Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DFW Texas Area Loaded for 2015

Started by DeltaBoy, May 29, 2014, 09:06:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wildhog

So Joel Thomas and Clay Jennings should bring in a haul.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Wildhog on May 29, 2014, 09:11:38 am
So Joel Thomas and Clay Jennings should bring in a haul.

And when they don't get the top ten from the area you will come back and let us all know how terrible our coaching staff is.

Do me a favor, when we do win under this group do not get back on the bandwagon, we don't want you.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on May 29, 2014, 10:00:25 am
And when they don't get the top ten from the area you will come back and let us all know how terrible our coaching staff is.

Do me a favor, when we do win under this group do not get back on the bandwagon, we don't want you.

I've been a sunshine pumper on here for years.  Not my fault things look so grim right now.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on May 29, 2014, 10:07:52 am
I've been a sunshine pumper on here for years.  Not my fault things look so grim right now.

Depends on your perspective.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2014, 10:10:17 am
Depends on your perspective.

"Guy that's tired of his team being absolutely horrible, desperately looking for any reason to be optimistic"
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on May 29, 2014, 10:14:21 am
"Guy that's tired of his team being absolutely horrible, desperately looking for any reason to be optimistic"

Search harder

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on May 29, 2014, 10:32:00 am
Got any leads?

So, there is nothing about the team or recruiting that has you optimistic?

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on May 29, 2014, 10:34:41 am
So, there is nothing about the team or recruiting that has you optimistic?

I think there are several units of the football team that will be better.

The defense overall should be significantly improved.  I just don't have any confidence in the offense, whatsoever.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgzinbowlz

Good news out of the DFW area. Coach Jennings will likely earn his money and get us some. Great history as a recruiter.

I'll wait and see if injuries were the main reason for our offensive problems in 2013. We have enough talent if all 11 players on offense perform efficiently. It will be interesting to see if any of the freshman/transfer offensive linemen get in the rotation. A lot of positive words (by the coaches) about the new OL recruits.
All eleven need to be on the same page, and efficient.

" GO HOGS "

Prestworthy

Not sure how the hogs just leave the DFW area for others to pluck from.  Only commit from DFW from the 2014 class is a kicker.  Pruitt didn't qualify.  All of that talent taken by TCU, UT, Baylor, aTm, TTU....all teams the hogs could probably beat this year! 

lumphog

Quote from: Wildhog on May 29, 2014, 10:14:21 am

DUDE!!! If you can't see what CBB is building here . . . and be a little excited . . . as a PROGRAM, we are already in better shape than we've been in decades. Take a deep breath and LOOK at the coaches here, the recruiting is light years ahead of what it's been & IS going to get better. Let the man coach. It's his 2nd year & he wasn't left much to work with (changing styles) I like the SMASHMOUTH style & it's proven to be successful. (look at Stanford against Oregon) Our TIME is coming. We will be MUCH better THIS YEAR!!! We will win some games & MAKE EM LIKE IT!!!!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: lumphog on May 29, 2014, 01:21:54 pm
DUDE!!! If you can't see what CBB is building here . . . and be a little excited . . . as a PROGRAM, we are already in better shape than we've been in decades. Take a deep breath and LOOK at the coaches here, the recruiting is light years ahead of what it's been & IS going to get better. Let the man coach. It's his 2nd year & he wasn't left much to work with (changing styles) I like the SMASHMOUTH style & it's proven to be successful. (look at Stanford against Oregon) Our TIME is coming. We will be MUCH better THIS YEAR!!! We will win some games & MAKE EM LIKE IT!!!!

Good attitude. I think you're on the right track. It's a lot more fun to exit DWRRS when the crowd is laughing and joking compared to acting like they just left a wake.

" GO HOGS "

Wildhog

Quote from: lumphog on May 29, 2014, 01:21:54 pm

Hope you're right.
1909/1964/1965/1977

lumphog

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 29, 2014, 01:30:49 pm
Good attitude. I think you're on the right track. It's a lot more fun to exit DWRRS when the crowd is laughing and joking compared to acting like they just left a wake.

