Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Whitt commits to Arkansas

Started by HawgAdvocate, June 02, 2014, 10:32:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty

jbcarol

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 07, 2014, 07:19:42 pm
"About a decade at most."

Well, we are talking about a 17 year old kid here. That's a pretty significant portion of Whitt's time on Earth and probably the most signification portion to date.

Gabe DeArmond @GabeDeArmond  ·  22m
Whitt cites relationship with Mike Anderson and Melvin Watkins.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HawgnCorona

August 19, 2014, 05:36:51 pm #502 Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:51:18 pm by HawgnCorona
Quote from: mizzouman on August 19, 2014, 05:07:02 pm
Congrats!!  The kid made a tough decision today.  Easy thing would have been to pick Mizzou, but he didn’t.  He should do well at Arkansas.

Thanks Mzzu man u are a class act...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

jbcarol

Dave Matter @Dave_Matter  ·  7m
Jimmy Whitt says he's known Mike Anderson & Melvin Watkins since 3rd grade. Those relationships played a big factor in decision.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

trashcan maN

Alot of tears on Mizzou board if anyone wants to go bathe in them.

Tigerboard.com

HawgnCorona

I think we almost took down Recruit Forum on this one...I think we all needed this to happen!

RazorBassin

HawgnCorona

Quote from: mizzouman on August 19, 2014, 04:54:29 pm
Yeah, great hire.  We'll just have to see how it pans out.

He(Fulford) is good at building relationships with these guys,right.  So Im thinking he should be a force for you guys going forward.

PorkRinds

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 19, 2014, 05:38:33 pm

Tigerboard.com

Lol. They're talking about Anderson getting fired and Whitt flipping to mizzou. That crap forum is hard to read, but hilarious.

TexasRazorback

HawgnCorona

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 19, 2014, 05:38:33 pm

Tigerboard.com

Yep, but I wont say anything cause it could been us...Although they have on here looking in all morning. they saw this coming>

jbcarol

Austin Kim @AustinKKim  ·  24m
Whitt said the decision really came down to #Mizzou and Arkansas

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 19, 2014, 05:47:29 pm
Lol. They're talking about Anderson getting fired and Whitt flipping to mizzou. That crap forum is hard to read, but hilarious.
Ha!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

-Blu

Yea, I didn't know they were that "crazy".  I mean when we missed out on Allen, who this staff put in more time recruiting than their staff has with Whitt, we had a few guys upset, but they are just going all out over there in Mizzou.  I read one guy say that he's going to be refereeing some of Jimmy's games this year and he isn't going to get a single call from him.  Seen a guy starting rumors about his personal life, and just a lot of slander towards him.  That's a really bad look.  I don't even think we got as bad as them when we lost out on Josh Frazier.

jbcarol

Quote from: Sawyer on August 05, 2014, 01:22:59 am
Official visit schedule is set for all five:

@JimmyWhitt33: It's set!
Official visits:
Sept 5th-7th Marquette
Sept 13th-15th Illinois
Sept 19th-21st SMU
Oct 10th-12th Arkansas
Oct 25th-27th Mizzou

Whoever gets him will be very happy for the next four years.

Steve Walentik @Steve_Walentik  ·  46m
Whitt said he didn't want to string any coaches along, so he moved up his decision.

fakebobholt

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on August 19, 2014, 04:26:34 pm
My sources say Whitt not committing to the Hogs.

Why people make up stories like this is beyond me. You didnt have a source, just like most other sources you tried to act like you knew something. You had him going to a school that wasnt even on him. High 5 to your source.

Arazorbackguy1

That board is horrible.  Missouri needs common core in a bad way!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HawgnCorona

August 19, 2014, 06:02:19 pm #518 Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:40:04 am by HawgnCorona
Thoughtful young man...Gosh he could really help to elevate this program if he stays healthy for 4 yrs.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: -Blu on August 19, 2014, 05:58:46 pm
Yea, I didn't know they were that "crazy".  I mean when we missed out on Allen, who this staff put in more time recruiting than their staff has with Whitt, we had a few guys upset, but they are just going all out over there in Mizzou.  I read one guy say that he's going to be refereeing some of Jimmy's games this year and he isn't going to get a single call from him.  Seen a guy starting rumors about his personal life, and just a lot of slander towards him.  That's a really bad look.  I don't even think we got as bad as them when we lost out on Josh Frazier.

Go back and look at the posts on the board when we lost DGB a few years ago.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

-Blu

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on August 19, 2014, 06:05:16 pm
Go back and look at the posts on the board when we lost DGB a few years ago.

I heard about the DGB situation didn't follow football recruiting much then, I'm really just now starting to follow a little bit of football recruiting since Bielma has joined staff.  However on DGB, I'm assuming we had been recruiting him longer than 4 months right?  Haith and his Mizzou staff didn't recruit Whitt only this staff that just got hired did, we have been believed to be the favorites for Whitt for at least over a year, and been recruiting him since the 9th grade, they are getting overly upset for losing a race they arrived late to.

jbcarol

Quote from: -Blu on August 19, 2014, 06:11:11 pm
I heard about the DGB situation didn't follow football recruiting much then, I'm really just now starting to follow a little bit of football recruiting since Bielma has joined staff.  However on DGB, I'm assuming we had been recruiting him longer than 4 months right?  Haith and his Mizzou staff didn't recruit Whitt only this staff that just got hired did, we have been believed to be the favorites for Whitt for at least over a year, and been recruiting him since the 9th grade, they are getting overly upset for losing a race they arrived late to.

Steve Walentik @Steve_Walentik  ·  1h
Whitt said #Mizzou recruited him hard after Kim Anderson's hiring.

