Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prep school coming to LR

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 02, 2014, 02:56:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorPiggie

Interesting. Should help right?

The Recruiting Guy

Should. I would imagine Arkansas and others will see how they do before jumping onboard.

twistitup

Just another to take kids money while making them believe they may be good enough to play major college / pro ball. These guys profit off of the unrealistic dreams of young men.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

SquidBilly

Quote from: twistitup on June 02, 2014, 03:36:29 pm
Just another to take kids money while making them believe they may be good enough to play major college / pro ball. These guys profit off of the unrealistic dreams of young men.

Not all do.  They can be a good alternative to juco for guys who just need extra class work to qualify.  If you have to go juco you are stuck there two years, with prep school you can go one, get the academics in order, then get recruited.

Vantage 8 dude

Not necessarily. If it offers a viable alternative to going the juco route and still gives a young man a legitimate shot of going to a college to not only get a degree but to potentially play more football then it seems to me it's a legitimate option. BTW if you want to take your "guys profit off of the unrealistic dreams of young men" as you say this COULD be said for many kids who trying to get into college and play D1 or whatever other level of ball. There are always going to be kids who have dreams that don't necessarily meet reality.

sickboy

You're describing college football. Delete "major college" from your statement and it's exactly what the NCAA and colleges are doing.

twistitup

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on June 02, 2014, 09:49:20 pm
You're describing college football. Delete "major college" from your statement and it's exactly what the NCAA and colleges are doing.

Yes and most are given a schollie (they should be paid too)- is this school offering schollies or do kids pay to play?

onebadrubi

I believe, but not positive, that this is something Pruitt could benefit from! 

twistitup

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 02, 2014, 10:17:21 pm
I believe, but not positive, that this is something Pruitt could benefit from! 

Or he could actually go somewhere already established... This place is holding open tryouts, you think Pruitt would be interested?

That's a joke right?

onebadrubi

Quote from: twistitup on June 02, 2014, 10:20:50 pm
Or he could actually go somewhere already established... This place is holding open tryouts, you think Pruitt would be interested?

That's a joke right?

I'm saying if it were established, sorry for not being more clear.  Kids like pruitt, who lack just a couple classes or something, could take a route like this and then have 4 to play 4, I believe, instead of hte juco route which at best is 3 to play 2. 

redleg

What will the prep school be called, what is its' mascot, and where will the school be located?
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

linkshog

They just need to go ahead and make this happen through Pulaski Tech.  It's the largest 2 year school in the state.  They should probably just go ahead and give them a Juco baseball and basketball team.  Plenty of facilities available for all sports.  Of course it always comes down to money.  Sevral years ago Charles Ripley tried to get it going and was shot down.  If he couldnt get it set up i'm afraid it will never happen.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -