Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Summer Baseball 2014

Started by ucahogfan, May 27, 2014, 03:39:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sueie

dotnet

The best part of this is Killian getting to work all summer with Rob Childress... who is one of the best pitching coaches in the country.  Between Childress and Jorn... that will be as good of coaching you can get for an 12 month period.

Sueie

Yeah. But Childress is still an AGGIE. Lol.

dotnet

I saw something on twitter... is Killian for sure on the team or is he just one of the many that have been invited to try out?

ucahogfan

Quote from: dotnet on June 19, 2014, 09:37:25 am
I saw something on twitter... is Killian for sure on the team or is he just one of the many that have been invited to try out?
He has been invited to the try out, but let's be honest here, DVH is going to want one of his guys on the team this summer.

Kevin

i was hoping beintendi would get an invite.  especially being a draft eligible sophomore
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dotnet

Quote from: Kevin on June 19, 2014, 10:36:17 am
i was hoping beintendi would get an invite.  especially being a draft eligible sophomore

a 275 (in the sec) hitting sophmore isn't making the team....

Sueie

Quote from: dotnet on June 19, 2014, 12:24:33 pm
a 275 (in the sec) hitting sophmore isn't making the team....

How about a 275 hitting freshman?  >:(
Has he ever gotten AB on the summer team he is playing on?

Prestn

Quote from: dotnet on June 19, 2014, 09:37:25 am

I think 33 are on the current roster and it will be cut down to 24 June 29th or the 30th. I read they are taking 12 pitchers and 6 spots are still up for grab.

As UCA said, I would bet DVH picks him up but you never know 100%.

If he doesn't make the final roster TK is heading back to the Cape for Gatemen.

yraciv

I can't imagine how a conversation to cut Trey Killian from the national team would go. DVH "Trey you are my ace, you work hard, you are going to be one of my team captains this fall, but I think the Cape will serve you better this summer.  See  you in the fall!"

Yeah let's just say I don't see it going down like that.

Prestn

Quote from: dotnet on June 18, 2014, 08:48:03 pm
The best part of this is Killian getting to work all summer with Rob Childress... who is one of the best pitching coaches in the country.  Between Childress and Jorn... that will be as good of coaching you can get for an 12 month period.

Rob Childress thinks pretty highly of Killian also, so I would say its Killians spot to lose. 

Prestn

Which ball do they use on international play? College or Pro or new College?

dotnet

Quote from: Prestn on June 19, 2014, 04:35:27 pm
Rob Childress thinks pretty highly of Killian also, so I would say its Killians spot to lose. 

I would think so - he saw Killian be really impressive twice. 

Kevin

June 20, 2014, 12:13:29 pm #63 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:52:16 pm by Kevin
Jackson, Z 2 2 0 11.0 9 6 6 5 19 1 1 0 1 1 4.90 -

zach jackson 11 innings, 9 hits, 6 earned runs, 19 k's, 4.90 era

teague 10 innings, 5 hits, 1 earned run,6 k's, .90 era

gassaway .241, 13 hits, 2 doubles, 2 rbi

barr 17.1 innings, 8 hits, 2 earned, 15 k's, 1.03 era

a. phillips 3.2 innings, 3 hits, 3 earned runs, 7.36era

simpson 5.1 innings, 4 hits, 1 earned, 6 k's ,1.68 era

shaddy .346, 18 hits, 4 doubles, triple, 2 rbi

vasser 8 innings, 7 hits, 3 earned, 3.37 era

pennell .220, 9 hits, 1 double 5 rbi

chadwick 8 innings, 6 hits, 4 earned, 1 walk, 13 k's ,4.50era

jake smith 10 innings, 12 hits, 8 earned, 6.30 era

gosser, 3 at bats in 2 games, 1-3, with 3 walks

nomura .340, 18 hits, 1 double, 2 triples, 6 rbi

taccolini 8 innings, 8 hits, 7 k's, 2 walks, 1.04 era

beintendi no longer on the roster
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

ucahogfan

Nathan Rodriguez is 3-10 in 3 games with 1 2B, 1 RBI, and scored a run.  He hasn't caught yet because he is on the same team as Bryce Carter and Tim Susnara who are top 85 players in the 2014 class.  Carter is a Tulsa kid heading to Stanford for college and Susnara will be spending his college career at Oregon.  Hopefully Rodriguez will get to catch, but he appears to be third on the roster right now.

