Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Class of 2017 Cabot QB

Started by Peter Porker, June 02, 2014, 04:58:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

June 02, 2014, 04:58:40 am Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:32:55 am by Peter Porker
I've posted a few kids in the past that are 2017 Cabot athletes.  Here's another.  His name is Jarrod Barnes. Coach Malham says he'll be the first big-time Div. 1 QB he's ever had. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3205856/highlights/71841375
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Posted a direct link to his highlights instead of his profile in the OP.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

pillowhog

If Hatfield gets hired back sign him up at QB.  Looks like stud DB or WR to me

pillowhog

Sadly this kid playing in Cabots system has no chance playing D1 QB unless its at the academies or Georgia Tech

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: pillowhog on June 02, 2014, 10:33:13 am
Sadly this kid playing in Cabots system has no chance playing D1 QB unless its at the academies or Georgia Tech
A recruit can throw it 3 times a game for his career but if he's good enough in camps and 7 on 7 the D1 schools will find him and will offer him. The type of offense a recruit plays in is the most meaningless aspect of recruiting. It's about size, tools, skill set, and overall demeanor. Of course they also have to qualify.

That being said, IDK if this kid has the ability, size etc.

pillowhog

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on June 02, 2014, 10:45:47 am
A recruit can throw it 3 times a game for his career but if he's good enough in camps and 7 on 7 the D1 schools will find him and will offer him. The type of offense a recruit plays in is the most meaningless aspect of recruiting. It's about size, tools, skill set, and overall demeanor. Of course they also have to qualify.
And playing in Cabot's system he isnt gonna get the reps.  Fact.  Plus the kid isnt built like a QB anyway

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: pillowhog on June 02, 2014, 10:50:13 am
And playing in Cabot's system he isnt gonna get the reps.  Fact.  Plus the kid isnt built like a QB anyway
He looks small to me....but it doesn't matter where you play. Hypothetical here....Matthew Stafford(The recruit) comes through Cabot. He has all the tools....size, big arm, etc. We all know Mike isn't going to quit running that Power I. So Matthew makes the camps and plays 7 on 7. Every D1 school in the country would take a hard look and 30-40 would offer. How many times a recruit throws the ball in a high school football game doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Edit: What I'm saying here doesn't pertain to this particular Cabot player. It's just pertaining to the comment that playing at a school that doesn't display your skill set is a killer to your recruiting.

We all know or played for those bull headed high school coaches that won't change. That doesn't have an impact on recruiting, if the recruits parents, coaches, and the recruit are willing to put in the work during the summer. Like the old saying goes "If you're good enough they'll notice you or find you."

ricepig

Cabot doesn't run the power I, that would be an improvement.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2014, 11:04:40 am
Diamond t, power I, wishbone, flexbone, dead t..........whatever

Muleriderhog

He won't be a quarterback in college but he could be a defensive back also he will grow in size he is only a 9th grader a lot of growth can happen between now and his senior year. And Malham probably won't be in Cabot anymore by 2017.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

If he wants to be a college QB, he needs to pull a Bryce Petty and get away from that Malham offense.
ched come back pls

Peter Porker

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2014, 11:04:40 am

What does Jonesboro run? Oh wait no one cares.

Peter Porker

Quote from: HogsnCards on June 02, 2014, 11:16:04 am
If he wants to be a college QB, he needs to pull a Bryce Petty and get away from that Malham offense.

Bryce Petty's dad got a job transfer to Midlothian, Texas. That's why he left.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 02, 2014, 11:17:51 am
What does Jonesboro run? Oh wait no one cares.

We've had a lot more D-I signee's  than Cabot, someone cares.

Peter Porker

Quote from: razorbacks95 on June 02, 2014, 11:10:14 am
He won't be a quarterback in college but he could be a defensive back also he will grow in size he is only a 9th grader a lot of growth can happen between now and his senior year. And Malham probably won't be in Cabot anymore by 2017.

I was told his dad 6'4"-6'5".

