Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nick Gibson RB....

Started by secneahog, June 04, 2014, 01:07:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Just a lil update on his camp at Alabama. Shows how Saban likes to recruit.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Gibson-works-out-for-Tide-staff-28964078
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ADavisTheGOAT

He's never going to play LOL.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

The_Iceman

Wish we could land this kid. We need someone in line after Collins and Williams.

ifghog

Yeah I hope the other guy commits first to Bama! LOL!

secneahog

We're going to get a stud rb in this class.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Ironhawg

Wonder if he got a chance to talk to Tenpenny while he was there?

yraciv

They've already landed this guy who looks pretty good.
http://247sports.com/Player/Desherrius-Flowers-21226

Pretty safe Bama to assume Bama will always be 8 deep at tailback under Saban.

rzrbk4life

Quote from: yraciv on June 05, 2014, 01:01:30 am
They've already landed this guy who looks pretty good.
http://247sports.com/Player/Desherrius-Flowers-21226

Pretty safe Bama to assume Bama will always be 8 deep at tailback under Saban.

Running Back U. The more reason he should come here
Let's call those hogs!!!!

whosiskid

Quote from: rzrbk4life on June 05, 2014, 08:41:01 am
Running Back U.

And yet, how few Alabama running backs make it to the NFL. Even Trent Richardson has failed to impress.  So at most it an institution that excels at producing COLLEGE running backs. It isn't like the Tide is a great conduit to the NFL. 
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

bennyl08

Quote from: whosiskid on June 05, 2014, 08:55:16 am
And yet, how few Alabama running backs make it to the NFL. Even Trent Richardson has failed to impress.  So at most it an institution that excels at producing COLLEGE running backs. It isn't like the Tide is a great conduit to the NFL.

Yeah, but Trent has had two first round picks used on him...
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorkRinds

Quote from: whosiskid on June 05, 2014, 08:55:16 am

Wouldn't that reflect more of the NFL's moving away from using RB's as much more than it would Bama's inability to produce NFL caliber backs?  I personally think they run their backs into the ground, which should give kids some pause, but I think they can produce NFL talent there without a doubt.  Getting to the league isn't the same thing as making it in the league, and it's only the school's job to GET them there.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 05, 2014, 03:09:48 pm
Wouldn't that reflect more of the NFL's moving away from using RB's as much more than it would Bama's inability to produce NFL caliber backs?  I personally think they run their backs into the ground, which should give kids some pause, but I think they can produce NFL talent there without a doubt.  Getting to the league isn't the same thing as making it in the league, and it's only the school's job to GET them there.
No.

The NFL teams that have top RB's use them.  Richardson (and many other Bama backs recently) just aren't as good as advertised. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

Hawgzinbowlz

"... He said it's me and another guy on his top list. Between me and him, it's really going to depend ..."

Nicks fishin', and he's got the trophies on display.
5'-11" and 195 is average SEC size. It's good to be in the conversation and let's go bowling. Bowling would improve our chances when we go fishin'.
86 DAYS AND COUNTING

" GO HOGS "