Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Highly regarded QB to visit Hogs (TCU lean)

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 09, 2014, 10:57:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Reading this article I saw where Oklahoma and Ok St both put on camps in the state of Texas.  Man this seems like something we should definitely be doing if at all possible.  It would be a great way to expose a bunch if Texas players to coach Pittman and company. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ricepig

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on June 09, 2014, 02:40:04 pm
Reading this article I saw where Oklahoma and Ok St both put on camps in the state of Texas.  Man this seems like something we should definitely be doing if at all possible.  It would be a great way to expose a bunch if Texas players to coach Pittman and company. 

All we have to do is change the SEC rule prohibiting it.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: ricepig on June 09, 2014, 02:50:18 pm
All we have to do is change the SEC rule prohibiting it.
I see.  What is the thinking behind this rule?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ricepig

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on June 09, 2014, 03:58:26 pm
The thinking was to keep other SEC schools out of your state. I bet Florida or Ga would love every other SEC school having a camp in their state.

HawgTide

Quote from: poloprince on June 09, 2014, 03:14:02 pm
There are enough qb's currently on campus and a 2015 commit, let's focus on other areas. 

Wooten is a 2016 QB recruit. Can you ever have too much QB talent? NOPE

redeye

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on June 09, 2014, 03:58:26 pm

I think it was also that it's illegal.  The schools that do it exploit a loophole.  Essentially what they're doing is having their coaches run a camp for a Division III school in the area, so officially the camp is for the Division III school.  At least that's my understanding.

BigSexyHog

Never have enough QB's on the roster
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

redeye

Quote from: BigSexyHog on June 09, 2014, 11:09:21 pm
Never have enough QB's on the roster

I agree.  Don't know how many times we have to run out of options at QB, before we realize that you can never have enough QB's.  You always need adequate play from your QB's, so problems like we had last year are inexcusable.

sickboy

Quote from: poloprince on June 09, 2014, 03:14:02 pm
There are enough qb's currently on campus and a 2015 commit, let's focus on other areas. 

Skate or die, bro.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Hawg_Thai'd

Is this an idication that the coaches are not totally sold of Kasey Ford? I would think that he would be all in as a Razorback if he were offered.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

redeye

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on June 10, 2014, 12:30:21 am
Is this an idication that the coaches are not totally sold of Kasey Ford? I would think that he would be all in as a Razorback if he were offered.

Well, they haven't offered him, yet, so I think we can safely say that they're not all sold on him, yet.  According to 247, the only school sold on him is Louisville.