Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Commit?

Started by GEO-HOG, May 31, 2014, 12:29:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GEO-HOG

@BretBielema: Getting better one day at a time. One PLAYER at a time! Good news keeps coming! #WoooPig

Bubba's Bruisers

Probably the UNLV transfer.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

A Hogwork Orange

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on May 31, 2014, 12:31:52 pm

If it was the transfer, wouldnt he be able to talk about it?

GEO-HOG

@DannyWest1: Arkansas football will release some good news shortly.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: A Hogwork Orange on May 31, 2014, 12:33:37 pm
If it was the transfer, wouldnt he be able to talk about it?

I actually don't know.  Call me gun shy with all the big news claims.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

PorkRinds

Quote from: GEO-HOG on May 31, 2014, 12:33:47 pm
@DannyWest1: Arkansas football will release some good news shortly.

Well, it wouldn't be a 2015 guy because "arkansas football" can't comment on names until NSD.

zane

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 31, 2014, 12:44:33 pm
Well, it wouldn't be a 2015 guy because "arkansas football" can't comment on names until NSD.

Nice catch
RIP LSUfan

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on May 31, 2014, 12:31:52 pm

Not the one people have been talking about.

ricepig

Actually, this is the tweet I saw.

@DannyWest1: Good news for #Arkansas coming shortly.

GEO-HOG

Quote from: ricepig on May 31, 2014, 12:57:54 pm

Yeah he sent that one right after.  Rephrased his initial tweet.

scooby21322

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 31, 2014, 12:55:46 pm
Not the one people have been talking about.

Ok, now I'm intrigued.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: scooby21322 on May 31, 2014, 01:00:39 pm
Ok, now I'm intrigued.

I only know of the USC QB rumor.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ricepig on May 31, 2014, 12:57:54 pm

Now that would make a difference! Now I'm stoked. Gragg or Kj? Sweet baby Jesus please.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 31, 2014, 01:02:35 pm
Now that would make a difference! Now I'm stoked. Gragg or Kj? Sweet baby Jesus please.

If either,it's probably Hill, but I aint buying anything big until it actually happens.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on May 31, 2014, 01:06:39 pm
If either,it's probably Hill, but I aint buying anything big until it actually happens.

I doubt it's either honestly.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 31, 2014, 01:18:51 pm

Correct, I think RD would have indicated such.

The Recruiting Guy

The Recruiting Guy

Can say it now because the guy has signed.

TX HOG

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 31, 2014, 01:22:42 pm
Can say it now because the guy has signed.

so say it then.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 31, 2014, 01:18:51 pm

No kidding.  It wont be anything like that.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: TX HOG on May 31, 2014, 01:26:13 pm
Unlv OL?

Not the guy people have been talking about.

mccurdy

TX HOG

OL but not the unlv OL

Bubba's Bruisers

Slimac4

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 31, 2014, 01:29:07 pm
Not the guy people have been talking about.

The big time oklahoma olinemen??? That would be siiiick!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Slimac4 on May 31, 2014, 01:34:12 pm

Who is that?

ricepig

Quote from: Slimac4 on May 31, 2014, 01:34:12 pm

He said that the person had signed the papers, so it's either a late signee, or transfer.

TX HOG

So a signing not a commitment?

The real Hogules

If the only players that you needed to recruit were OL'men, we'd be contending for a NC this Fall!

Don't get me wrong we can always use another quality player on the OL, but I just wish we had the same level of success recruiting OTHER positions like we do on the OL.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

ldfergu

RD, does this signee have immediate eligibility?

scooby21322

Quote from: The real Hogules on May 31, 2014, 01:36:00 pm
If the only players that you needed to recruit were OL'men, we'd be contending for a NC this Fall!

Don't get me wrong we can always use another quality player on the OL, but I just wish we had the same level of success recruiting OTHER positions like we do on the OL.

I agree completely.  Im to the point where I feel dissapointed when I hear that we've gotten another OL.  I really wish we'd get this kind of news on the defensive side, particularly S, CB, or LB.

Huds_HawgTide

Someone on twitter said its a transfer news will break today
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Kyle

Heck, I'll take a shot... Is it Jeremiah Ledbetter?

TX HOG

Quote from: scooby21322 on May 31, 2014, 01:39:40 pm
I agree completely.  Im to the point where I feel dissapointed when I hear that we've gotten another OL.  I really wish we'd get this kind of news on the defensive side, particularly S, CB, or LB.

Well supposedly two of our best recruiters recruit those three positions

ldfergu

Quote from: scooby21322 on May 31, 2014, 01:39:40 pm

Wow. Let's find a way to complain about good news. While it's a strong group it's Not like we don't have needs on the OL

TX HOG

Too many good offensive lineman is a fantastic problem to have!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The real Hogules on May 31, 2014, 01:36:00 pm

Yep, especially defensive players.  But we do have to start somewhere.

scooby21322

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on May 31, 2014, 01:41:25 pm
Wow. Let's find a way to complain about good news. While it's a strong group it's Not like we don't have needs on the OL

Not so much a complaint.  I just have zero worries about our o-line.  I do have worries about giving up long pass plays several times a game again.  When i hear big news is coming, I always hope it addresses that concern, but am disappointed when it is something that wont help in that area.

HawgcallWPS

Since its supposedly a huge offensive lineman who is a transfer but not the UNLV guy, my guess is Larry Mazyck.   

ricepig

Cameron Jefferson, same school, 3 year starter.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

BigSexyHog

This thread is about as worthless as an Aggie or a Longhorn.  Bunch of people running In circles and talking out of both sides of their mouths
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

NLRHog92

Quote from: BigSexyHog on May 31, 2014, 02:35:16 pm
This thread is about as worthless as an Aggie or a Longhorn.  Bunch of people running In circles and talking out of both sides of their mouths

hahahaha I agree 100%

The Boar War

Quote from: mccurdy on May 31, 2014, 01:32:02 pm
So not big news?

Not really.  Former Starting ol at UNLV (but not the one most people thought it would be).  Nothing against the guy because I'm sure he can contribute but if this is the huge recruiting news we must be in bigger trouble than I thought.

imtad16

Quote from: The Boar War on May 31, 2014, 02:58:54 pm
Not really.  Former Starting ol at UNLV (but not the one most people thought it would be).  Nothing against the guy because I'm sure he can contribute but if this is the huge recruiting news we must be in bigger trouble than I thought.

Don't worry... Be happy. It's Oscar Taveras call up day!

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Boar War on May 31, 2014, 02:58:54 pm

Such a beacon of sunshine and joy!

The Boar War

Quote from: imtad16 on May 31, 2014, 03:08:06 pm

Don't worry... Be happy. It's Oscar Taveras call up day!

Not worried and glad he's here but this doesn't qualify as huge recruiting news (unless there is little else going on).

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Boar War on May 31, 2014, 03:10:42 pm
Not worried and glad he's here but this doesn't qualify as huge recruiting news (unless there is little else going on).

Who called this huge?