Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rusev

Started by hvsupastar, May 20, 2014, 11:37:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hvsupastar

Rusev. Is he a Russian or a Bulgarian by character? I'm a bit confused
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Eddie Goodson

Beginning to wonder if anyone in WWE creative knows there is a difference. But then again Lana makes me contemplate becoming Russian.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

PowderedToastMan

He is Bulgarian (hence the nickname "Bulgarian Brute"). Lana is Russian ("The Ravishing Russian). Lana has said that they welcome Rusev in Russia.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

Doug

Bulgarian by Character. Bulgarian by birth.

Wow, just saw that he was trained by Gangrel and Rikishi. Interesting choice of trainers, but for his sheer size, it makes sense.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

TheRazorback500

I thought I heard Cole say that he was living in Russia now.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hvsupastar

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on May 27, 2014, 09:38:05 pm
I thought I heard Cole say that he was living in Russia now.

They did the first week that they started putting Putin on the titantron. Now he is Bulgarian and I guess a Russian enthusiast
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Doug

Quote from: TheRazorback500I thought I heard Cole say that he was living in Russia now.
Quote from: hvsupastarThey did the first week that they started putting Putin on the titantron. Now he is Bulgarian and I guess a Russian enthusiast
They still have the Russian tie in with Rusev's manager, Lana. Ironically enough, Lana (real name C.J. Perry) legitimately lived in Latvia for several years as a child.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

jbcarol

Quote from: Doug on May 28, 2014, 01:34:22 pm
They still have the Russian tie in with Rusev's manager, Lana. Ironically enough, Lana (real name C.J. Perry) legitimately lived in Latvia for several years as a child.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Doug

Yep, she's an FSU Seminole Grad. :)
--Doug

zane

As long as Lana keeps coming out to the ring with him, I couldn't care less about where he's from
RIP LSUfan

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: zane on May 28, 2014, 05:28:35 pm
As long as Lana keeps coming out to the ring with him, I couldn't care less about where he's from

Tell me about it....HOTNESS, we need a PlayBoy spread
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Richard_white

June 13, 2014, 04:52:29 pm #11 Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 05:16:19 pm by Richard_white
I like his character. But we will be a fool that he won't be fed to Cena.  Just like Wyatt and others.

hawgs34

They are close to running out of black guys for him to squash. 

jbell96

Quote from: DewUar88 on June 11, 2014, 02:55:13 pm
Tell me about it....HOTNESS, we need a PlayBoy spread

If you google CJ Perry your dreams will come true.

Hogwop

Quote from: jbell96 on June 25, 2014, 01:39:43 pm

Glad I took your advice
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

zane

Quote from: jbell96 on June 25, 2014, 01:39:43 pm

WHEW!! She is glorious
RIP LSUfan

Big Papa Satan

Eddie Goodson

"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Big Papa Satan

It's a good comic.

jbcarol

What did you think of The Rock confronting Rusev and Lana?
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Dr. Starcs

The_Iceman

Quote from: jbcarol on October 07, 2014, 05:25:18 am
What did you think of The Rock confronting Rusev and Lana?

It was great. I just wish Lana would have set it up a little better before the music hit. Maybe something like "We have defeated Jack Swagger, Mark Henry, and now the Big Show has ran away like a coward. You have no one left that can stand up to the Mighty Rusev".....(long pause)....cue music!

Then, I would have had a more dramatic standoff with Rusev standing face to face with the Rock before they traded blows. Really prop up Rusev and sell him. However, I think last night still did a fantastic job of exciting the fans and not burying Rusev.

SwinerBock

When the Rock went into his "jabroni beating, pie eating, trailblazing, eyebrow raising" schtick, was it my imagination or did he point or look directly at Lana when he said "pie eating"?  If so, that just adds to the greatness.

jbell96

#moscowmooseknuckle

Doug

Quote from: SwinerBock on October 07, 2014, 10:41:18 am
When the Rock went into his "jabroni beating, pie eating, trailblazing, eyebrow raising" schtick, was it my imagination or did he point or look directly at Lana when he said "pie eating"?  If so, that just adds to the greatness.
He definitely looked at Lana on that one.
--Doug

who knows

I was actually glad they let him speak English on the Mic
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

HogScoutMaster

Finally got to watch my RAW lastnight with GREAT surprise!!!!

