Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Derrick Graham visit update

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 08, 2014, 07:03:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgzinbowlz

4.75 sounds about right. Taking enough time to be comfortable with his choice.

We can likely sell early playing time.

83 Days and Counting.

" GO HOGS "

secneahog

Something positive on a position of need, and we have 2 guys commenting on it.

Love HV.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

tophawg19

40 was slow , not many major offers yet . not the high profile guy all of hogville waits for . good build and looks strong . he looks like that blue collar bring your lunch and go all day kind of guy we need . while straight line speed isn't great , his mobility looked good
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PorkRinds

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 08, 2014, 08:03:17 pm
40 was slow , not many major offers yet . not the high profile guy all of hogville waits for . good build and looks strong . he looks like that blue collar bring your lunch and go all day kind of guy we need . while straight line speed isn't great , his mobility looked good

So 4.75 is slow? Man I wish I was that slow.

tophawg19

compare that to the SEC rb's he will be chasing . he will be isolated on some 4.3 /4.4  guys . however i do think his speed will improve in college . Also he will be going against some fast T/E'S

hawgsmellgud

All I know is he is a linebacker from Florida. I like any recruit from FL, keep the pipeline open, and he's a lb from fl that CRS likes. I'm gonna go with coach on this one.

Also, Florida and Louisiana guys just seem a step above to me, I know it's just perception, but they just seem a little but more athletic.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

tophawg19

He looks like a guy who doesn't take plays off and can play the run well .

Hawg_Thai'd

After reading the past articles and then this article, it sounds as if he went from a for sure commitment to a "well, let me think about it." Maybe I'm wrong, which I hope I am.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Richard_white

His mobility, instincts and hips are more important than his track speed at LB.

ZERO

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on June 08, 2014, 08:19:14 pm
Also, Florida and Louisiana guys just seem a step above to me, I know it's just perception, but they just seem a little but more athletic.

I hear you. I always get more excited over them than Texas prospects.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Hawgzinbowlz

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/25/4029110/nfl-combine-results-2013-linebacker-40-yard-dash-bench
Interesting info on 40 times for invited 2013 NFL combine LBs.
"40 times" vs. "official 40 times" is a typical spread.
Some LBs 40 times, from big time programs, are not exceptionally impressive.
If we offer I'll have to go with CRS.
83 Days and Counting

" GO HOGS "

The Boar War

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on June 08, 2014, 08:43:07 pm
After reading the past articles and then this article, it sounds as if he went from a for sure commitment to a "well, let me think about it." Maybe I'm wrong, which I hope I am.

Something doesn't add up.  He says he thought about committing but wanted to visit other schools and be sure of his decision.  But at the end of the article it says he plans on taking all five visits and that Arkansas has a "good possibility" of receiving one of those visits.

So either we're number one or we have a good possibility of being in his top five. 

Don't get me wrong I think this was a good visit for Arkansas but I don't think he was as ready to commit to us as some did.

870hogfan

Quote from: The Boar War on June 08, 2014, 09:42:29 pm
Something doesn't add up.  He says he thought about committing but wanted to visit other schools and be sure of his decision.  But at the end of the article it says he plans on taking all five visits and that Arkansas has a "good possibility" of receiving one of those visits.

So either we're number one or we have a good possibility of being in his top five. 

Don't get me wrong I think this was a good visit for Arkansas but I don't think he was as ready to commit to us as some did.

Could it be the coaching staff to hold up on his commitment?

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Boar War on June 08, 2014, 09:42:29 pm

Did anyone besides Hogville experts think he was going to commit this weekend?

The Boar War

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 08, 2014, 10:14:39 pm
Did anyone besides Hogville experts think he was going to commit this weekend?

It was either Dudley Dawson or Danny West that said they wouldn't be surprised.  It's not like I'm calling them out or anything.  There's just a big difference between getting a commitment and a good possibility of an official visit.

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 08, 2014, 08:14:36 pm
compare that to the SEC rb's he will be chasing . he will be isolated on some 4.3 /4.4  guys . however i do think his speed will improve in college . Also he will be going against some fast T/E'S
4.75 is an absolutely fine time for a LB.  Some of you guys are ridiculous.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: The Boar War on June 08, 2014, 10:27:06 pm
  There's just a big difference between getting a commitment and a good possibility of an official visit.