" GO HOGS "
My "GUT" says there are GOOOD TIMES coming. Hope it's right, but I can see us headed in the right direction, doing the right things to BUILD a successful PROGRAM. When we start winning, it won't be an up & down program. It won't be win a couple years & go 5 or 6 years before we win again like in the past. It will be a program LIKE HE "HAS" BUILT!!! We will be in it "EVERY" year. The ole gut may be wrong . . . BUT, I can see what he's trying to do & I LIKE IT!!!! I was NOT happy when CBB was announced as HC. First thing I thought was "NUTTBALL", but after stepping back & doing a little research, they are NOTHING alike. The man KNOWS what he's doing AND WILL be successful........ Give the man some TIME!!! I think he did a helluva job last year with what he had to work with. We almost won a few we had no chance of winning & we will win some we shouldn't THIS YEAR..... The sky aint fallin....Come on in guys, the water is FINE!!!

hawgsmellgud

Thank you lump hog for being a fan. put me down as whatever you say I agree with.

Are we "homers"? YEAH!! what the hell is the point in being a fan if you are not?

I will never understand why the pessimists on this and all other messages boards exist. If you hate the program that much, or the team disappoints you that much Ive got a thought for you.... DON'T GO ONLINE TO FOLLOW THEM!!! Good lord.

I go into every year saying this is our year, hell this year I actually believe we will beat AUBURN first game, and why would I think other wise until it happens? I'm a fan being irrational about my team is my job.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

lumphog

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on May 29, 2014, 03:22:46 pm
Thank you lump hog for being a fan. put me down as whatever you say I agree with.

Are we "homers"? YEAH!! what the hell is the point in being a fan if you are not?

I will never understand why the pessimists on this and all other messages boards exist. If you hate the program that much, or the team disappoints you that much Ive got a thought for you.... DON'T GO ONLINE TO FOLLOW THEM!!! Good lord.

I go into every year saying this is our year, hell this year I actually believe we will beat AUBURN first game, and why would I think other wise until it happens? I'm a fan being irrational about my team is my job.
+1 ^^^ I'm with this guy^^^ I love my HOGS!!! Play the dambgame show me you can beat us & shut up. I'm sick of the cryin. This team "WILL" win. CBB is doin it RIGHT!!! Get behind CBB or be an Auburn fan!!! It's not that complicated, I'd jump off a bridge before I'd pull for Gus at Auburn

BornaHog

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on May 29, 2014, 03:22:46 pm

This is exactly how I feel and have felt since I realized I was born a HOG when I was 7 years old. That was in 1962 and I have felt a lot of highs and lows, but I have never talked bad about the HOGS.
   I have hated coaches and loved coaches, sometimes they were one and the same as time went on.
   I will die a hog fan and will always hope the HOGS will go undefeated every year, as long as I live. Do I know this will always, or ever happen? NO, but a fan should always want it to!!!  If you don't, my opinion is that you are not a fan.
   My opinion is that the hogs are gonna kick some asses this year and hopefully they will go undefeated. If it doesn't happen, I won't talk bad about them or the coaches. I will hope for improvement.
   Then next year they'll go undefeated!!!   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG

Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

Hawgzinbowlz

May 29, 2014, 05:12:39 pm #19 Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:27:47 pm by Hawgzinbowlz
Quote from: lumphog on May 29, 2014, 01:57:07 pm
My "GUT" says there are GOOOD TIMES coming. Hope it's right, but I can see us headed in the right direction, doing the right things to BUILD a successful PROGRAM. When we start winning, it won't be an up & down program. It won't be win a couple years & go 5 or 6 years before we win again like in the past. It will be a program LIKE HE "HAS" BUILT!!! We will be in it "EVERY" year. The ole gut may be wrong . . . BUT, I can see what he's trying to do & I LIKE IT!!!! I was NOT happy when CBB was announced as HC. First thing I thought was "NUTTBALL", but after stepping back & doing a little research, they are NOTHING alike. The man KNOWS what he's doing AND WILL be successful........ Give the man some TIME!!! I think he did a helluva job last year with what he had to work with. We almost won a few we had no chance of winning & we will win some we shouldn't THIS YEAR..... The sky aint fallin....Come on in guys, the water is FINE!!!
When you look at the program CBB left at Wisconsin it's clear he knows how to build a program for the long haul. He does know how to build a program and he nearly knew what he was getting into when he took on the challenge of rebuilding the Hogs. The relentless grind of week after week playing excellent competition may have been something that clicked on "reality check" for CBB. He wasn't experienced with this... now he is. The level of excellence in the SEC (particularly the West) and the level of coaching excellence (PARTICULARLY IN THE WEST) is a departure from most conferences, where there is a breather interspersed among the better teams. CBBs willingness to help along the defense by changing personnel shows he is adapting to "THE BIG BOY CONFERENCE" and adapting/adjusting moving forward. Unlike yourself I was very pleased when CBB was announced. My biggest complaint, so far, is the handful of boneheaded plays that were called in the course of last years games. Monday morning quarterbacking is always right, LOL, but I do think CBB has dialed the rhetoric back a little and is more focused than ever. Cut the cr@p and do every thing necessary to give us the best chance to be successful. He seems to be heading in the right direction, and taking the Hogs toward success. We might as well be patient, as JL will be. CBB knows the path.
I have been a serious college football fan since '64 and watched the cycles come and go. The key is the coach. 100%. CBB is intelligent, arrogant, cocky, hubris, talented, stubborn, directly honest and, at the end of it all, a winner. He will figure it out.
He took over a program that had back to back fumbles. Combine that with changing the style of play and CBBs insistence on a 6 year contract makes sense. He knows it's a long term rebuild and he's serious about being successful.
If he is successful here, his future in football is bright. If he is a failure here, he will move forward in mediocrity. He is too arrogant and determined to allow himself to fail.
College football success is 100% dependent on who the coach is and I think we have the right guy.
If not, we'll end up with a new coach, after we're positive CBB is not the guy. I don't believe we'll get nearly that far. And, he won't be fired until it's 100% certain he's the wrong guy. I just don't think that's the road we are headed down.
I look for us to achieve enough wins to go bowling this year. Don't ask me for the wins. The key/catalyst to us having a successful season is efficient play at QB, and we have a backup that I watched check down to the 3rd receiver in several of the scrimmages this last Spring.
Again, I believe CBB fears failure enough to not let it happen.
Let's head to "the plains".

Edit and on topic : Thanks for the link, DeltaBoy. I think Coach Jennings was a home run hire and he'll reopen " The Texas Pipeline " starting with DFW and the surrounding areas.

" GO HOGS "

lumphog

Quote from: BornaHog on May 29, 2014, 05:06:18 pm

This is exactly how I feel and have felt since I realized I was born a HOG when I was 7 years old. That was in 1962 and I have felt a lot of highs and lows, but I have never talked bad about the HOGS.
   I have hated coaches and loved coaches, sometimes they were one and the same as time went on.
   I will die a hog fan and will always hope the HOGS will go undefeated every year, as long as I live. Do I know this will always, or ever happen? NO, but a fan should always want it to!!!  If you don't, my opinion is that you are not a fan.
   My opinion is that the hogs are gonna kick some asses this year and hopefully they will go undefeated. If it doesn't happen, I won't talk bad about them or the coaches. I will hope for improvement.
   Then next year they'll go undefeated!!!   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG

Hahahahaha Great Post "+1" been there done that & I'll die a HOG!!!

