Started by ADavisTheGOAT, May 29, 2014, 06:01:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hogman99

Bobcats will contend this year.

ricepig

scooby21322

Not sure why we were all supposed to get worked up over this.  It doesn't change anything from the perspective of a fan of the Razorbacks. 

Big Nasty 34

ricepig

Quote from: scooby21322 on May 29, 2014, 06:06:58 pm
Not sure why we were all supposed to get worked up over this.  It doesn't change anything from the perspective of a fan of the Razorbacks. 

Needed to consider the source, always rely on RD.

RNHog

Not surprising. The Graggs have places in Warren and in Dumas.

The_Iceman

ldfergu

OMG!!! Super exciting news guys!! So pumped about the HUGE news!!!

>:(

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Sooie71923

Dumas to Oxford - 3.5 hours
Dumas to Fayetteville - 4.5 hours

(notOM)Rebel123

Any word on what they had for supper? Geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 29, 2014, 08:15:20 pm
Any word on what they had for supper? Geez.

Our resident restaurateur from PB hasn't chimed in, they may still be on dessert.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2014, 08:19:28 pm
Our resident restaurateur from PB hasn't chimed in, they may still be on dessert.

Well, maybe he'll let us know. I'm sure there's something that can be read into their choice of apple pie or peach cobbler.

PonderinHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 29, 2014, 08:22:03 pm
Well, maybe he'll let us know. I'm sure there's something that can be read into their choice of apple pie or peach cobbler.
If it's blackbeary cobbler, we're screwed.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 29, 2014, 08:44:47 pm
If it's blackbeary cobbler, we're screwed.
I see what you did there.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

(notOM)Rebel123

TheRazorback500

Cool. I'll get to see him play.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Sooie71923 on May 29, 2014, 08:13:45 pm
Dumas to Oxford - 3.5 hours
Dumas to Fayetteville - 4.5 hours

Ole Piss passes to TE's 2 all season.

Squints Pallaboarus

Interesting.... Might have to make it home to watch my McGehee Owls play against him this year.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Oklahawg

Archie Bradley is the #1 prospect for the Arizona Diamondbacks. An elite pitching prospect. His Mom was wanting to become a principal (she was a classroom teacher). After Archie's sophomore season at Muskogee (where he was an elite QB and blew up into a first round talent on the mound) his Mom was offered a principal's gig in Broken Arrow...but (like many schools in OK have told prospective employees, especially administrators) "you must live in the community".

This is not that unusual.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Scott7703

Boarcephus

Quote from: TomasPistola on May 29, 2014, 09:08:39 pm
What kind of Dumas would move there? :D

LOL!! I have to agree with this.  Came back through Dumas a couple weeks ago and that has to be one depressing place to live let alone move to.  Warren is just a little old sleepy town rural town in the woods.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: TomasPistola on May 29, 2014, 09:08:39 pm
What kind of Dumas would move there? :D
I wouldn't hitchhike through there if I didn't have to.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 29, 2014, 09:46:54 pm
I wouldn't hitchhike through there if I didn't have to.

You not a Ding Ding Daddy from Dumas fan?

PorkRinds

Quote from: poloprince on May 29, 2014, 07:35:16 pm
See Hugh Freeze

I'm sure HF decides who gets the superintendent job in Dumas' AR.

rzrbackramsfan

Here's the positive news.  It didn't look like he was coming when he lived in Pine Bluff.  Maybe something about the new location will inspire him to be a  :razorback: 

whosiskid

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 29, 2014, 09:20:31 pm
LOL!! I have to agree with this.  Came back through Dumas a couple weeks ago and that has to be one depressing place to live let alone move to.  Warren is just a little old sleepy town rural town in the woods.

And Pine Bluff is Shangri-la? At one point in the PLACES RATED ALMANAC Pine Bluff was dead last of every metropolitan area in America in about 8 out of 9 editions. And while I don't know if this has changed, for decades it was the largest town in America without a freeway going through it.

On the other hand, in high school I helped my school win the mile relay after I got a big whiff of the odor from the paper mill going into the final turn. Something about the awfulness of that smell kicked me into a whole different gear and I ran faster than I ever had before.

Though I do agree that Dumas isn't Eden. But Pine Bluff versus Dumas is not easy to decide.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Boarcephus

Quote from: whosiskid on May 30, 2014, 12:09:16 am
And Pine Bluff is Shangri-la? At one point in the PLACES RATED ALMANAC Pine Bluff was dead last of every metropolitan area in America in about 8 out of 9 editions. And while I don't know if this has changed, for decades it was the largest town in America without a freeway going through it.

On the other hand, in high school I helped my school win the mile relay after I got a big whiff of the odor from the paper mill going into the final turn. Something about the awfulness of that smell kicked me into a whole different gear and I ran faster than I ever had before.

Though I do agree that Dumas isn't Eden. But Pine Bluff versus Dumas is not easy to decide.

Where in the hell did I say anything about Pine Bluff?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: whosiskid on May 30, 2014, 12:09:16 am

I'd go with Dumas all day every day and twice on sunday.  The only thing PB has going for it is that it is close to little rock, which has a ton of stuff to do.

dwcherr

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 29, 2014, 08:58:54 pm
Ole Piss passes to TE's 2 all season.

