Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Whitt commits to Arkansas

Started by HawgAdvocate, June 02, 2014, 10:32:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

-Blu

Quote from: RazorAg on July 17, 2014, 09:15:32 pm
That's a typo.

Ah ok.  I thought it was, but Dudley said it in the article so I thought maybe they had just updated it.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

RazorAg

Quote from: -Blu on July 17, 2014, 09:54:51 pm
Ah ok.  I thought it was, but Dudley said it in the article so I thought maybe they had just updated it.

Scout just updated their rankings a few weeks ago and he came in at 50. You're not a 5 star and rated 50th. That's for top 25 or thereabouts.

hawgchill

Quote from: -Blu on July 17, 2014, 09:54:51 pm
Blu,
  Love your insight and positivity on this site,
You've quickly joined Biggus/HA/RazorAG and more as hogvillian LEGENDS...

I'm one who really sees "chemistry"progress under Coach Anderson,
so i've tempered recruiting expectations until the Razorback BBall practice facility is completed...We've so far been able to aquire high energy,tough minded players, for now that's kinda good enough for this particular HogFanatic.

I do believe we'll see higher level players as we move forward,
N-O-T setting my watch for Jimmy Whitt though

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Sawyer on July 15, 2014, 02:41:58 pm
Because I don't put a whole lot of weight in a recruit dying to play for a team where his dad's friend is an assistant coach.

If this was a guy his dad grew up with, things might be different. Mike Anderson and Paul Pressey had a relationship going back 30+ years. Matt and Phil were essentially family. That kind of relationship would be huge for Arkansas, but there's a world of difference between "family friend" and "like family."

Ok, how about this.  MA is the only Coach that I have seen JW is following on Twitter...Fact.

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

jbcarol

Jimmy Whitt followed Shea Rush, Coach Mike Anderson and κiley weir

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HawgnCorona

Quote from: jbcarol on July 18, 2014, 08:25:45 pm
Jimmy Whitt followed Shea Rush, Coach Mike Anderson and κiley weir

That has got to have some significance, right? In his whole Twitter thread?
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

HawgAdvocate

GymRatInsider produced a new Whitt interview from this week's Under Armor event. After some initial questions about how he's played recently, Whitt discusses his need to develop into a PG due to his size, and mentions "SMU, Arkansas, and Illinois" as the schools who are recruiting him hardest.

http://www.gymratinsider.com/news-view/jimmy-whitt-uaa-day-2-interview/

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hawg Red

Major development -- Matt McQuaid has reopened his recruitment. Had previously committed to SMU. Like Whitt, big-time 2 guard in the 2015 class.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 20, 2014, 05:03:20 pm
Major development -- Matt McQuaid has reopened his recruitment. Had previously committed to SMU. Like Whitt, big-time 2 guard in the 2015 class.

They give a reason why he decommited?

Also, that's not good, means SMU will push even harder for Whitt now. 

Porked Tongue

You're overthinking it.  They can't try harder.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 20, 2014, 05:03:20 pm

Apparently he wants to make use of his official visits to make sure he knows what he's missing out on elsewhere. Smart thinking. 
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

Indiana is making a late push to get in on Whitt, though they haven't yet offered him a scholarship. He's got plenty of family ties from within the state, though IU didn't appear to make him a priority early in the spring. With his rise since then though, Indiana sees a chance to capitalize on some family connections.

He still lists "SMU, Arkansas, Missouri, Creighton, Colorado, Marquette, Memphis, Illinois" as the programs that are recruiting him.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/07/24/four-star-guard-jimmy-whitt-hearing-from-indiana-a-lot/

azhog10

Looks like Indiana is trying to cast a line at about any decent guard they can. They ACTUALLY offered McQuaid......Whitt must still be down on their board.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/07/24/report-indiana-offers-2015-guard-matt-mcquaid/

HawgnCorona

I dont think IU has offered him yet...

Porked Tongue

IU can offer all they want, it's either SMU or Ark.  All the rest is for show.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 24, 2014, 05:30:02 pm

This, right here...

