Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog prospects at 7 on 7

Started by Optimus Swine, June 03, 2014, 11:34:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimus Swine

I went to watch my son play 7 on 7 in Panama, OK tonight.  Two Hog prospects were on the field, Austin Cantrell of Roland and McKinley Whitfield from Spiro.

Cantrell seemed a touch shy of the reported 6'3" although I tend to misjudge these short guys.  He also seemed a little lighter than the 249 pounds the recruiting sites have him listed at.  All that said he is one heck of an athlete.  Very Fast, and seemed to get up to speed quick.  Pretty agile, and did not drop a ball that I saw except in warm ups.  He caught everything away from his body with soft hands

Whitfield is also a great athlete.  I never really saw him flash any breakaway speed, but he separated from defenders, especially vertically, while he was at receiver.  At Quarterback his arm strength was pretty awesome.  He seemed to effortlessly flick the ball 50 yds. with great accuracy.  Showed some good touch on crossing routes and hitting backs out of the backfield.  I don't think the Hogs are recruiting him at QB but I was impressed none the less. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.
Yogi Berra

redeye