Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bijhon Jackson

Started by SamBuckhart, May 20, 2014, 11:10:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

In my opinion Bijhon reminds me of Cortez Kennedy.  Low to the ground.  Country boy strong.
Retired Radio Host

GuvHog

Quote from: TDHawgs on May 20, 2014, 02:19:56 pm
You guys made me go back and find this video. So glad he's a Razorback!!!

Arkansas defensive line commitment Bijhon Jackson of El Dorado goes against two Alabama offensive line commitments at The Opening at Nike Headquarters.
The first rep is Jackson vs. Montel McBride, second vs. J.C. Hassenauer and the third against McBride.

Jeeeez-O-Peete!!!!  :o :o :o  I was about say "Redshirt" but forget about that! They gotta get THAT guy in the games ASAP!!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 24, 2014, 07:29:50 am
Here you go ChitownHawg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXryr5jkxFs

Nick wanted him... and we got him.

Nice quickness, footwork, strength and speed.

" GO HOGS "

As was stated in a thread about Ty Arkansas high school is not at the level as some of the other SEC states. However, if this is the case then you want that player destroying the competition.

Now here is my question for the people who followed him through high school. In the above highlight he is destroying everybody which a highlight film is suppose to do. Now the question - was he doing this to everybody? Did he do this at the Army game?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

PorkRinds

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 25, 2014, 12:09:05 pm
And that is the attitude of someone reaching great heights. Just a class act. A few years ago he caught some flack here as he refused to go to the White House with the other 85 Bears. I cannot remember what it was but it had to do with not liking some politics of Obama.

He stood his ground.

Along with completely missing the point that you can be honored by the president with your team and not agree with his politics.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 25, 2014, 02:36:26 pm
Along with completely missing the point that you can be honored by the president with your team and not agree with his politics.

Well if you have no respect for the man then I can understand why he didn't go. If you feel strongly about something then stand tall no matter what.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

HogFanatic

I wouldn't go if I were invited either.
Screw those clowns.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on May 25, 2014, 01:03:30 pm
In my opinion Bijhon reminds me of Cortez Kennedy.  Low to the ground.  Country boy strong.

Nice comparison.  Bring me 10 more of those.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

you can be honored by the president with your team and not agree with his politics.

I loath BHO, but i have to agree.  If I was on a championship team who was being recognized by the POTUS, I'm sure I'd go even if that POTUS was BHO.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Inhogswetrust

Nice to live in a country where you can protest politicians like that and not be prosecuted if you don't respect him or his politics. You don't have to bow down to the president in this country if you don't agree with him. He isn't a King. He has a job. Nothing more nothing less.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PorkRinds

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 25, 2014, 04:25:43 pm
Nice to live in a country where you can protest politicians like that and not be prosecuted if you don't respect him or his politics. You don't have to bow down to the president in this country if you don't agree with him. He isn't a King. He has a job. Nothing more nothing less.

Being honored with your team is not bowing down. It's being honored. Mere power to him for doing what he thinks he needs to do, I just think it was ignorant. Great football players aren't always the sharpest knives in the drawer and that was pretty classless IMO.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 25, 2014, 04:30:27 pm
Being honored with your team is not bowing down. It's being honored. Mere power to him for doing what he thinks he needs to do, I just think it was ignorant. Great football players aren't always the sharpest knives in the drawer and that was pretty classless IMO.

Sorry I didn't realize my comments were going to turn the thread honoring Bijhon into a political thread. The young man's talents and forthcoming Razorback career deserves not to be in a political argument.

My apologies.

Tyro3

Bet you wouldn't tell him that to his face, he was one of the best and always a class act!

(not sure what mere power is?)

Inhogswetrust

Ignorant. No way, shape or form. He KNEW exactly what he was doing so it couldn't have been ignorant. Perhaps you need to define how it is ignorant. I assure you he isn't dumb. He is a pretty sharp knife. Your "classless" statement is saying you think because of political position someone deserves more "class" given to them than anyone else. That isn't what this country is about. The great thing about this country is he has a right to not go see the President if he wants not to, just like you have the right to go if invited and you think the President is above you because of his job. He isn't the first to turn down an invitation to visit the President and won't be the last. Who he should feel bad about is NOT being with something to honor his teammates but NOT because it was by the President. Why do, you think Presidents do these type things in the first place? It isn't because they are a fan of a certain team I bet but for plain old ordinary POLITICAL and PUBLICITY reasons. People that put political jobs on a pedestal in this country make me wonder why.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PorkRinds

Quote from: Tyro3 on May 25, 2014, 04:59:22 pm
Bet you wouldn't tell him that to his face, he was one of the best and always a class act!

(not sure what mere power is?)

