Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Of the 8 Razorback Players To Sign With An NFL Team This Year...

Started by sportster365, May 22, 2014, 04:33:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Of the 8 Razorback Players To Sign With An NFL Team This Year, Who Will Have The Biggest Impact In The League?

Travis Swanson - Detroit Lions
Chris Smith - Jacksonville Jaguars
Kiero Smalls - Seattle Seahawks
Zach Hocker - Washington Redskins
Robert Thomas - Washington Redskins
David Hurd - Miami Dolphins
Jevontee Herndon - San Diego Chargers
Julian Horton - Tennessee Titans

sportster365

My top three were
Swanson - Scouts saying he's lacking upper body strength. Key for OLmen
Chris Smith - Undersized For NFL DE. Not sure how comfortable he'd be at LB
Zach Hocker - NFL's moving back the point after... could prove to be very important

I'll take Hocker!

Hogarusa

I would say its just a 2 man race between Swanson and Hocker.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Don Hogleone on May 22, 2014, 04:33:55 pm
My top three were
Swanson - Scouts saying he's lacking upper body strength. Key for OLmen
Chris Smith - Undersized For NFL DE. Not sure how comfortable he'd be at LB
Zach Hocker - NFL's moving back the point after... could prove to be very important

I'll take Hocker!

Immediate impact or eventually?
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Don Hogleone on May 22, 2014, 05:05:30 pm
eventually

I think it is a stretch to predict at this point. Hocker has the best chance to have an immediate impact, but Kiero might surprise some people by playing regularly, even if in a limited role. Herndon and Horton also have a chance to play early if they run crisp patterns, get separation and show that they are willing to secure catches in a crowd.

Smith, Swanson, Thomas and Hurd are going to have to have time to adapt and grow in a league of greater strength and speed. You never know what might happen, but I expect the others to have more potential success in the NFL more immediately than the Linemen.
Go Hogs Go!

Professor Psychosis

bennyl08

Small and Hocker will play immediately. Detroit already has a good center, but his contract ends after the season. To date, a lot of our OL haven't had much staying power, and combined with his lack of actual bench press power, we'll see.

Smith will either have a long career or no career. There are lots of tweeners out there. He'll either be successful or not. Given that his combine was nearly identical to first rounder Dee Ford, I'm leaning towards long career for him.

Thomas has a good shot to actually make a roster IMO. He put up great numbers this year for a DT before being injured. I could see him having an alvin bailey type rookie season.

Herndon has a chance to make a roster. His pro day numbers were very impressive. However, even very good receivers generally take about 3 years before they actually become useful. If he can stick around for 3 years, he could stay longer. THe trick will be convincing a team that he is worth the wait.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Doug

Would really help if you could spell players names correctly. :)

I'm kind of defensive when someone spells my birthday brother's name wrong (and yes, he is on your list, no I will not tell you which one it is).
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

jgphillips3

Hocker will be immediately useful and Kiero is a close second in terms of immediate usefulness to his team.

Calling All Hogs

Obviously Hocker as far as immediate impact. Kiero is probably the most NFL ready player because of his level of strength.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: Doug on May 22, 2014, 06:48:50 pm
Would really help if you could spell players names correctly. :)

I'm kind of defensive when someone spells my birthday brother's name wrong (and yes, he is on your list, no I will not tell you which one it is).

You're killing me SmallS
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.