Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oklahoma QB will be at Ark on Thursday

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 10, 2014, 10:18:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Kid is a beast. I like the thought of Micah, Rafe, and Ty.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

wholehog92

Won't Ford also be a junior?

Will he be at the Elite camp?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

CDBHawg

Sign them up.....

Would be a great problem to have.

pillowhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 10, 2014, 11:19:15 am
Kid is a beast. I like the thought of Micah, Rafe, and Ty.
I dont.  Micah and Rafe just arent QB names.  Gotta keep QB names simple unless you are a Manning.  Tom, Joe, Brett, Drew, Jim, Dan, Tony, Matt, Ben, John.  Its really amazing most great QB have simple names.  Sadly I'm being serious

Hoggy

Quote from: pillowhog on June 10, 2014, 01:48:47 pm
I dont.  Micah and Rafe just arent QB names.  Gotta keep QB names simple unless you are a Manning.  Tom, Joe, Brett, Drew, Jim, Dan, Tony, Matt, Ben, John.  Its really amazing most great QB have simple names.  Sadly I'm being serious
Ha ha me and a buddy were discussing this same thing the other day.  It is pretty amazing all the good ones have simple names

WorfHog

I dont.  Micah and Rafe just aren't QB names.  Gotta keep QB names simple unless you are a Manning.  Tom, Joe, Brett, Drew, Jim, Dan, Tony, Matt, Ben, John.  Its really amazing most great QB have simple names.  Sadly I'm being serious

I think you used the word simple when what you meant is common. There are plenty of great QB's with uncommon names like Jameis, Peyton, Fran, Colin, Philip and Cam. There are just more people with common names so there are more successful QB's with common names.

Secondly, Rafe, Ty and Micah are all fairly simple names.

tophawg19

is QB Ross Trail going to be at any of our camps
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Paul

That is sad

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: wholehog92 on June 10, 2014, 11:49:52 am

I am suspecting that Kasey Ford may be going the baseball route in college.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

WBC Hog

ricepig

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on June 10, 2014, 09:06:21 pm
I am suspecting that Kasey Ford may be going the baseball route in college.
Why, everything I've seen shows he's only a mid-80's pitcher. Those are a dime a dozen in college, whereas he has an elite arm as a QB.

pillowhog

Quote from: ricepig on June 11, 2014, 06:57:56 am
Why, everything I've seen shows he's only a mid-80's pitcher. Those are a dime a dozen in college, whereas he has an elite arm as a QB.
I think he is also a stud position player in baseball.  Not sure though.  He sure is built for football though but I hear baseball is his true love

nationwish

I've been in Tulsa several years now and I have never heard of that school.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: pillowhog on June 11, 2014, 07:55:00 am
I think he is also a stud position player in baseball.  Not sure though.  He sure is built for football though but I hear baseball is his true love

How often do you see someone play baseball and football in college? Would this be something he is angling for?

fortsmithokie

Quote from: nationwish on June 11, 2014, 09:05:15 am
I've been in Tulsa several years now and I have never heard of that school.

Not sure if the school is relatively new, but they've only had a football program for about 10 years now and only became an OSSAA member in 2008 or 2009 in District 2A. Moved up to 3A in the last couple seasons. They don't play many Tulsa teams, except for a couple private schools as non-conference opponents.

wholehog92

Quote from: wholehog92 on June 10, 2014, 11:49:52 am

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/jun/11/wed/

Quote from: rdBentonville junior quarterback Kasey Ford will attend Arkansas' June 19th Elite Camp.

Thanks RD
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

WorfHog

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on June 11, 2014, 09:08:14 am
How often do you see someone play baseball and football in college? Would this be something he is angling for?

Jameis Winston (when he's not stealing crab legs)does it just fine so it's certainly possible.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: WorfHog on June 11, 2014, 06:48:34 pm
Jameis Winston (when he's not stealing crab legs)does it just fine so it's certainly possible.

That's right. Forgot about him.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

nationwish

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 12, 2014, 05:20:11 am
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/lincoln-christian-bulldogs-(tulsa,ok)/football/schedule.htm

So I guess it is near Broken Arrow. I'm not surprised that I hadn't heard of the football team, just that I hadn't heard of the school itself. My firm even audits a couple private schools, so I thought I had heard of most of them. Good luck to this kid, though. Hope he's getting good coaching and can compete at the next level if he's got the talent.

ThatGUY

Oklahoma Lock.... Just have to do a bit of checking into things

Rzbakfromwaybak

I dont.  Micah and Rafe just arent QB namesGotta keep QB names simple unless you are a Manning.  Tom, Joe, Brett, Drew, Jim, Dan, Tony, Matt, Ben, John.  Its really amazing most great QB have simple names.  Sadly I'm being serious

Yep....bet coach Bielema heard you , & is scratching this kid's name off the recruiting list as we speak.  Can hear him now......" Kid has a good arm, can run, throw accurately, smart.....
But we just can't sign someone with a first name like that"......."Maybe if he changed his name to Joe....or Drew"......"Guess Rafe will have to go too".....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Hoggy

From what Ive seen from old Rafe that wouldnt be too bad

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

PygmalionEffect

Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.