The Hogfather

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 24, 2014, 05:30:02 pm

Really hope we get him.  I'm a little worried.

mbgrulz

How I imagine Larry Brown as a recruiter...Seriously though if Whitt played all 4 years for him, he'd be nearly 80. Not sure I'd bet my college career on him being there that long.

Sawyer

Quote from: HawgnCorona on July 18, 2014, 07:05:57 pm
Ok, how about this.  MA is the only Coach that I have seen JW is following on Twitter...Fact.

Other head coaches Whitt follows on twitter (in no particular order, from just a quick glance through his profile):

Steve Wojciechowski
Kim Anderson
Cuonzo Martin
John Groce
Danny Manning
Frank Haith

Along with several assistants from those schools and more.

mhuff

Quote from: mbgrulz on July 27, 2014, 02:38:43 pm

How I imagine Larry Brown as a recruiter...Seriously though if Whitt played all 4 years for him, he'd be nearly 80. Not sure I'd bet my college career on him being there that long.

+1 on comment and cartoon

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: mbgrulz on July 27, 2014, 02:38:43 pm

He must have "Muscl-ey" arms...

I love the repoire he has with Manuel Watkins.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgAdvocate

Whitt is set to take an unoffical visit to Illinois this coming weekend (August 1st).

jbcarol

Jimmy Whitt @JimmyWhitt33  ·  Jul 28
Get back to como to realize I wasn't missing out on anything 😑 #bored

jbcarol

"My recruitment right now is going pretty smooth. I'm getting looked at by Arkansas, SMU, Illinois, Marquette, Memphis, Wake Forest—schools like that," he said. "There's no schools standing out right now. I'll probably narrow it down—since the season is over—in August and narrow it down to the schools I like."

QuoteHe plans to make his decision before the start of his high school season, and there are quite a few things that he's looking for at the next level.

"A team that plays up-tempo basketball and somewhere I can go fit in. Somewhere I can come in and make an instant impact with my game, and get some minutes and help the team win," Whitt said. "Just a great coach and somewhere that is going to develop me to my fullest potential so I can go as far as I can with basketball. And just a great atmosphere."

There has been a lot of talk about whether Whitt will pick a school where he can come in and play point guard. As for the high school season, Whitt said he would likely play the off-guard with 2017 point guard Chase Thomas making the move up to varsity.

-Blu

Quote from: jbcarol on July 29, 2014, 09:46:20 pm
"A team that plays up-tempo basketball and somewhere I can go fit in. Somewhere I can come in and make an instant impact with my game, and get some minutes and help the team win," Whitt said. "Just a great coach and somewhere that is going to develop me to my fullest potential so I can go as far as I can with basketball. And just a great atmosphere."

Sounds like he's describing Arkansas.  Can't play much faster or "Up-Tempo" than we do.  And the atmosphere at Bud Walton is amazing.   Also, he would see significant minutes his freshman year, probably would be the first guard off the bench, and if he pans out as planned, should be starting his sophomore year, because we'll lose both Bell and Durham.  Would just leave him, Anton Beard, and Nick Babb as the returning guards.  Seems like a perfect situation for him here at Arkansas.

The Hogfather

Quote from: -Blu on July 29, 2014, 10:53:11 pm
Sounds like he's describing Arkansas.  Can't play much faster or "Up-Tempo" than we do.  And the atmosphere at Bud Walton is amazing.   Also, he would see significant minutes his freshman year, probably would be the first guard off the bench, and if he pans out as planned, should be starting his sophomore year, because we'll lose both Bell and Durham.  Would just leave him, Anton Beard, and Nick Babb as the returning guards.  Seems like a perfect situation for him here at Arkansas.

Definitely a perfect fit.  Hope he sees it as well.

Hawg Red

The more and more he actually talks about what he wants in a school, the more and more this "no one is really standing out" line sounds like recruit-speak. You guys know me -- I'm not afraid to be pessimistic, especially about recruiting, but I think this kid will be a Hog. I think he really likes what we offer. Very familiar with the staff and style of play, and we've been on him as long or longer than anyone.

