Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm really hoping that

Started by rzrbackramsfan, June 08, 2014, 08:27:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

Our three point shooting improves next year. I feel like teams kind of packed the paint against us last year and that took away from our slashers which were full of. I think teams respected our shot more last year than the year before last, though. Hopefully beard and Durham can hit threes as well as madden, qualls, and bell improving their three point shooting percentage.  I also think we'll see Harris hit threes if open and Portis a little bit too.

What made me think if this is bosh's dunk in game 2 off a broken play.  It reminded me if qualls first dunk at Kentucky.  I hope to see much more if it next year... Is it college bball time yet?

TomBigBeeHog

Hopefully our bigs can improve our post scoring and open things up for our perimeter players.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

TheRazorback500

Our guys will need to keep good floor spacing and screen properly to establish a rhythmic offensive flow, which IMO increases the percentage of all shots, including threes. We'll have 7, 8 players who can hit "rhythm" threes, but I wouldn't want any of them shooting off the dribble...
Do you wanna get Rocked?

yraciv

We were 79th in the country last year in 3 point percentage at 36.7%. Not elite, but certainly pretty effective.  I guess it could be argued we were streaky, but we had 4 guys in Wade, Haydar, Madden, & Clarke that were pretty consistent.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: yraciv on June 08, 2014, 09:00:34 pm
We were 79th in the country last year in 3 point percentage at 36.7%. Not elite, but certainly pretty effective.  I guess it could be argued we were streaky, but we had 4 guys in Wade, Haydar, Madden, & Clarke that were pretty consistent.

Yea it'll be tough to improve three point shooting, especially losing 3 high % guys.  Those three guys had to be super open though, especially kikko.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on June 08, 2014, 08:48:07 pm
Our guys will need to keep good floor spacing and screen properly to establish a rhythmic offensive flow, which IMO increases the percentage of all shots, including threes. We'll have 7, 8 players who can hit "rhythm" threes, but I wouldn't want any of them shooting off the dribble...

Agree on all of that except for off the dribble, I believe madden, bell, and possibly beard will be able to do that.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on June 08, 2014, 08:32:15 pm
Hopefully our bigs can improve our post scoring and open things up for our perimeter players.

Yea they've gotta get those cheap buckets.  Call me crazy, but in the only real highlight if trey Thomson, I noticed he gets a ton if cheap buckets and makes it look reay easy.  I think it has to do with how quick he catches and releases in the post.  If that transitions to college, we may be enjoying his talents.

Bobby p. awesome kid, favorite player, but it seems like he makes shots more difficult than they need to be.  It at least there have been instances.  Like, he'll do a pronounced baby hook when maybe he could just get a little closer and have a little layup utilizing the backboard.

TomBigBeeHog

Like he did vs S Carolina at the buzzer. Needed him to go up strong
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

mhuff

Quote from: yraciv on June 08, 2014, 09:00:34 pm

That is spot on; however, Harris and Portis did not shoot well enough to merit shots. I believe Portis can do better.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on June 09, 2014, 06:47:18 am
Like he did vs S Carolina at the buzzer. Needed him to go up strong

Very good example.  He just had to turn around and drop it in.  Ahhh, the painful memory.