Austin Kim @AustinKKim  ·  46m
For MU fans, Whitt said his relationship with Kim Anderson was stronger than his relationship with Frank Haith. Said MU made strong case

jbcarol

Jimmy Buckets @JimmyWhitt33  ·  54m
Blessed to say that I have verbally committed to The University of Arkansas for basketball #woopigsooie right? 😏haha

BigSexyHog

Awesome to have him part of the program.   Can't wait to see him in action.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jbcarol

Jimmy Buckets @JimmyWhitt33  ·  8s
Thank you too everyone that has supported me throughout my career and my decision today. Don't realize how much that means to me.

redeye

Quote from: Etowah on August 19, 2014, 08:32:43 am
Understand..but it was me.  And just as I told you in the Wallace situation, hope I don't get blasted if it turns out wrong, but my sources are pretty solid in St. Louis and Mid Missouri  area.  I was using  a different name then.  I changed my handle to honor an  Uncle who the biggest Hog fan in NEArk, from a little town of Etowah...who passed away a few months ago..before I was 3WayInn.  They also were the one's that told me that Rafe Peavy had wavered in his commitment last fall and called the Missouri coach's about visiting.  That was true as well.  They could be wrong here, but I don't think so.  We'll find out today.  But I am feeling good.  And...Whitt is a solid player and a solid character kid.  We are going to love him.

And you were right, again.  Next time, I'll keep my mouth shut and just be thankful that you're sharing honest information.

+1 to you.

UNCLE BACK

About two weeks ago Witt told some folks at an AAU tourney that he was not coming. He probably was throwing out a smoke stack. He said that Kansas had made an offer.

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on August 19, 2014, 04:26:34 pm
My sources say Whitt not committing to the Hogs.

Sources, we don't need no stinking sources.

-Blu

Quote from: redeye on August 19, 2014, 07:03:33 pm
And you were right, again.  Next time, I'll keep my mouth shut and just be thankful that you're sharing honest information.

+1 to you.

Etowah was the first person to step out and confirm Whitt was going to the Hogs.  +1 to him.  Everybody else just kinda came out after it was almost a sure bet. 

ldfergu

siap       http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/Commits

I knew he was a big time player but didn't realize his 247 composite score was 97

SemperFi

This is awesome news. Welcome to our a Razorback family Jimmy Whitt! WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Uncle SI

Very exciting player. Welcome Jimmy.
Can you imagine the hard matchups teams would face if we land Monk also.
Some great hog basketball is right around the corner.
First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

Jek Tono Porkins

Big Get! Kudos to MA & co for pulling this one in. A few more recruits like this and we will be in business.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

dhornjr1

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 19, 2014, 08:29:20 pm
BBsheman can suck it...
I made the same prediction. The difference is that I didn't feel the need to make mine a guarantee. You knew no more about him than you did Thomas and you went 1 for 2 on the so called guarantees. No one said the phony guarantees didn't come out the right way at times.

Just enjoy that MA landed a great player and drop the petty stuff.

The real Hogules

Welcome to the Razorbacks family J.W.!
I can hardly wait to see you in Razorback Red!!!

Does anyone know how early a commit can sign an Financial Aid Agreement?

That way the coaches could comment on his commitment and would have unlimited contact with Jimmy.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

rzrbackramsfan

This is awesome!!!!! We can expect to be at the level were at for a few more years with the oppurtunity to keep getting better.  So pumped for what ma is doing right now.

Hawg Red

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on August 19, 2014, 07:04:50 pm
About two weeks ago Witt told some folks at an AAU tourney that he was not coming. He probably was throwing out a smoke stack. He said that Kansas had made an offer.

I understand the misunderstanding. You talking about Jimmy Witt. He did not commit and my sources say he never had a offer.

Good news is Jimmy Whitt did commit and we are absolutely ecstatic about it.

-Blu

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 19, 2014, 10:58:07 pm
I understand the misunderstanding. You talking about Jimmy Witt. He did not commit and my sources say he never had a offer.

Good news is Jimmy Whitt did commit and we are absolutely ecstatic about it.

LOL..... I see what you did there.

TheRazorback500

Nice to get some good news like this after a depressing start to the week. Go Hogs!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hawgzinbowlz

Great players attract other great players.
Welcome Mr. Whitt.

" GO HOGS "

BrooklynRoss

Whoa, we got this guy? Welcome to the team, Jimmy Whitt. This dude has been tearing it up in camps all summer. He's the 52nd best player in 2015 and rising. I wasn't expecting this. Nice.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

HawgnCorona

August 20, 2014, 02:59:55 am #545 Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:59:45 am by HawgnCorona
Quote from: -Blu on August 19, 2014, 07:09:57 pm
Etowah was the first person to step out and confirm Whitt was going to the Hogs.  +1 to him.  Everybody else just kinda came out after it was almost a sure bet. 

Etowah certainly did step out there and confirm but I think Porkatarian is in the mix too. He called it long before anybody. Not to take anything away from Etowah. He made the confirmation...

-Blu do you remember this thread?

Post #163-167

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=565362.msg8924909#msg8924909

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on August 19, 2014, 04:44:22 pm
Mizzu/Kansas is what I'm hearing.
Please post much less.   Thank you.

To the other Hogvillians who sniffed out that Whitt was a "yes" for the Hogs: Nice!  Hogville is the place to go for the latest, solid scoops.

intelligence

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 19, 2014, 03:51:02 am
Yea I guess you're right.  He could've visited to tell the coaches he's going to mizzou or any number of possibilities... Can't wait till 5!
Ha, turns out you were the one that's right. Huge get for our program +1 to u

The_Iceman

The_Iceman