hoofer

Quote from: Kevin on June 19, 2014, 10:36:17 am

why is benitendi a draft eligible sophomore? that sucks for us.

Kevin

Quote from: hoofer on June 21, 2014, 10:38:50 am
why is benitendi a draft eligible sophomore? that sucks for us.

his age & birthdate.

like cox was.  stanek missed it by like 3 days

ucahogfan

Quote from: Kevin on June 21, 2014, 01:14:32 pm
his age & birthdate.

like cox was.  stanek missed it by like 3 days
Yep, and I think Bonfield could be a DE Sophomore as well depending on draft day.  I think his birthday is in mid July.

Matt Brown will be a DE RS Freshman next year.

ucahogfan

Clark Eagan got his first action since June 11 today and had his worst game of the summer.  He still had a multi-hit game as he went 2-6 and scored his first run of the summer.  Good to see him back in action.

JonClaudeVanHam

What is up with Benintendi?
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Kevin

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 22, 2014, 09:16:37 pm
Clark Eagan got his first action since June 11 today and had his worst game of the summer.  He still had a multi-hit game as he went 2-6 and scored his first run of the summer.  Good to see him back in action.

glad he is back in action

accdnhog

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on June 23, 2014, 05:54:53 am
Does anyone know what he was told before leaving for the summer?

Sueie

Quote from: accdnhog on June 23, 2014, 11:55:00 am
Does anyone know what he was told before leaving for the summer?

No. Except probably him and the person who told him.

Sueie

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on June 23, 2014, 05:54:53 am

Since we did not send anyone else to the Cape. He should have went up there.  Does anyone know why Posche did not go there?

Kevin

Dvh said last PC, that there was a problem.  That is all he said about poche not going to the cape

Prestn

Killian is scheduled to start for Team USA Wednesday.

Sueie

Are any of those games on television?

accdnhog

Quote from: Kevin on June 23, 2014, 02:05:37 pm
Dvh said last PC, that there was a problem.  That is all he said about poche not going to the cape
Poche had Tommy John.

dotnet

Quote from: accdnhog on June 24, 2014, 07:14:47 am
Poche had Tommy John.

That sucks.  So that means a redshirt next year and then he'll pitch in 2016?

jbell96

Poche needing Tommy John explains a lot of his struggles this past year. Hope he recovers nicely & can contribute once he's healthy again.

Brewerfan10

Quote from: dotnet on June 24, 2014, 07:41:42 am

Makes getting McKinney to campus that much bigger.

accdnhog

Quote from: dotnet on June 24, 2014, 07:41:42 am
I would not hold my breath. The road from Flower Mound back to Fayetteville may well be difficult to travel.

rolyat_2008

sounds like Geoffrey Davenport 2.0

Sueie

Quote from: accdnhog on June 24, 2014, 10:44:17 am
I would not hold my breath. The road from Flower Mound back to Fayetteville may well be difficult to travel.

You could possibly be correct on that statement.  Does he take a redshirt year and enter the draft next spring?  Does he take a redshirt year and transfer to another D-1 school?

AirForceHog

Quote from: Prestn on June 23, 2014, 06:28:40 pm
Killian is scheduled to start for Team USA Wednesday.

This game is not more than 30 miles from my house. I am a night shift worker and can't get off. It is killing me.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

ricepig

Quote from: AirForceHog on June 25, 2014, 03:44:12 pm
This game is not more than 30 miles from my house. I am a night shift worker and can't get off. It is killing me.

