Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ominous note about SEC Network and DirecTV from SEC Commissioner Slive

Started by WizardofhOgZ, May 22, 2014, 09:11:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

KC, my comment about customer service above was a specific response to my confidence in their (the ones that answer the phone if you call their toll-free number) comprehension of the SEC network and ability to provide any meaningful update that fans here don't already know.

I have gotten some decent customer service from that from time to time on simple issues.  But programming issues are altogether different.  And, there is a difference between being dealt with quickly (I agree that they don't want these folks to get entangled in a time-consuming and unlikely-to-make-the-customer-feel-better conversation about programming), and the unmistakable feeling that they don't even know what you are talking about.

Quote from: k.c.hawg on May 25, 2014, 01:03:08 pm
This is by design. They don't want customer service level employees discussing something as complicated as programming negotiations with customers. It is an open ended conversation that can go on for a helluva lot longer than the time allotted they are given to "dispose of" a call that deals with a billing issue or a sell. It is very possible that they have a key word flag they enter without the customers knowledge for the powers that be to be able to gauge the overall customer response to a programming issue.

I got DirecTV when there were well under 200,000 subscribers. I was told by a manager that I have one of the only 6 digit account numbers left in their system. When you figure in the sports packages I subscribe to, my bill pretty much runs $180 a month and in return I have always gotten every equipment upgrade rapidly and relatively cost free and I get outstanding response anytime I've ever had a problem. I have faith DirecTV will get the SEC Network before opening day of football season but "if" they don't and play hardball more than a week or two in, I will drop my 20 year relationship with them and never go back.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on May 22, 2014, 10:19:03 am
Uverse and Dish Network

About time. Growing weary of having to go to my brothers (who has Cox), to see an SEC game.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

PeabodyHawg

Porked Tongue

I'm on Direct and it beats the socks off of Dish and Cox.  I will hope for the best and wait it out.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Boston RedHogs

Quote from: "Pickled" Pig's Pete on May 25, 2014, 11:52:50 am
Enjoy the Sunday Ticket with Direct while you can...

If you're saying that DirecTV will eventually carry the SEC network, but may not have the NFL Sunday Ticket you are misguided.  There is not a sport in this land that even comes close to rivaling the popularity of the NFL.

NFL > SEC college football......and it's not even close.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on May 27, 2014, 09:16:59 pm

If you're saying that DirecTV will eventually carry the SEC network, but may not have the NFL Sunday Ticket you are misguided.  There is not a sport in this land that even comes close to rivaling the popularity of the NFL.

NFL > SEC college football......and it's not even close.

Yep, DTV will move mountains to keep the Sunday Ticket.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Porked Tongue

They are the best provider for all the "ticket" packages.  All channels HD and for baseball you get feeds from both teams.

I got NFL Ticket for free last year when I called to reup.  Hoping for that again.