Mere power is an obvious typo.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 25, 2014, 05:47:43 pm
Ignorant. No way, shape or form. He KNEW exactly what he was doing so it couldn't have been ignorant. Perhaps you need to define how it is ignorant. I assure you he isn't dumb. He is a pretty sharp knife. Your "classless" statement is saying you think because of political position someone deserves more "class" given to them than anyone else. That isn't what this country is about. The great thing about this country is he has a right to not go see the President if he wants not to, just like you have the right to go if invited and you think the President is above you because of his job. He isn't the first to turn down an invitation to visit the President and won't be the last. Who he should feel bad about is NOT being with something to honor his teammates but NOT because it was by the President. Why do, you think Presidents do these type things in the first place? It isn't because they are a fan of a certain team I bet but for plain old ordinary POLITICAL and PUBLICITY reasons. People that put political jobs on a pedestal in this country make me wonder why.

Fair enough. I think when your entire team is getting together to be honored, you should go. Letting your personal politics get in the way isn't a classy way to handle it IMO. I think it shows a lack of awareness about what the point really was, which is why I said ignorant. It's cool if you don't agree. Im not really worried about it though. And I'm really happy about Bijhon being part of the hogs. So yeah. Back on topic.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 25, 2014, 10:03:59 am
Nice!!

The Bar is Joe's on Weed St. We will def put a list of fans together and throw a shindig or 5, it would be great to hang with other Hog Fans!!  :razorback:
Keep us posted! 

What town? Suburb?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 25, 2014, 05:49:02 am
You are right. Probably what I should have said was best skills since Hampton. Now can he accomplish what Hampton did? Only time will tell, but he is starting out with some God given talent.
agreed, no one is pulling for Bijohn to do well any more than I....I hope he's the best player ever to wear a hog helmet
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

TheRazorback500

He needs to be good quickly-not much DL depth this year..
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Big Papa Satan

that was pretty classless IMO.

Given that that entire administration is classless, it was a smart decision by Hampton.

ChitownHawg

May 26, 2014, 05:53:23 am #69 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:43:47 am by ChitownHawg
Quote from: TheRazorback500 on May 25, 2014, 11:13:05 pm
He needs to be good quickly-not much DL depth this year..

From the film I have seen he will be very good very quickly. Linemen seemed not to be able to latch on to him. He seemed to shed blocks very well. He was able to power his way through or use speed depending on the offensive play.

What will concern me the most is his stamina. Being a freshman how will his strength and body hold up in late October? This year's schedule does have some good in that our byes are before Bama and LSU. Should give him time to rest his legs.

Hawg_Thai'd

I know some of the guys are starting to filter in. Does anyone know when Bijhon gets to campus, or the rest of the guys for that matter?
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

grayhawg

I for one disagree with this, I would have done the same thing if I disagreed with his politics.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on May 26, 2014, 06:18:52 am
I know some of the guys are starting to filter in. Does anyone know when Bijhon gets to campus, or the rest of the guys for that matter?

Good point as I think you are wondering when Herb will get his hands on them? And they get into the coaches' Summer program. The earlier they get on campus the better they will be prepared for Fall camp.

Also trying to stop the political talk, I started, and back to the OP's intent of the thread before a mod sends it to the Vents forum.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 26, 2014, 07:46:41 am
Good point as I think you are wondering when Herb will get his hands on them? And they get into the coaches' Summer program. The earlier they get on campus the better they will be prepared for Fall camp.

Also trying to stop the political talk, I started, and back to the OP's intent of the thread before a mod sends it to the Vents forum.

The first 8 week summer semester begins tomorrow, May 27th, I think. 1st 5 week session begins June 27th. I haven't been able to find anything about an actual reporting date for the team, but I bet that Mike Irwin knows.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 26, 2014, 07:46:41 am
Good point as I think you are wondering when Herb will get his hands on them? And they get into the coaches' Summer program. The earlier they get on campus the better they will be prepared for Fall camp...
http://razorbackfanzone.com/razorwire/exclusivebijhon-jackson-interviewarkansas-razorbacksfootball-recruiting/

Note: Bijhon won the Dan Hampton award as the best lineman in Arkansas.

About Arkansas Fans and Twitter:" When you commit to Arkansas, They let you know it ". (laughter)

Message to Arkansas Fans: " I'm gonna bring you something Arkansas hasn't had in a few years ".

At the 9:30 mark he is beside an average size human, and a little later CBB looks pleased.

He said May 28 is his report date.

" GOD BLESS AMERICA "

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 26, 2014, 08:49:13 am
http://razorbackfanzone.com/razorwire/exclusivebijhon-jackson-interviewarkansas-razorbacksfootball-recruiting/

Note: Bijhon won the Dan Hampton award as the best lineman in Arkansas.

About Arkansas Fans and Twitter:" When you commit to Arkansas, They let you know it ". (laughter)

Message to Arkansas Fans: " I'm gonna bring you something Arkansas hasn't had in a few years ".

At the 9:30 mark he is beside an average size human, and a little later CBB looks pleased.

He said May 28 is his report date.

" GOD BLESS AMERICA "

Liddell may be coming in now also. Not sure. Hopefully Mike can chime in and give us a few details.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

rzrbackramsfan

Bijhon got on campus last night via twitter.