lumphog

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 29, 2014, 05:12:39 pm
When you look at the program CBB left at Wisconsin it's clear he knows how to build a program for the long haul. He does know how to build a program and he nearly knew what he was getting into when he took on the challenge of rebuilding the Hogs. The relentless grind of week after week playing excellent competition may have been something that clicked on "reality check" for CBB. He wasn't experienced with this... now he is. The level of excellence in the SEC (particularly the West) and the level of coaching excellence (PARTICULARLY IN THE WEST) is a departure from most conferences, where there is a breather interspersed among the better teams. CBBs willingness to help along the defense by changing personnel shows he is adapting to "THE BIG BOY CONFERENCE" and adapting/adjusting moving forward. Unlike yourself I was very pleased when CBB was announced. My biggest complaint, so far, is the handful of boneheaded plays that were called in the course of last years games. Monday morning quarterbacking is always right, LOL, but I do think CBB has dialed the rhetoric back a little and is more focused than ever. Cut the cr@p and do every thing necessary to give us the best chance to be successful. He seems to be heading in the right direction, and taking the Hogs toward success. We might as well be patient, as JL will be. CBB knows the path.
I have been a serious college football fan since '64 and watched the cycles come and go. The key is the coach. 100%. CBB is intelligent, arrogant, cocky, hubris, talented, stubborn, directly honest and, at the end of it all, a winner. He will figure it out.
He took over a program that had back to back fumbles. Combine that with changing the style of play and CBBs insistence on a 6 year contract makes sense. He knows it's a long term rebuild and he's serious about being successful.
If he is successful here, his future in football is bright. If he is a failure here, he will move forward in mediocrity. He is too arrogant and determined to allow himself to fail.
College football success is 100% dependent on who the coach is and I think we have the right guy.
If not, we'll end up with a new coach, after we're positive CBB is not the guy. I don't believe we'll get nearly that far. And, he won't be fired until it's 100% certain he's the wrong guy. I just don't think that's the road we are headed down.
I look for us to achieve enough wins to go bowling this year. Don't ask me for the wins. The key/catalyst to us having a successful season is efficient play at QB, and we have a backup that I watched check down to the 3rd receiver in several of the scrimmages this last Spring.
Again, I believe CBB fears failure enough to not let it happen.
Let's head to "the plains".

" GO HOGS "

Great post & nice truck, I agree & the QB play "IS" the key. I had high hopes for BA, but am a little worried after the spring game. I'm glad to hear the comment about the QB. I hope BA gets hishitt together. I think he can get it done. His biggest problem is between his ears....."IF" BA can calm down & distribute the ball (I think the O-line will give him time) this offense will be hard to stop. We will run on anybody & the TE attack will be dangerous & those two will make the wr's dangerous. I believe J Chaney will play a key role in getting us back on top. I'm glad he's here. With all the right pieces in place, we can do this..... and as far as you can't out Bama Bama... Saban won't be there forever & Les IS Les.... Our time is coming

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: lumphog on May 29, 2014, 05:32:03 pm
...nice truck... Our time is coming
Bama/Shmama and LSU/LSWho... If the program continues to be built the way it's headed, and with an up cycle of skill players (on both sides of the ball), we will put ourselves in a position to take advantage of win opportunities, when they arise.
I'm a great believer in coaches track records indicating future results. The big 10 is not the SEC, in both level of play and level of recruiting, and I like our recruiters/staff...they are very good.

Thanks on the truck. If it took as long to rebuild our football program as it did the truck...We would need guards on the top of all the tall buildings in Arkansas, to restrain Razorback Fans.

Hopefully some of the talent in the DFW area will fill our need for excellent skill position players.

" GO HOGS "

cosmodrum

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on May 29, 2014, 10:00:25 am

He's a poonface, but WH is a Hog fan. Did me a solid and split my season tix with me this year because I got the opportunity to split 50 yd line 2nd row seats at Arrowhead with my cousin. Yes, this dong said "yes" to splitting my tix AFTER 3-9. 0-8.

He, like me, has supported BB from jump street, but things don't seem to be going well. We want them to. You have to admit, the past couple years have been demoralizing. That's all.

