Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayers requested

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, June 01, 2014, 09:23:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

First of all, I want to THANK all of you for allowing me to assist with the play-by play this season. It's been a blast! I also enjoyed doing the SEC Weekend Thread as it let me get my mind off things for awhile.

Earlier in the season I found out my wife had stage 4 recurrent cancer. She's a real fighter and true Hog fan and she has enjoyed watching me have fun on Hogville this year. We turned it over to GOD and know she will be fine, but there is going to be a long hard battle.

You're thoughts and prayers will be greatly appreciated.   

ricepig

ListenHereMister

ucahogfan

tophawg19

two of my friends have already beat cancer this year . praying for your wife also , GOD BLESS
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jfred59

popcornhog

I certainly hope she is alright.
WPS

Knot2brite

If this means anything to you or not I don't know but I hope that your wife beats cancer more than the Hogs win a CWS. Prayers brother
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

PonderinHog

Prayers for both of  you, ARK.

deucea729

Hate to hear that. Prayers being sent.

pigture perfect

Sure will pray. You have been such a great pbp guy this year. You seem almost like family, so I will pray like it. Keep us posted.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BigSexyHog

Will be sending prayers.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Westcoasthog

I am praying for your wife a complete recovery.

Razorbacks#1

In my thoughts and prayers as well my friend.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Wild Bill Hog

snoblind

snf6278

Prayers sent! My God lay his hand on you and your wife!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogtown1

hoglady

Prayers for strength and peace of mind for you and your wife.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TikiHog

k.c.hawg

Prayers sent for your wife, yourself and your family. My wife was diagnosed with stage IIIC Ovarian Cancer 2 years ago. The battle has been long, hard and relentless. As of last Wednesday all indications are she is cancer free but she will most likely remain in treatment the rest of her life. She is a huge sports fan and football, basketball and baseball have been our escape from it all. After 36 years of marriage, working side by side for 25 of those years, and being best friends, I thought I knew every single thing about her but I had no idea. Her strength, determination and toughness is something I cannot comprehend. It is a blessing. I send prayers for strength and peace of mind for your wife and yourself as you go down this road together.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

PorcineSublime

Prayers from Western Benton Co.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Prayers for you and her. I know how you're feeling and you're not alone. I'm watching and supporting my dad through it right now also.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

KCHOGFAN

Thanks for PBP this year.  Prayers sent for a complete recovery. 

woodrow hog call

Praying for your wife, and for you also, thank you for sharing and GOD bless.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

PeabodyHawg

Prayers sent A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S.

Stay strong for your wife and family and think positive.

We've come a long way in our ability to beat this terrible disease.  I've been through this with several loved ones.

jbcarol

Quote from: woodrow hog call on June 02, 2014, 07:08:06 am
Praying for your wife, and for you also, thank you for sharing and GOD bless.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

trippigs

Wishing the best for you and your wife. Glad that baseball proved therapeutic for you both. Great job doing pbps throughout the year.

pigelow

prayers sent my friend     :razorback:

hogwild32

Will be praying for you guys. Stay strong.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Prayers from our family to yours.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Hawgey-Davidson

Prayers sent to you and yours and all people who have been impacted with this dreadful disease. Lost my Pop nearly 2 years ago. Stay strong and love long.

Prayers to your wife and you.  I work with a young fellow with 4 children and brain cancer.  So far, so good for him.  I wish the best for your wife and keep fighting.

I appreciate the efforts you put into Hogville and the assistance you provide in making our gameday experience so much better.

SA Hog Fan

Willl be praying for you guys

Scott7703

Prayers for you my friend.

hoglady

And please keep us updated about your wife's condition (when and if you want).
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: hoglady on June 02, 2014, 12:12:35 pm
And please keep us updated about your wife's condition (when and if you want).
Will do and THANKS for all the kind words, thoughts and PRAYERS!

EI is a very special forum and rare these days in that people from all walks of life come together, with all kinds of different things going on in their lives, yet find ways to be civil and have great intelligent discussions about the best sport on earth. Sometimes the arguments get heated, but it's all good in the long run and probably makes for a better forum as long as we are passionate about the game and not intentionally trying to hurt someone. I tried to keep that in mind as the season went along because you never know what the person on the other side of the board is going through.

We love the way the "long timers", administrators and moderators stood together and protected EI during the post season and kept it the way it's meant to be.

Thanks again and we're praying for all of our EI family also.

barzrback

just read your post ... prayers for you, your wife, your family and the team of doctors that will be treating her!! 

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Wife wanted me to tell you guys that the prayers are working. She's resting better and we received news that there are signs that the treatment may be helping, at least to some extent. The next 4-5 weeks will tell us a lot. Thanks again!

SPAL

Prayers sent . Thanks for being a valuable member of the forum.

hoglady

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on June 16, 2014, 10:08:08 pm
Wife wanted me to tell you guys that the prayers are working. She's resting better and we received news that there are signs that the treatment may be helping, at least to some extent. The next 4-5 weeks will tell us a lot. Thanks again!

So glad to hear.
Keep the faith and we'll keep the prayers coming.

Hawk

Thank you for the update. My wife is a cancer survivor, her mother was not, passing away last July.

Our prayers are with your wife, you, and your family!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DLUXHOG

Just asked God for healing for your wife.   All the best.......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Maddhog

It takes a special kind of courage to keep up the fight against cancer.  My sincerest thoughts and prayers are with her and those who love her the most
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

jbell96

My prayers are with you friend, I can't imagine what you are going through.

Westcoasthog

Arkansas my prayers are with your wife in her stage  4 cancer recovery and
also prayers for yourself.

pigture perfect

Prayers coming from Zambia Africa.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoghappy

Been off the site for awhile, but was up praying and thought of your wife. Any new reports?