I'm not saying I think his mind is made up, I just think I know what conclusion he'll come to when he makes up his mind.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 30, 2014, 10:56:45 am
The more and more he actually talks about what he wants in a school, the more and more this "no one is really standing out" line sounds like recruit-speak. You guys know me -- I'm not afraid to be pessimistic, especially about recruiting, but I think this kid will be a Hog. I think he really likes what we offer. Very familiar with the staff and style of play, and we've been on him as long or longer than anyone.

I'm not saying I think his mind is made up, I just think I know what conclusion he'll come to when he makes up his mind.

I really hope you're right.  He'd be a perfect fit.  I really like his game.

The_Iceman

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 30, 2014, 11:58:25 am
I really hope you're right.  He'd be a perfect fit.  I really like his game.

He and Melvin Frazier would be a great combo for us.

hogfreak

Jimmy is down to 9 schools and Arkansas is one of them. Per twitter

ricepig

Quote from: hogfreak on July 30, 2014, 01:26:19 pm

Wake me up when he's down to two, and we're one of them.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2014, 01:29:51 pm
Wake me up when he's down to two, and we're one of them.

I second the motion.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hawg Red

We're essentially in his top 5 based on the fact that we will be receiving an official visit, and you could say we are in his top 2 since Arkansas and SMU are the only schools he's said are definitely getting officials.

jbcarol

Quote from: hogfreak on July 30, 2014, 01:26:19 pm

Jimmy Whitt @JimmyWhitt33  ·  8h
Thanks to all the schools that recruited me, hard decision but I narrowed my list to these schools. #Alphabetical 🙏🙌🏀

jbcarol

Jimmy Whitt @JimmyWhitt33  ·  14h

S/O to the day 1s that still show they support much love to y'all

Waldron_Hog

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on July 31, 2014, 03:21:59 pm
What does that mean?

Arkansas lock.

Just kidding. I read that 3 times and I am still not sure what was said

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 31, 2014, 03:36:40 pm
Arkansas lock.

Just kidding. I read that 3 times and I am still not sure what was said

I used to speak slang in high school, so I'll take a shot.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the people who have been here by my side since the beginning. You have supported me through so much, and I won't forget you. I love you all and thanks for supporting me."
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on July 31, 2014, 04:02:43 pm
I used to speak slang in high school, so I'll take a shot.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the people who have been here by my side since the beginning. You have supported me through so much, and I won't forget you. I love you all and thanks for supporting me."

I like Arkansas Lock better

-Blu

New Video from Jimmy Whitt.

Looking real good for Arkansas, aiming for visit Aug 15-16.

http://www.abc17news.com/sports/summer-catchup-with-jimmy-whitt/27250024

and thanks to RazorAG for the link.

mhuff

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 03, 2014, 11:28:31 am
Curious to know how Porkatarian feels about our chances currently. Seemed pretty confident before Whitt started blowing up.

It will be interesting to see how many tunes change about losing KeVaughn Allen hurting if we lose out on Whitt.

Nobody wants us to lose out on any of these guys. Real important how we recruit every year.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: -Blu on July 31, 2014, 09:07:43 pm
New Video from Jimmy Whitt.

Looking real good for Arkansas, aiming for visit Aug 15-16.

http://www.abc17news.com/sports/summer-catchup-with-jimmy-whitt/27250024

and thanks to RazorAG for the link.

Let me summarize an exchange in that video. Reporter: did you grow up a mizzou fan? Jimmy Whitt: I grew up a mike anderson and staff fan.

mhuff

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 30, 2014, 02:23:05 pm
We're essentially in his top 5 based on the fact that we will be receiving an official visit, and you could say we are in his top 2 since Arkansas and SMU are the only schools he's said are definitely getting officials.

At this time..... Sounds promising though.

lumphog

Survey says...............He's a Hog

mhuff