I'd be impressed with you actually having a real thought and opinion that you weren't afraid to express.  But you'll more than likely call me a poster with great potential and that can be coached up.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 12, 2014, 11:36:30 pm
Go ahead.  I'd be impressed with you actually having a real thought and opinion that you weren't afraid to express.  But you'll more than likely call me a poster with great potential and that can be coached up.

I just think it's a punk move to insult a bunch of in state and local guys working hard to get an offer from the hogs. Will they? No telling. But it's bad form for you to piss all over them IMO. If you don't like their skills, just move on.

Music City Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 12, 2014, 11:39:50 pm
I just think it's a punk move to insult a bunch of in state guys working hard to get an offer from the hogs. Will they? No telling. But it's bad form for you to piss all over them IMO. If you don't like their skills, just move on.

I'm not pissing on the kids.  I don't know the kids.   I'm sure they are wonderful kids.  I also had a dream to be a Razorback and appreciate that they are working hard.  It's not about that at all.   It's about that we can't get elite prospects to come to our camps like the other SEC schools with whom we compete. It's just insanely exhausting to read about the kids at every other SEC camp and then get an article about kids at our camp with offers to the above mentioned schools.   We will never get any better like this.  I can't even begin to understand how I am the only one that could possibly be frustrated by this.  It's mind blowing.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 12, 2014, 11:44:32 pm
I'm not pissing on the kids.  I don't know the kids.   I'm sure they are wonderful kids.  I also had a dream to be a Razorback and appreciate that they are working hard.  It's not about that at all.   It's about that we can't get elite prospects to come to our camps like the other SEC schools with whom we compete. It's just insanely exhausting to read about the kids at every other SEC camp and then get an article about kids at our camp with offers to the above mentioned schools.   We will never get any better like this.  I can't even begin to understand how I am the only one that could possibly be frustrated by this.  It's mind blowing.

There were 75 kids there and you're getting your panties in a wad about 6 of them. Have you seen a list of who all attended? If so, post it.

Oklahawg

Hell, I hope we offer 4-5 of these kids just to see MCH get more sand in his snatch.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hawgzinbowlz

Thanks for the professional coverage RD. Very appreciated by Razorback Fans.
78 Days and Counting.

" GO HOGS "

1highhog

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 12, 2014, 10:26:08 pm

He who casts stones at others,,, needs to get run the *&%$ over.

ImHogginIt

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=23279.msg227189#msg227189

YankHog

I would rather RD publish an article telling us how the camp went and how some players who could possibly earn a scholarship fared during the camps than nothing at all.  RD does a great job of keeping us informed weekly even when there is not much to report and i'm sure it sucks up a huge chunk of his time.  Thanks for all you do RD and please keep it up, it's much appreciated.

Music City Hog

Y'all are missig the point. I'm not frustrated with RD, he does a great job of covering Arkansas recruiting.  I'm not attacking or frustrated at the 6 kids in the article.  Like I said, they are prob great players, students, and people.  I'm glad they get to go out, have fun, compete.  I hope each one gets their education paid in full based on their talents.  That's a big accomplishment.

My frustration is in the inability to get elite SEC talent to these camps like our peers. We did get the in state guys which is awesome, however, that's a must. There are a couple of other kids like the OL from Oklahoma too.  However, when you see the campers at other places, we are just light years behind. 

That's all.  I'm not going after RD or the kids in his article.  Calm down.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 13, 2014, 07:40:07 am
Y'all are missig the point. I'm not frustrated with RD, he does a great job of covering Arkansas recruiting.  I'm not attacking or frustrated at the 6 kids in the article.  Like I said, they are prob great players, students, and people.  I'm glad they get to go out, have fun, compete.  I hope each one gets their education paid in full based on their talents.  That's a big accomplishment.

My frustration is in the inability to get elite SEC talent to these camps like our peers. We did get the in state guys which is awesome, however, that's a must. There are a couple of other kids like the OL from Oklahoma too.  However, when you see the campers at other places, we are just light years behind. 

How do you know they are/are not elite SEC talent?  Given that many kids from Arkansas do not attend the big combines/camps, some might not have been evaluated.  Its June, not January....get a grip

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 13, 2014, 07:40:07 am

This isn't the only camp we have this Summer up there

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on June 13, 2014, 07:55:42 am
How do you know they are/are not elite SEC talent?  Given that many kids from Arkansas do not attend the big combines/camps, some might not have been evaluated.  Its June, not January....get a grip

My thoughts exactly.

Some of these kids don't have a way, money, or time to go to camps and get evaluated by the Services. I'll hold judgement until the end of the fall/winter and see how many offers these kids have then.

Huds_HawgTide

We have like 6 camps...and ty storey is gonna be at all of em throwing to recievers...that's nice...guys that already have big time offers don't usually camp...no need to prove anything else...instead they come for visits and watch the coaches and see the school...camps mostly are normally for guys trying to prove something and underclassmen to get their names out there...why would a five star recruit come camp here when he already has an offer...when he can wait for an official visit in the fall? So your making no sense
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

I'd almost bet we offer more underclassmen out of these camps then upcoming seniors
tommy boy

ThrillaHog

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 12, 2014, 10:26:08 pm
I agree their offer lists are not that impressive. People breathe......All MCH was doing is expressing concern about the fact that none of those kids hold an SEC offer.......we play in the SEC people.....

Dropkick

Quote from: ThrillaHog on June 13, 2014, 10:26:16 am
I agree their offer lists are not that impressive. People breathe......All MCH was doing is expressing concern about the fact that none of those kids hold an SEC offer.......we play in the SEC people.....
Honest question, how many SEC offers did Korliss Marshall have?

ThrillaHog

Quote from: Dropkick on June 13, 2014, 10:34:41 am
He didn't have any.

I get where your coming from Dropkick, I'm just saying he was expressing concern on the caliber of athlete that those kids seem to be.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Dropkick on June 13, 2014, 10:34:41 am

I have no idea regarding the talent level of any of these players, but highlighting 1 guy isn't a fair sample.  And how long did it take UA to finally offer him?  Like the very last minute.  Of course, the supposed academic issue will come forward as the culprit.  Now that didn't stop us with Pierce, though.

There is a larger point.  Look at our team now...we very much have a lack of upper classman talent.  Most of which were guys with few offers and/or little to no SEC offers.  Ponder which of our current players are generally the most heralded among the fans...JWill, Collins, Henry, Skipper, Kirkland, Philon, Flowers (kinda), Ellis, etc...  Now review their offer sheets.  There's a huge correlation.  Are some of the unknown kids truly hidden gems?  You betcha.  But the vast majority turn out to be just as that offer sheet suggested.  We can't survive on the those "exceptions to the rule".

This board got to an all-time recruiting/homerism low with the Kane Whitehurst offer.  It twas an epic last couple of days before NSD.  The koolaid was free flowing.

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 13, 2014, 12:02:02 am
Hell, I hope we offer 4-5 of these kids just to see MCH get more sand in his snatch.

Ah, I see you have your priorities straight.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15