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Hogwop

Dammit the one time something interesting happens on RAW I have to miss it because the DVR didn't record it. To youtube I go
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

One Bad Boy

When The rock made reference to Rusev's breath smelling like something of Chewbacca's cracked me up!

jbell96

I've got mixed feelings on the Rusev/Rock confrontation. If there is a follow up to this where Rusev comes out looking stronger then I'm all for it, but if this is just a one time thing that is supposed to be forgotten about, then that angle on Monday was pointless. Consistently having part time guys look stronger than the full time guys is going to eventually bite the company in the rear.

who knows

No way the rock jobs to Rusev

The_Iceman

Quote from: jbell96 on October 09, 2014, 11:14:42 am
I've got mixed feelings on the Rusev/Rock confrontation. If there is a follow up to this where Rusev comes out looking stronger then I'm all for it, but if this is just a one time thing that is supposed to be forgotten about, then that angle on Monday was pointless. Consistently having part time guys look stronger than the full time guys is going to eventually bite the company in the rear.

Rusev has huge potential as the U.S. Champion. He could bring a lot of heat using the US Title as a way to mock the fans. I think it would be great and I could see some mid-card guys really elevating their status feuding with him.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Doug on October 07, 2014, 11:44:20 am
He definitely looked at Lana on that one.

Definitely would.

jbcarol

WWE Hell in a Cell 2014: Results and observations from the show

QuoteRusev beat Big Show when Show passed out to the Accolade. During the match, Mark Henry came down, but he only got involved briefly when he jumped up on the apron and was immediately kicked off by Rusev. It was surprising how dominant Rusev looked, as I expected there to be some sort of dirty finish, but this match just made Rusev look even stronger.

Eddie Goodson

I want Daniel Bryan to be the one come back and beat him. I'm guessing it will be Cena though.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 27, 2014, 03:18:53 pm
I want Daniel Bryan to be the one come back and beat him. I'm guessing it will be Cena though.

Daniel Bryan would be a good choice because he has that underdog American hero story to him. I'm not sure it would be as special if Roman Reigns came back and did it.

But it could honestly be another year before we ever see Bryan in the ring again. His injuries don't sound good.

Big Papa Satan

Of course it will be Cena.

nattyhypethe3rd

It's definitely going to be Cena
"Don't talk like one of them, you're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me. They need you right now. But when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper. See, their morals, their code... it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you, when the chips are down, these... these civilized people? They'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve."- The Joker from The Dark Knight

jbell96

jbcarol

How about the icon?

Eddie Goodson

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: jbell96 on October 30, 2014, 11:57:06 am
Yup, as always.

Which reminds of a pic I saw on Twitter the other day.

jbcarol

Rusev instantly adds credibility to the United States title

The Bulgarian Brute from Russia won his first singles title in the WWE when he defeated Sheamus for the United States Championship in a very good match that aired exclusively on the WWE Network.

QuoteI don't think there's anyone out there that can say with a straight face that Rusev isn't over as a heel.

But one day, he will have to lose. However, the person he loses to will be better for it, and so will the United States title. The next United States title change will actually mean something.

I'm glad the WWE had him work his way up to a championship instead of having it tossed upon him as soon as he broke in. That type of slow build is very beneficial for everyone involved.

jbcarol

Is the Ryback-Rusev feud going to work?

SwinerBock

Quote from: jbcarol on December 22, 2014, 03:14:21 pm
Is the Ryback-Rusev feud going to work?
Meh... like a neutered dog, I just don't get it.  You've given Rusev this massive push, allowing him to bulldoze star after star.  Now you've started to push Ryback again as this unstoppable force.  At some point, Rusev needs to lose, but to whom?  In ye olden days, heels that got this long of a push wound up facing the top face in the company, and you let that story line flow for a few pay-per-views.  Ryback is not *the* face, so conventional wisdom is Ryback will not be the one to end Rusev's streak.  But then, are they really gonna derail Ryback's push to further Rusev's?

Like I said, I don't get it.

who knows

Not really for sure what happened to Zeb... but I thought Swagger with/Zeb vs Rusev was great entertainment...

Eddie Goodson

I thought they were building to a Rusev/Swagger WM match. I am now not so sure that they going to build to a Rusev/Reigns match at Summer Slam.

SwinerBock

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 23, 2014, 08:01:53 am
I thought they were building to a Rusev/Swagger WM match. I am now not so sure that they going to build to a Rusev/Reigns match at Summer Slam.
Heck, they had Swagger dropping one to the flamingo fella last night.  WWE Creative is schizoid.  They book Swagger as being nearly able to hold his own with Rusev, then turn around and have him losing to the tango terror.

Eddie Goodson

That baffles me too.

Richard_white

If it wasn't for the main event, I would have forgot what I watched last night. Heck I would forgot about it right after it went off.