Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bijhon Jackson

Started by SamBuckhart, May 20, 2014, 11:10:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SamBuckhart

May 20, 2014, 11:10:54 am Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:21:54 am by SamBuckheart
Just saw him graduate in El Dorado last night. Looking forward to see his play this year. Another freshman ALL SEC? Who was the last DT from Arkansas to be all conference as a freshman before Darius Philon?  :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

sickboy

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Pigdiana Jones

Are you referring to the basketball player? That's Corliss Williamson. Not the spelling you gave. :)
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: SamBuckheart on May 20, 2014, 11:10:54 am
Just saw him graduate in El Dorado last night. Looking forward to see his play this year. Another freshman ALL SEC? Who was the last DT from Arkansas to be all conference as a freshman before Darius Philon?  :razorback:
Trey Flowers. The SEC all-freshmen team doesn't discriminate between DT's and DE's. He was all-SEC freshman in 2011 and Byran Jones was in 2010.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

TDHawgs

May 20, 2014, 02:19:56 pm #5 Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:46:04 am by TDHawgs
You guys made me go back and find this video. So glad he's a Razorback!!!

Arkansas defensive line commitment Bijhon Jackson of El Dorado goes against two Alabama offensive line commitments at The Opening at Nike Headquarters.
The first rep is Jackson vs. Montel McBride, second vs. J.C. Hassenauer and the third against McBride.

PonderinHog

Quote from: TDHawgs on May 20, 2014, 02:19:56 pm

Arkansas defensive line commitment Bijhon Jackson of El Dorado goes against two Alabama offensive line commitments at The Opening at Nike Headquarters.
The first rep is Jackson vs. Montel McBride, second vs. J.C. Hassenauer and the third against McBride.

ChauvinistPig

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 20, 2014, 03:59:08 pm

That's awesome! He beat them on the first 2 face masks, then blocked the third attempt at a face mask and easily won that battle. He's gonna be a beast

Hoggish1

Hawgzinbowlz

Tough to handle his combination of quickness and strength.

Let's save a little of that for this season and beyond.

Deitrich - Darius - Bijhon - Trey

" GO HOGS "

upperdeck_hawg

The refs will let these bama lineman hold  so this will never happen in an sec game
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

hawgmasta

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 20, 2014, 09:35:05 pm
Tough to handle his combination of quickness and strength.

Let's save a little of that for this season and beyond.

Deitrich - Darius - Bijhon - Trey

" GO HOGS "

Man, the potential on that line is unreal. I don't think anyone would accuse me of being a homer but I could see all of those guys getting drafted. Of course Bijhon hasn't played on the SEC yet, but, the ability is there for all of them.

TDHawgs

Alabama wanted him pretty bad, just glad Bijhon is all Razorback and didn't follow Josh Frazier to Bama. He has all the potential in the world. Can't wait to see how he does!!

secfan30

Wow...

Pigsknuckles

Bijhon stands up a bit too quick, and lets blockers inside, and under his pads (observations from HS film). That can be coached. Really want to see him play. He is gonna be a factor.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Ugly Uncle

I was at the Arkansas camp last summer when Jackson was up here.  I walked into DWRRS and the OLinemen were going against the DL.  Bijhon kept whipping whoever they put in front of him.  So, Bielema walked over and the next time Bijhon came up he told two of the biggest OLinemen to block him in that one on one drill.  At the snap he was so quick he split them.  So then Bielema says, "Do not let him split you.  Tighten up."  So they did and he pushed both of them back and the coaches had to blow the whistle to keep them from being pushed down field.  It was like they were on roller skates.  Bielema turned to those of us that were standing there watching and said, "THAT is a defensive linemen folks."

The guys Bijhon pushed around that day were not scabs.  They were the top OL prospects we had at that camp.  That is when I got on the B. Jackson bandwagon.  He is going to be a great one for us.
Retired Radio Host

Uncommon

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on May 22, 2014, 10:47:56 pm
I was at the Arkansas camp last summer when Jackson was up here.  I walked into DWRRS and the OLinemen were going against the DL.  Bijhon kept whipping whoever they put in front of him.  So, Bielema walked over and the next time Bijhon came up he told two of the biggest OLinemen to block him in that one on one drill.  At the snap he was so quick he split them.  So then Bielema says, "Do not let him split you.  Tighten up."  So they did and he pushed both of them back and the coaches had to blow the whistle to keep them from being pushed down field.  It was like they were on roller skates.  Bielema turned to those of us that were standing there watching and said, "THAT is a defensive linemen folks."

