Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Commit?

Started by GEO-HOG, May 31, 2014, 12:29:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar War

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 31, 2014, 03:18:44 pm
Who called this huge?

Pat Jenkins (some sort of recruiting person) in another thread.

Look, again, this is nothing against the kid.  Just the way it was presented.  Think of it this way: Would it be huge news if we had just signed a two star with one year to play and one month to learn the play book?  That's welcome news and good for our o line depth but it's not huge news.

ricepig

Quote from: The Boar War on May 31, 2014, 03:26:26 pm

Look, again, this is nothing against the kid.  Just the way it was presented.  Think of it this way: Would it be huge news if we had just signed a two star with one year to play and one month to learn the play book?  That's welcome news and good for our o line depth but it's not huge news.

How was it presented? Maybe, it was taken as huge news, when it wasn't?? I think it fell victim to the normal hyperbole of HV.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: The Boar War on May 31, 2014, 03:26:26 pm

I seem to recall that it was a play on the word "huge"... Meaning we were going to get a physically large player, That's what I took from it though I am glad we we are adding depth at OL. Cheers dude..

The Boar War

Quote from: ricepig on May 31, 2014, 03:29:04 pm
How was it presented? Maybe, it was taken as huge news, when it wasn't?? I think it fell victim to the normal hyperbole of HV.

Well it was called huge news.  I chose to believe it and that's on me.

Razorbax

LOL, I picked him up this morning in my league....

Quote from: imtad16 on May 31, 2014, 03:08:06 pm

Don't worry... Be happy. It's Oscar Taveras call up day!

secneahog

Big pickup at oline! Wps
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

hogville38

Quote from: The Boar War on May 31, 2014, 03:33:52 pm
Well it was called huge news.  I chose to believe it and that's on me.
Geeze just crap all over some good news. He is a good player that can help right away. That's pretty damn good to me.

The Boar War

Quote from: hogville38 on June 01, 2014, 02:49:01 am
Geeze just crap all over some good news. He is a good player that can help right away. That's pretty damn good to me.

Yes.  It's good news.  I called it that.  I don't particularly think it's big or huge news.  Maybe it's just a matter or perception.  Our rivals just got a commitment from a 5 star qb.  That's huge recruiting news.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Boar War on June 01, 2014, 10:27:21 pm
Yes.  It's good news.  I called it that.  I don't particularly think it's big or huge news.  Maybe it's just a matter or perception.  Our rivals just got a commitment from a 5 star qb.  That's huge recruiting news.

I think only the OP in another thread called it huge news.

TheRazorback500

What would be huge is if he would solidify that left guard spot and help lead us to some wins! :razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

three hog night

He is a 3 year starter that is supposed to fill a void for just 1 year, and that is going to allow us to RS a Freshman.   I think it is a great development and it is a SIGNEE....not a commitment that can change.   Josh Wilson and Cameron Jefferson are big additions that were unexpected and will have an impact from Day 1.   The only thing bigger would be a transfer of a great Free Safety.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

redleg

Quote from: three hog night on June 02, 2014, 07:45:12 am
He is a 3 year starter that is supposed to fill a void for just 1 year, and that is going to allow us to RS a Freshman.   I think it is a great development and it is a SIGNEE....not a commitment that can change.   Josh Wilson and Cameron Jefferson are big additions that were unexpected and will have an impact from Day 1.   The only thing bigger would be a transfer of a great Free Safety.
It's Josh Williams, not Wilson...and Arkansas hasn't had great success with Juco signees and transfers. I hope they pan out and play well, but they will have so show it on the field for me to believe it.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

secneahog

Quote from: redleg on June 02, 2014, 12:28:40 pm
It's Josh Williams, not Wilson...and Arkansas hasn't had great success with Juco signees and transfers. I hope they pan out and play well, but they will have so show it on the field for me to believe it.

Well of course they will have to show it on the field to prove anything.  Is there any other way?.   . .

To soon to say if the juco routes haven't been good to Bielema and staff yet. I look for Spaight to have a great year.

When I talked to Coach Jennings he talked about Tevin first and Washington 2nd. He's another juco guy.

Josh williams will be the first juco kid that is from the south Florida area. Hopefully that helps with his athleticism. 

But I wouldn't say JUCO guys have been bad with this staff.
Bad for Arkansas past?...Who cares about the past staffs juco recruiting. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

redleg

June 02, 2014, 02:27:59 pm #63 Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 02:41:13 pm by redleg
I didn't say anything about bad Juco players for THIS staff. I was inferring that in Arkansas' past, most Jucos haven't worked out well. Some did work out, like Alonzo Highsmith Jr. Most have been back-ups, busts, and wastes of scholarships.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

lumphog

scooby21322

Quote from: redleg on June 02, 2014, 02:27:59 pm
I didn't say anything about bad Juco players for THIS staff. I was inferring that in Arkansas' past, most Jucos haven't worked out well. Some did work out, like Alonzo Highsmith Jr. Most have been back-ups, busts, and wastes of scholarships.

How about Small?  1 of the 4 drafted players from this year's seniors.   

secneahog

Quote from: redleg on June 02, 2014, 02:27:59 pm

If it isn't about juco guys from this staff than why does it even matter?..

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: scooby21322 on May 31, 2014, 01:45:01 pm
Not so much a complaint.  I just have zero worries about our o-line.  I do have worries about giving up long pass plays several times a game again.  When i hear big news is coming, I always hope it addresses that concern, but am disappointed when it is something that wont help in that area.

The coaching changes supplied much help to this area already. Talent is on it's way too...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.