Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 First Year Player Draft

Started by ucahogfan, June 04, 2014, 05:18:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseehogwild

Question? Did Suggs get drafted by Marlins last year also? If so BA  could be reunited with a teammate.

ucahogfan

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on June 06, 2014, 12:39:36 pm
Question? Did Suggs get drafted by Marlins last year also? If so BA  could be reunited with a teammate.
Yep, 73rd overall.

SPAL

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 06, 2014, 12:36:34 pm
Yep, go Braves!

Same with Zack Cox who is in the Marlins farm system as well.

Well earned +1, sir.

ucahogfan

The Tigers select South Carolina C Grayson Greiner with the 99th overall pick.  The Tigers really like taking SEC players.

JonClaudeVanHam

Detroit takes Greyson Greiner.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

booogaga

Well still no signees drafted and only one Hog. I wonder how bad that DUI is going to hurt Oliver.
GO HOGS!

ucahogfan

Missouri RHP Brett Graves selected 101st overall by the Oakland Athletics.

Baseball Hog

Quote from: booogaga on June 06, 2014, 12:44:56 pm
Well still no signees drafted and only one Hog. I wonder how bad that DUI is going to hurt Oliver.

Probably cost him half a million at this point.

jbell96

Quote from: dotnet on June 06, 2014, 12:10:04 pm
Cox is doing pretty well in triple A right now.  I think he has a 825+ OPS.  He isn't really young for the level anymore.. but he still has a chance to make it..

Up until recently, he'd been really struggling at the plate, but he's hitting .448 in his last 10 games to get his average up to .284.

SPAL

Quote from: booogaga on June 06, 2014, 12:44:56 pm

Oliver will get picked in the next 7-10 picks

ucahogfan

Well, 3 rounds done and still no signees selected.  Keeping those fingers crossed.

booogaga

My Cardinals have now drafted 5 straight pitchers.
GO HOGS!

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 06, 2014, 12:50:50 pm
Well, 3 rounds done and still no signees selected.  Keeping those fingers crossed.

Definitely, good so far.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

booogaga

Three rounds down and no signees drafted. Bad for them Good for us.
GO HOGS!

JonClaudeVanHam

I really think the fact that McKinney hasn't been picked is due to his commitment to us.

ucahogfan

Texas A&M RHP Daniel Mengden selected by his hometown team the Houston Astros with the 1st pick of the 4th round and 106th overall.

SPAL

Braves took a big RHP from UNC-Greensboro, max povse. 6-7 220.

Baseball Hog

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on June 06, 2014, 12:53:46 pm
I really think the fact that McKinney hasn't been picked is due to his commitment to us.

Without a doubt.

JonClaudeVanHam

Cubs are up next. Everyone hold your breath.

ucahogfan

NC State C Brett Austin is the 3rd player from NC State selected as he goes to the White Sox in the 4th round (108th overall).  He was a Supplemental 1st round pick in 2011 who went to college.

Kevin

Would Oliver think about coming back
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Baseball Hog

Phew.  Missed the cubbies this round.

ucahogfan

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on June 06, 2014, 12:56:26 pm
Cubs are up next. Everyone hold your breath.
The Cubs take Florida HS LHP Carson Sands.  He was considered somewhat of a tough sign and is a FSU signee.

JonClaudeVanHam

Cubs take a guy that I was hoping would fall to the Mets.

But its not McKinney!

Baseball Hog

Quote from: Kevin on June 06, 2014, 12:56:51 pm
Would Oliver think about coming back

Doubt it.  300k is better than 20k.

Kevin

Did Dvh say if hentges didn't go in first three rounds, he told them he would come to campus
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

JonClaudeVanHam

I can't believe Oliver has fallen this far.

Scott7703

Quote from: Baseball Hog on June 06, 2014, 12:57:23 pm
Phew.  Missed the cubbies this round.

How are you feeling now about our chances of keeping our top high school guys?

ucahogfan

Quote from: Kevin on June 06, 2014, 12:58:46 pm
Did Dvh say if hentges didn't go in first three rounds, he told them he would come to campus
Yeah.  Still need to watch out for a team like the Cubs who should have some money to spend.

SPAL

Baseball Hog

Quote from: Scott7703 on June 06, 2014, 12:59:46 pm
How are you feeling now about our chances of keeping our top high school guys?

Pretty good.  McKinney is plummeting due to signability, let him continue to fall.

Baseball Hog

booogaga

Chris Oliver going to the Phillies
GO HOGS!

JonClaudeVanHam

Chris Oliver to the Phillies! Damn it! I hate the Phillies!

Congrats to Chris.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Baseball Hog on June 06, 2014, 01:01:13 pm
Oliver to the Phills.
Why must the Hogs go to NL East rivals?  Plus, Oliver has to be teammates with Nola.

tennesseehogwild

SPAL

Unbelievable....

Could NL east rival teams please quit drafting razorbacks....

Congrats Chris Oliver

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 06, 2014, 01:02:28 pm
Why must the Hogs go to NL East rivals?  Plus, Oliver has to be teammates with Nola.

At least it wasn't the Braves.  ;)

ucahogfan

Brian Anderson @AndersonBrian01     ·   7m   

Huge thanks to my friends, teammates, and coaches that helped make this moment possible for me #blessed

Full Story on Anderson's Selection - http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=209517977

Baseball Hog

467K Slot for Oliver.

He was projected for a 1.1m slot before the arrest.

Kevin

Congrats to both Brian & Chris

SPAL

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on June 06, 2014, 01:03:11 pm
At least it wasn't the Braves.  ;)

Oh look, a Mets fan....here I thought Oliver Miller was our Hogville Resident metropolitan.

ucahogfan

tennesseehogwild

ucahogfan

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 06, 2014, 01:05:55 pm
Oh look, a Mets fan....here I thought Oliver Miller was our Hogville Resident metropolitan.

;D

RazorPiggie

SPAL

JonClaudeVanHam

If Bonfield isn't picked soon we also must assume that he is also sliding due to signability.

ucahogfan

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on June 06, 2014, 01:12:23 pm
If Bonfield isn't picked soon we also must assume that he is also sliding due to signability.
Yep.  Good point.