I watched spring ball and on one play the kid rolls left and throws it left handed for a 20 yard strike. I asked his mom  if he was left handed.  She said, No, he's been practicing throwing it with either hand."

Peter Porker

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2014, 11:19:29 am
We've had a lot more D-I signee's  than Cabot, someone cares.

And no championships to show for it in how many DECADES?

Your stud runningback hurried up and fled Jonesboro.

CabotHog87

Hope he gets some opportunities but as history shows Cabot isn't churning out D-1 signees year in year out.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 02, 2014, 11:21:44 am
And no championships to show for it in how many DECADES?

Your stud runningback hurried up and fled Jonesboro.

We're talking about D-I athletes/recruit's, not about poor coaching, haha. As far as the RB, they usually leave after they've been kicked off.

secneahog

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2014, 11:34:54 am
We're talking about D-I athletes/recruit's, not about poor coaching, haha. As far as the RB, they usually leave after they've been kicked off.

Nettleton has a nice looking safety.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

pillowhog

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on June 02, 2014, 11:06:15 am
Diamond t, power I, wishbone, flexbone, dead t..........whatever
LOL

pillowhog

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 02, 2014, 11:21:13 am
I was told his dad 6'4"-6'5".

I watched spring ball and on one play the kid rolls left and throws it left handed for a 20 yard strike. I asked his mom  if he was left handed.  She said, No, he's been practicing throwing it with either hand."
Oh had to repost this now I see where you said he wasnt left handed

pillowhog

Heck if the kid's dad is that tall he probably has a LOT of growing to do unless he married a midget.  Get that kid out of Cabot!

PorkRinds

This is a great argument for the recruiting forum. 

Peter Porker

Quote from: pillowhog on June 02, 2014, 02:17:43 pm
LOL ok I'm done with this debate.  Anyway back to this kid.  If this kid has the potential to be over 6ft2 it would be in his best interest to get out of Cabot in that offense.  How does Cabot even play 7 on 7 anyway?

You can throw the ball out of any offense. Plus, ay least he's taking snaps from center which is better than running a spread offense out of the shotgun. Remember how Tyler Wilson struggled to take a snap from center?) Early on?

hvsupastar

Jarrods mom is about 5'4, so not a midget but not really tall. He has a brother that is a year older with similar athleticism, both are dunking a bball at about 5 foot 8 and running  sub 4.7 in the fourty. Older brother has a lot of lazy mannerisms though, the drive for earning D1 scholarships might not be there. But their mom is paying for them to train and go to every camp they can to try and get better. We'll see how they fill out the next few years
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Rocky Mountain Living

Good luck to the kid

but I doubt a 5'9" 155lb ambidextrous QB is going to play SEC football anywhere

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpf_oxC6948

Peter Porker

Quote from: Up in the Rockies on June 02, 2014, 04:58:12 pm
Good luck to the kid

but I doubt a 5'9" 155lb ambidextrous QB is going to play SEC football anywhere

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpf_oxC6948

He was 5'9" in the 9th grade. He's not senior. Cone on, people.

The Boar War

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 02, 2014, 05:06:59 pm

Well....okay,

:)

#1 STUNNA

Warren just picked up a stud transfer and he will most likely be a sure thing d1 player

MH04

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on June 02, 2014, 08:46:47 pm
Warren just picked up a stud transfer and he will most likely be a sure thing d1 player

Awesome! Do you have a name?

baitshop

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 02, 2014, 02:35:31 pm
You can throw the ball out of any offense. Plus, ay least he's taking snaps from center which is better than running a spread offense out of the shotgun. Remember how Tyler Wilson struggled to take a snap from center?) Early on?

Ahh....so because this kid is taking snaps under center in high school, he has a leg up on Tyler Wilson when he was in high school...??

Yeah....that may be the biggest stretch that I have ever seen here on Hogville...

The biggest issue that your young man will face is that IF MM is his coach for all 3 years, he will have absolutely no idea how to read a defense in pass coverage....

