Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DFW Texas Area Loaded for 2015

Started by DeltaBoy, May 29, 2014, 09:06:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

three hog night

I think our problem is that we have NO relationships at the main programs that always produce players in DFW.  We need to get into the traditional powerhouse programs even if it means signing a few 2 stars.   We already have better pipelines developed in South Florida than Texas.   

Our image in DFW is not visible in spite of some coaches spending time in the area.  We have not recruited the area well for decades.   There is a unique dynamic in the DFW area that TONS of DFW kids are choosing to come to the UofA for school.  How do we use that in our favor?   We have to find a way to use social media to energize the UofA students from X School to help with a recruit at their old HS.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Hoggish1

Quote from: lumphog on May 29, 2014, 01:21:54 pm
DUDE!!! If you can't see what CBB is building here . . . and be a little excited . . . as a PROGRAM, we are already in better shape than we've been in decades. Take a deep breath and LOOK at the coaches here, the recruiting is light years ahead of what it's been & IS going to get better. Let the man coach. It's his 2nd year & he wasn't left much to work with (changing styles) I like the SMASHMOUTH style & it's proven to be successful. (look at Stanford against Oregon) Our TIME is coming. We will be MUCH better THIS YEAR!!! We will win some games & MAKE EM LIKE IT!!!!

Amen!  Very clear to see...

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on May 29, 2014, 03:22:46 pm
Thank you lump hog for being a fan. put me down as whatever you say I agree with.

Are we "homers"? YEAH!! what the hell is the point in being a fan if you are not?

I will never understand why the pessimists on this and all other messages boards exist. If you hate the program that much, or the team disappoints you that much Ive got a thought for you.... DON'T GO ONLINE TO FOLLOW THEM!!! Good lord.

I go into every year saying this is our year, hell this year I actually believe we will beat AUBURN first game, and why would I think other wise until it happens? I'm a fan being irrational about my team is my job.

A fan says these ^ things.  So do I.  Why we have so many trolls is baffling.

Hoggish1

Quote from: ricepig on June 07, 2014, 02:34:56 pm
It's against SEC rules to have an off campus camp.

Other conferences are doing it, so the rule needs to change.

DeltaBoy

We need to use JERRY and every point of contact to help get kids on the Hill.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.