Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LB Derrick Graham

Started by IBleedRazorbackRed, June 07, 2014, 07:51:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IBleedRazorbackRed

Florida lb visiting us tomorrow. Sunday visits seem rare, commit watch maybe? Thoughts?

IBleedRazorbackRed

The_Iceman

I like that size. 6'4" and a little over 200lb. That gives the chance to build his frame the way we want. Add 25 pounds of good weight on him while still being quick and rangy.

Hawg_Thai'd

Shannon and Smith are after him, so he must have something they like.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Huds_HawgTide

I like that height and range at lb
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

edt

I hope that 40 time is not right. If it is, he can't play linebacker in the SEC running a 5.04 40.

ricepig

Quote from: edt on June 08, 2014, 06:38:25 am
I hope that 40 time is not right. If it is, he can't play linebacker in the SEC running a 5.04 40.

Sure he can.

MP24

Richard has Graham at 4.75 in paper today
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

ldfergu

LBs need good instincts that put them in position to make plays. It doesn't all revolve around your 40 time

edt

Only problem is he isn't Brandon Spikes. I hope Richard is right. You can work with 4.75, but 5.04 is not going to work in the SEC. There are offensive linemen at the combine that run better than that. If he is truely 4.75 I hope he commits ASAP.

ricepig

Quote from: edt on June 08, 2014, 08:43:54 am
Only problem is he isn't Brandon Spikes. I hope Richard is right. You can work with 4.75, but 5.04 is not going to work in the SEC. There are offensive linemen at the combine that run better than that. If he is truely 4.75 I hope he commits ASAP.

Do you really think they would have offered a scholarship to a LB running a 5.0?

Razorhawg09

At 6'4 probably ends up with hand on the ground.

LJHOG

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on June 07, 2014, 08:37:01 pm
Shannon and Smith are after him, so he must have something they like.
I so hope that's the case.  We can use LB's.

TeedupHigh

Quote from: edt on June 08, 2014, 08:43:54 am

RU saying Shannon and Smith don't understand what we need or that they just don't have a clue? 

hawgmasta

Another Ramsey type player? Maybe not ready right away but the SEC size we need.  Only thing I'd be worried about is if he builds steam this year and a Florida school or two closer to home offers.

ldfergu

Quote from: TeedupHigh on June 08, 2014, 10:02:01 am
RU saying Shannon and Smith don't understand what we need or that they just don't have a clue?

Someone always has to the "are u saying" guy

dumbdude479

I hate when recruits come to town and the weather is bad. It's been pretty ugly lightly storming here in fort smith all morning. Hope its better up there today.  :razorback:

PorkRinds

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on June 08, 2014, 08:52:07 am

From what I've read about Smith, he likes to have defensive ends that can play down and sometimes stand up like an OLB and pass rush with a 3 man front on the line.  A player like this could fit that mold nicely

secneahog

5.0 40 was when he was a freshman.  He's a 4.7 guy all day now.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

bennyl08

For comparison, Lake ran a 40 time in the 5's...
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Steef

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on June 08, 2014, 08:52:07 am

DE was my first thought also.

Still, we need DEs too.

secneahog

Quote from: steefhog on June 08, 2014, 12:27:25 pm
DE was my first thought also.

Still, we need DEs too.

Says he plays lber but you think DE.

Because he's 6'4?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Hawgzinbowlz

Maybe Smith, Shannon and Segrest are timing him in the new facility.

If he's 4.7 or under the time won't leave the building. Let the 5+ 40 be for public consumption.
83 Days and counting.

" GO HOGS "

Steef

online-with-swine

I think he just camped at MSU and swung around to see our campus.  I imagine MSU is aware of what he can run and I believe they have already offered.

1highhog

Quote from: dumbdude479 on June 08, 2014, 10:19:05 am
I hate when recruits come to town and the weather is bad. It's been pretty ugly lightly storming here in fort smith all morning. Hope its better up there today.  :razorback:

He's from Florida, it rains there sometimes everyday and he sees storms a lot, something we don't see as well, hurricanes.

Hoggish1

1highhog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on June 09, 2014, 09:22:12 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Derrick-Graham-160550

Now, a 4.55 changes everything and I bet a lot of comments above.  If he has a really good year, expect his stock and College offers skyrocket, I'd love to have this one.

acey33

Going off of past history @ the UA with that size we'll turn him into a DE once he puts on some more weight

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: acey33 on June 09, 2014, 11:50:11 am
Going off of past history @ the UA with that size we'll turn him into a DE once he puts on some more weight

Hard to make that comparison. Completely different defensive coaching staff. Smith told him they want him at OLB, so that's where I'll put my trust. Not saying they won't put him on the line, but I'm going with lb. Putting 60 lbs on a kid is a lot harder than putting 20 lbs on him

The_Iceman

Derrick Graham ‏@Mrperfection352 4m

UF offered.. anythings possibly with the man above... #blessed #ChasingDreams