I have two words for you....Gary Brashears

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

Peter Porker

Quote from: baitshop on June 02, 2014, 10:47:25 pm

Ahh....so because this kid is taking snaps under center in high school, he has a leg up on Tyler Wilson when he was in high school...??

Yeah....that may be the biggest stretch that I have ever seen here on Hogville...

The biggest issue that your young man will face is that IF MM is his coach for all 3 years, he will have absolutely no idea how to read a defense in pass coverage....

I have two words for you....Gary Brashears

Most kids that run the spread don't read defenses. They look to the sideline because their coach is reading it for them.

#1 STUNNA

baitshop

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 03, 2014, 03:01:35 am
Most kids that run the spread don't read defenses. They look to the sideline because their coach is reading it for them.

Not after the snap....I've seen Cabot play several times of the years....IF the QB isn't the ball carrier, he takes the snap, takes 3 or 4 steps and then watches until the other guy is tackled...a Cabot QB wouldn't have any idea about how to read a defensive back 7 after the snap
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

RNHog

A "Cabot recruit" in football. Now this is comedy folks.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hvsupastar on June 02, 2014, 03:13:50 pm
Jarrods mom is about 5'4, so not a midget but not really tall. He has a brother that is a year older with similar athleticism, both are dunking a bball at about 5 foot 8 and running  sub 4.7 in the fourty. Older brother has a lot of lazy mannerisms though, the drive for earning D1 scholarships might not be there. But their mom is paying for them to train and go to every camp they can to try and get better. We'll see how they fill out the next few years

Good mom...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Peter Porker

Quote from: baitshop on June 03, 2014, 04:22:57 pm
Not after the snap....I've seen Cabot play several times of the years....IF the QB isn't the ball carrier, he takes the snap, takes 3 or 4 steps and then watches until the other guy is tackled...a Cabot QB wouldn't have any idea about how to read a defensive back 7 after the snap

Name a dominant college QB from Fort Smith Southside not named Lunney.

Peter Porker

Ricepig must've sent baitshop a text.  Lol those fearlessfriday 7a clique boys.

RNHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 04, 2014, 04:35:40 am
Ricepig must've sent baitshop a text.  Lol those fearlessfriday 7a clique boys.

The sorority girl runs strong in ricepig.

ricepig

Quote from: RNHog on June 04, 2014, 08:28:09 am
The sorority girl runs strong in ricepig.

I have several, unlike you, now go clean out the bed pans.

RNHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 04, 2014, 10:17:13 am
I have several, unlike you, now go clean out the bed pans.

Man, that is one awesome comeback. I don't think I have EVER heard that one before.

Peter Porker

Quote from: RNHog on June 04, 2014, 10:35:02 am
Man, that is one awesome comeback. I don't think I have EVER heard that one before.

There's lots more of those over on the 7A board at fearlessfriday.com

RNHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 04, 2014, 12:30:30 pm
There's lots more of those over on the 7A board at fearlessfriday.com

Ignorant wit? Trust me, I have seen it before.

Hoggy

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 03, 2014, 06:04:30 pm
Name a dominant college QB from Fort Smith Southside not named Lunney.
Wait a minute Lunney was dominant?

root_hawg

Cabot doesn't play 7 on 7 so summer camps would be his only option plus Coach M will run him into the ground

pillowhog

Quote from: Peter Porker on June 02, 2014, 05:06:59 pm
exactly.  I was 5-5 in 9th grade now 6-5.  Look for the beard, if a kids got a beard he's done growing-see Ty Storey in 8th grade

root_hawg

Won't matter if he continues to play for Cabot

Peter Porker

Quote from: root_hawg on June 07, 2014, 02:52:42 pm
Cabot doesn't play 7 on 7 so summer camps would be his only option plus Coach M will run him into the ground

Cabot does play 7-on-7. Come out to CHS Wednesday at 4:30 and see.

Uninformed posters are the best.