Go away, batin'

BigSexyHog

I don't expect to sign many from the Dallas area but we shall see.... What is a number everyone wants anyways?????  5-8 from Dallas or just Texass in general
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: cosmodrum on May 29, 2014, 09:48:56 pm
He's a poonface, but WH is a Hog fan. Did me a solid and split my season tix with me this year because I got the opportunity to split 50 yd line 2nd row seats at Arrowhead with my cousin. Yes, this dong said "yes" to splitting my tix AFTER 3-9. 0-8.

He, like me, has supported BB from jump street, but things don't seem to be going well. We want them to. You have to admit, the past couple years have been demoralizing. That's all.

Well hell yeah, but what does living in the past, and just sharting everyone's bed do to help? My god he's a grown man correct?

redeye

Quote from: lumphog on May 29, 2014, 05:15:00 pm
Hahahahaha Great Post "+1" been there done that & I'll die a HOG!!!

Yea, I agree that it was a great post and that is a fine looking truck.

Quote from: BigSexyHog on May 29, 2014, 10:21:31 pm
I don't expect to sign many from the Dallas area but we shall see.... What is a number everyone wants anyways?????  5-8 from Dallas or just Texass in general

I think 5-8 quality players from Texas would be great!  I don't know how many we signed from Texas many moons ago, but I noticed years ago that it seemed our number had dropped to about 5/year.  Since then, I believe it's dropped even lower, although our recruiting has picked up elsewhere to make up for it.  If we could sign 5-8, with half of them being 4+ stars, then that would be huge, imo.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on May 29, 2014, 11:03:40 pm

Well hell yeah, but what does living in the past, and just sharting everyone's bed do to help? My god he's a grown man correct?

We've been beaten over the head with awfulness the past couple seasons, and it's hard to see the positive. This season will be telling.
Go away, batin'

redeye

Quote from: BigSexyHog on May 29, 2014, 10:21:31 pm

I used Rivals to find how many Texas players we've signed, each year, going back to 2002.  I'll note that what I found doesn't all match up with some of my comments.  I also want to note that while scanning through the names, I was a little surprised by how many great players there were.  In light of this, I think the key is in signing higher quality players, and while that's true everywhere, we likely have a better chance to do it in numbers in Texas.

2014   2
2013   3
2012   6
2011   5
2010   4
2009   8
2008   2
2007   8
2006   8
2005   6
2004   8
2003   9
2002   5

COACHINTEXAS

No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

three hog night

I agree completely
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

DeltaBoy

DFW is home of the Largest Hog Club
We play there every year again.
We should be able to get 3-5 from here every other year at least.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

PorkRinds

My "GUT" says I should not have eaten so much pizza with my beer last night. 

DeltaBoy

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 30, 2014, 08:34:47 am
DFW is home of the Largest Hog Club
We play there every year again.
We should be able to get 3-5 from here every other year at least.
If we could sign 5-8, high quality D-1 players, out of Texas annually it would be much easier to fill the 25 from our other recruiting areas. Close enough to home for parents and friends to come and watch.
Coach Jennings hire was a long ball from CBB.
Thanks for the links.

" GO HOGS "

ricepig

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: ricepig on May 30, 2014, 11:06:35 am
We always need 10-12.
True. I didn't want to appear greedy. LOL
Coach Jennings will likely open doors not possible before.

" GO HOGS "

colbs

It would be nice if we could get:

6-8 a year from Arkansas
5-7 a year from Texas
3-5 a year from Florida

Then would only need to get 5-10 players Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri, etc.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: colbs on May 30, 2014, 12:34:28 pm
It would be nice if we could get:

6-8 a year from Arkansas
5-7 a year from Texas
3-5 a year from Florida

Then would only need to get 5-10 players Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri, etc.
As Georgia is the state that has more SEC players than any other state we will start putting more emphasis (coaches recruiting) on Georgia, according to CBB. Going from 1 to 3 recruiters (coaches) focusing on GA. should help our numbers there.
I like the direction our recruiting is headed, in Texas and everywhere else.