This is what stands out to me. Maybe 870 is right and its the coaches who may have delayed the decision. 

ldfergu

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on June 09, 2014, 01:15:01 am
This is what stands out to me. Maybe 870 is right and its the coaches who may have delayed the decision.

Or he's been told by his coaching staff at home that his recruitment will likely expand over the course of his senior season. I'd probably wait and see too

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: ZERO on June 08, 2014, 09:09:49 pm
I hear you. I always get more excited over them than Texas prospects.

For sure Texas is exactly the state that I think is behind FL and LA.

My theory is that in TX they have a lot of money for off season training so those kids come in almost at the peak of athleticism. Meanwhile in FL they are coming out with just the natural talent they were born with and once they hit a real weight training program they blow up.

Obviously this is not EVERY kid, and it could be completely wrong, so if someone disagrees with this please don't reply telling me how dumb I am. Lets try and have a discussion about it instead of name calling.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on June 09, 2014, 06:58:22 am
Or he's been told by his coaching staff at home that his recruitment will likely expand over the course of his senior season. I'd probably wait and see too

But if we use that logic and he commits somewhere else, we can't use "the coaches cooled off on him" excuse. I like to leave options open for why players don't come here ;)

Hoggish1

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Hoggish1 on June 09, 2014, 09:25:41 am
This is even finer:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Derrick-Graham-160550
The 4.75 is likely laser timed and the 4.55 is handheld.  Looks comparable to other SEC LBs recruits.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

I remember how good Jarvis jones was at LB and he was a tackling machine and had great football speed and ran a 4.92 lol. Oh yeah he was a first rounder to.  I'll take 4.75 all day long at the LB position

The_Iceman

Derrick Graham ‏@Mrperfection352 4m

UF offered.. anythings possibly with the man above... #blessed #ChasingDreams

jbhogfan4

Probably not someone we wanted to see enter the competition.

MissippHog

Quote from: jbhogfan4 on June 10, 2014, 03:24:13 pm
Probably not someone we wanted to see enter the competition.
Kinda what I was thinking. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 10, 2014, 03:21:32 pm

Man was hoping that offer didn't come.

ifghog

Yep We are in trouble. CBB and staff know talent...just have to close on these LB's...it is a tough gig no doubt.

hawgsmellgud

So I guess he can run fast enough now? When will u all learn to trust the staff.

redeye

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on June 10, 2014, 04:52:47 pm
So I guess he can run fast enough now? When will u all learn to trust the staff.

lol... I was just thinking about that.  I guess he has SEC speed after all.

masshog2412

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: ifghog on June 10, 2014, 04:17:55 pm
Yep We are in trouble. CBB and staff know talent...just have to close on these LB's...it is a tough gig no doubt.

I guess FL sees the same thing as Coach Shannon. It's a tough pill to swallow now, but that should be a great sign as to the direction of where things are headed. Better times ahead.

The Boar War

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 10, 2014, 03:21:32 pm

And there it is.

The Hogfather

WBC Hog

June 10, 2014, 11:55:26 pm #35 Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:53:18 am by WBC Hog
I understand that it was a powerhouse school from his home state that offered him but, has he come out and said that he would like to play for the Gators? All of y'all seem like he's Florida bound already.

I really thought we were in a good position with this guy.

MissippHog

Quote from: WBC Hog on June 10, 2014, 11:55:26 pm
I understand that it was a powerhouse school from his home state that offered him but, has he come out and said that he would like to okay for the Gators? All of y'all seem like he's Florida bound already.

I really thought we were in a good position with this guy.
I think it's the #ChasingDreams part that's concerning.

GEO-HOG

I think he and his brother were using the chasing dreams hashtag for all tweets when they were traveling to schools

WBC Hog

Quote from: GEO-HOG on June 11, 2014, 07:21:02 am
I think he and his brother were using the chasing dreams hashtag for all tweets when they were traveling to schools

This is correct.

MH04

Quote from: GEO-HOG on June 11, 2014, 07:21:02 am
They used the same hashtag when leaving Mississippi state and while at arkansas

Vantage 8 dude

This is certainly one instance where I'd really like to see an athlete "flip off" an offer from an in-state school. Nice to see that folks such as MSU and the Hogs did a lot of the gator's work for them.