**Couch Couch** looks like you're running a fever.....

Prestn

Quote from: Sueie on June 23, 2014, 06:57:02 pm
Are any of those games on television?

All I seen is a play by play on the usabaseball.com website.

ricepig

Quote from: Prestn on June 25, 2014, 04:21:48 pm
All I seen is a play by play on the usabaseball.com website.

And @RazorbackBSB RHP Trey Killian strikes out the side for the second time tonight! His final line: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 7 K

yraciv

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2014, 07:14:23 pm
And @RazorbackBSB RHP Trey Killian strikes out the side for the second time tonight! His final line: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 7 K

Good to see team USA can at least get him run support.  Trey was probably in shock after a 3 run first inning.

ucahogfan

Rapids Rafters @RapidsRafters     ·   7h   

Zach Jackson is either dreaming about striking out 10 bullfrogs or about an ice cream sundae

It must have been an ice cream sundae as Jackson didn't exactly have a great outing tonight departing after only 1 IP.  Looks like he might be struggling a little adjusting to being a starter.

ucahogfan

Rapids Rafters @RapidsRafters     ·   22m   

Clark Eagan, just a humble kid from Appleton but a hero to many, ties this one up with a two RBI triple. 3-3 game

Waldron_Hog

ucahogfan

Rapids Rafters @RapidsRafters     ·   48m   

That Eagan fella does it again, an RBI single scores Zack 'Z-Do' Domingues. Rafters lead 4-3

ucahogfan

Oaks Baseball @Conejo_Oaks     ·   2h   

A triple by Rick Nomura ties the Oaks and Catch 2-2 after 4.5 innings of play.

Oaks Baseball @Conejo_Oaks     ·   3h   

Top 1st: Nomura singles, gets picked off trying to steal 2nd. Ramer flies out. Garelick flies out.

PUF Capitalists @pufcaps     ·   Jun 23   

Caps 4 game win streak ends w/ 8-6 loss to WC Crawdads. Hart (USC) w/ a very good outing. Gray (Rice) & Rodriguez (Arkansas) 2 hits each.

ucahogfan

Oaks Baseball @Conejo_Oaks     ·   1h   

Jefferson singles, advances to 2nd on a dropped ball. Huntley scores on a wild pitch. Nomura singles, Jefferson scores. Oaks lead 2-0!

Meanwhile, Clark Eagan is 2-3 right now in the top of the 6th of his current game.  He was hitting .440 (11-25) entering tonight's action.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Eagan's making a statement!

ucahogfan

Clark Eagan continues his campaign for hottest hitter in the Northwoods League as he was hitting .448 (13-29) entering tonight's action and is 2-3 right now with a 2B and 2 RBIs.

ucahogfan

Quick California League Update:

Dominic Taccolini - 1-1, 1.84 ERA, 14.2 IP, 10 K, 10 H, 4 BB

Big Taco's team is currently 17-4 for the summer so it would appear he is on a very good team.

Rick Nomura - .337 (30-89), 3 2B, 3 3B, 11 R, 9 RBIs, 8 BB, 14 K, 6-11 SB

Nathan Rodriguez - .343 (12-35), 3 2B, 3 R, 9 RBIs, 2 BB, 5 K, 0-1 SB

Matt Brown - .130 (3-23), 2 2B, 1 R, 3 RBIs, 2 BB, 9 K

Andrew Kelley - 1-1, 3.26 ERA, 15.1 IP, 6 K, 16 H, 9 BB

I really like how well both Nomura and Rodriguez are doing because they are coming in to positions that don't have returning starters and could start right away.  Hopefully they both keep it up.

yraciv

Matt Brown, ouch! I thought some people said this guy could hit blindfolded.

dotnet

With how important tacolini, Eagan and Rodriguez are to the team next year... This is really good to see. He's a catcher who is hitting better than nomura and a few years younger.