" GO HOGS "

DeltaBoy

I expect if we can get 5-8 and we start WINNING then we can move up to getting 10-12 from DFW and the Houston Area.

lumphog

CBB needs to have a camp in DFW every year....Is that legal ?

Jek Tono Porkins

So..nearly a page and nobody talks about our targets from the DFW area.

On 247, they have a DT from Bishop Dunne Catholic in Dallas that has us as "warm", along with Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma.

Also on 247, there is Keaton Sutherland, an OT/DE from Flower Mound. They rate us as "warmer" along with Ole Miss, Baylor, Oklahoma, and A&M.

Quote from: DeltaBoy on June 03, 2014, 09:25:34 am
I expect if we can get 5-8 and we start WINNING then we can move up to getting 10-12 from DFW and the Houston Area.
I agree with this, we won't start getting top talent until we start winning CONSISTENTLY. That's the key. Why has Stanford been doing so well in recruiting lately? They were never good until they started consistently winning with what they had...now they're bringing in talent.

Another thing, and I don't mean to turn this into another Petrino vs Bielema thread, but it also applies to Nutt. At a place like Arkansas where the in-state talent is limited, a coach needs an identity to recruit around and get the top out-of-state talent to come here. Nutt never had an identity. Petrino did have an identity, but we didn't see top-talent QB's and WR's lining up to play for him, at least while he was here.

I think that if Bielema starts doing well in the SEC and we keep Sam Pittman at all costs, top-talent offensive linemen and running backs will want to come here. In a sense, we've already seen it. Alex Collins was the first out-of-state 5* recruit we've signed since they started doing recruiting rankings. Denver Kirkland is from Miami, Dan Skipper is from Colorado, Brian Wallace is from Missouri, Frank Ragnow is from Minnesota, etc. Our offensive line is already recruiting on a national level. We're not quite pulling in the TOP talent, but when we start winning, I think that top-talent OL will have to give Arkansas serious consideration, especially if guys are going to the NFL.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

COACHINTEXAS

This is always the case. Unfortunately, UA coaches doesn't realize it.
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: COACHINTEXAS on June 07, 2014, 07:31:14 am
This is always the case. Unfortunately, UA coaches doesn't realize it.

Yep, totally clueless.

redeye

Quote from: lumphog on June 03, 2014, 06:00:57 pm
CBB needs to have a camp in DFW every year....Is that legal ?

No, I don't think it is legal.  In order to do it, he'll need to work out a deal with a division 3 school, who will let our coaches work "their" camp.  According to some, the NCAA will close that loophole soon, though.

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on June 07, 2014, 02:23:05 pm
No, I don't think it is legal.  In order to do it, he'll need to work out a deal with a division 3 school, who will let our coaches work "their" camp.  According to some, the NCAA will close that loophole soon, though.

It's against SEC rules to have an off campus camp.

redeye

Quote from: ricepig on June 07, 2014, 02:34:56 pm
It's against SEC rules to have an off campus camp.

I knew they were against it, but didn't realize they had ruled on it.  That's good to know!

Does that include all camps or just those outside a specific distance from campus?

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on June 07, 2014, 03:15:37 pm
I knew they were against it, but didn't realize they had ruled on it.  That's good to know!

Does that include all camps or just those outside a specific distance from campus?

All camps, and I don't see it changing. I doubt aTm, Georgia, or Florida wants other SEC schools having camps in their state, I doubt any school does for that matter.

redeye

June 07, 2014, 03:51:18 pm #49 Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:02:02 pm by redeye
Quote from: ricepig on June 07, 2014, 03:33:50 pm
All camps, and I don't see it changing. I doubt aTm, Georgia, or Florida wants other SEC schools having camps in their state, I doubt any school does for that matter.

Yea, I agree, but I was also wondering about instate camps.  Now that I think of it, I believe RD said that several Texas schools hold off-campus, instate camps, but that A&M couldn't do it and that's probably due to the SEC ruling you mention.