What?? You're making stuff up. Their true freshman TE Evan Ingram had something like 50 catches in 8 or 10 games before he got injured.

DeltaBoy

So he will be the next Ding Dong Daddy from Dumas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 30, 2014, 08:04:57 am
I'd go with Dumas all day every day and twice on sunday.  The only thing PB has going for it is that it is close to little rock, which has a ton of stuff to do.

Just took 65 through PB through to Tallulah and that is one depressing drive.  I have to think that if someone were to say, "I'll give you $5 million dollars with the only stipulation being you have to live in PB, Dumas, Grady, lake Village or Eudora", I believe I'd have to pass on the $$.  There are actually some nice areas in PB but they ain't very big and they're surrounded by the bad element.

redleg

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 30, 2014, 12:06:29 am
Here's the positive news.  It didn't look like he was coming when he lived in Pine Bluff.  Maybe something about the new location will inspire him to be a  :razorback:
It's possbile, I guess. It does seem like the Bolding brothers aren't doing Bielema and the Hogs any favors. Kinda like the Warren coach when Nutt was the head Hog.

I do not look for Arkansas to get Pettway, Hill, or Gragg...and they will all be dead to me after that.  8)
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

redleg

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 30, 2014, 08:41:38 am
Just took 65 through PB through to Tallulah and that is one depressing drive.  I have to think that if someone were to say, "I'll give you $5 million dollars with the only stipulation being you have to live in PB, Dumas, Grady, lake Village or Eudora", I believe I'd have to pass on the $$.  There are actually some nice areas in PB but they ain't very big and they're surrounded by the bad element.
ATTENTION!!!!
Just in case you didn't know this already...Grady, Arkansas is a speed trap of the worst kind, and the cops in Grady are rude and arrogant!
Do NOT travel through Grady if you don't have to!
If you do, make sure you do 5 mph under the posted speed limit, and aboslutely do NOT veer or swerve at all! They WILL give you a ticket for even the smallest infraction! I got one for going 4 mph over the speed limit, and my cousin got one for going 1 mph over! 1 mph!!!!! What kinda cop does THAT?!

Boarcephus

Quote from: redleg on May 30, 2014, 09:24:21 am
What kinda cop does THAT?!

The same ones whose brothers must work in Lake Providence and Tallulah, LA

PonderinHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 30, 2014, 09:34:41 am
The same ones whose brothers must work in Lake Providence and Tallulah, LA
City is probably broke.

pillowhog

Quote from: redleg on May 30, 2014, 09:19:38 am
It's possbile, I guess. It does seem like the Bolding brothers aren't doing Bielema and the Hogs any favors. Kinda like the Warren coach when Nutt was the head Hog.

I do not look for Arkansas to get Pettway, Hill, or Gragg...and they will all be dead to me after that.  8)
I'm sure they are gonna lose a lot of sleep over that

Boarcephus

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 30, 2014, 09:42:41 am
City is probably broke.

If they're broke it's not from lack of revenue from their police department.

ldfergu

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 30, 2014, 08:36:01 am
So he will be the next Ding Dong Daddy from Dumas.

What the hell?

RNHog

southeasthog

May 30, 2014, 11:11:05 am #42 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 02:44:40 pm by southeasthog
Ding dong daddy days is Dumas city festival

PorkRinds

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on May 30, 2014, 11:01:38 am

What the hell?

That is an appropriate response for almost every one of those 50,000 plus posts...

jacobp

Quote from: dwcherr on May 30, 2014, 08:17:58 am
What?? You're making stuff up. Their true freshman TE Evan Ingram had something like 50 catches in 8 or 10 games before he got injured.

redleg

Quote from: pillowhog on May 30, 2014, 09:47:15 am
I'm sure they are gonna lose a lot of sleep over that

I doubt it.  ::)

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: southeasthog on May 30, 2014, 11:11:05 am
Ding dong daddy days is Dumsa city festival

Are you shi++in' me? Is there really a festival called "Ding Dong Daddy Days?" That is too funny. I can only imagine what kind of contests they have. LOL
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on May 30, 2014, 12:32:17 pm
Are you shi++in' me? Is there really a festival called "Ding Dong Daddy Days?" That is too funny. I can only imagine what kind of contests they have. LOL

Its based on a song ( from what I was told) "I'm a ding dong daddy from
Dumas". I had to live in that hellhole for a year in my young life. Hate that awful place.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

ricepig

Quote from: PharmacistHog on May 30, 2014, 12:49:44 pm
Its based on a song ( from what I was told) "I'm a ding dong daddy from
Dumas". I had to live in that hellhole for a year in my young life. Hate that awful place.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S99Fokasa2Y

southeasthog

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on May 30, 2014, 12:32:17 pm
http://www.dumasar.net/dumas-ding-dong-days-history.html

Festival events have changed with the years but always include:

Fun Day
Methodist Men's Pancake Breakfast
Daughters of Charity of AR 5K Run
M&F Bank of Dumas sponsored Parade
Antique Car Show
Food and Crafts Booths
Baggo Tournament sponsored by Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
Ding Dong Eating Contest
Dumas VFD Water Activities
Desha County Open House