The guys Bijhon pushed around that day were not scabs.  They were the top OL prospects we had at that camp.  That is when I got on the B. Jackson bandwagon.  He is going to be a great one for us.
Awesome story. Thanks for sharing. +1

Hawg_Thai'd

Thank you Ched. I am so happy to have Bijhon with us. His heart is true and he is an absolute stud. I just hope that he doesn't get too distracted his first year kinda like AC did. When you're the rockstar everybody wants your time and it makes it a little difficult to concentrate on what you are there for. I'm sure his mom and dad have already talked to him about that. You can tell he had some good raisin'.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

three hog night

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on May 22, 2014, 10:47:56 pm

I am excited for him.  He also was an Arkansas kid that WANTED to be a HOG, so I will pull extra for him.   His talent is amazing and will cure SOME of our depth issues on the interior Dline
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Hawgzinbowlz

Good story UU. Once Bijhon made his decision to attend the UofA I never got the impression that he wavered, in any way, and as a matter of fact he vigorously recruited for the Hogs, (Josh Frazier and others), and is totally focused on The Razorback's success.
      Bijhon is a DL that could go just about anywhere he choose and, HE IS A HOG ! He appears to want The Hogs and Bijhon to be the best possible and he has the tools to develop into a dominant force on the interior of our defensive line.
      When an offensive line coach/offensive coordinator have to think about double teaming two or more defensive lineman, the offense has problems. I'll go out on a limb here and predict that Bijhon will create problems for opposing offenses, as a freshman and beyond. Trey, Darius, Dietrich and our other DL will be accessories to the problems.
      Trey returning, with his quiet leadership, will likely be a calming influence on Bijhon specifically and the entire team. Trey isn't returning to mess around.

" GO HOGS "

ChitownHawg

This video is worth the bump back to the top of the threads.

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 23, 2014, 04:16:12 pm
This video is worth the bump back to the top of the threads.

Here you go ChitownHawg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXryr5jkxFs

Nick wanted him... and we got him.

Nice quickness, footwork, strength and speed.

" GO HOGS "

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 24, 2014, 07:29:50 am
Here you go ChitownHawg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXryr5jkxFs

Nick wanted him... and we got him.

Nice quickness, footwork, strength and speed.

" GO HOGS "

Thanks. We haven't had a DT like that since Dan Hampton. Danimal was unreal and went on to a HOF NFL career. If this kid keeps his head on straight he has the skills to be special. Coach Segrest is going to have fun rotating Phylon and Jackson.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 24, 2014, 07:39:14 am
Thanks. We haven't had a DT like that since Dan Hampton. Danimal was unreal and went on to a HOF NFL career. If this kid keeps his head on straight he has the skills to be special. Coach Segrest is going to have fun rotating Phylon and Jackson.

DH played in your back yard didn't he? I lived in South Bend for 11 years and worked out of Chitown for 2 years, delivering Chitown manufactured new trucks around the USA, when very young ('73-'74).

My gut tells me that, at times, Coach Segrest will play Dietrich, Darius, Bijhon and Trey, at the same time.

All four of the above could realistically be drafted to the NFL or at least have a tryout.

I've been a college football fan since '64, and seen a lot of players, and I think BJ is something special. Lot's of foot quickness, body agility and impressive pursuit speed for someone 330 lbs. +/-. Plus he's as strong as an ox.

" GO HOGS "

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 24, 2014, 08:24:25 am
DH played in your back yard didn't he? I lived in South Bend for 11 years and worked out of Chitown for 2 years, delivering Chitown manufactured new trucks around the USA, when very young ('73-'74).

My gut tells me that, at times, Coach Segrest will play Dietrich, Darius, Bijhon and Trey, at the same time.

All four of the above could realistically be drafted to the NFL or at least have a tryout.

I've been a college football fan since '64, and seen a lot of players, and I think BJ is something special. Lot's of foot quickness, body agility and impressive pursuit speed for someone 330 lbs. +/-. Plus he's as strong as an ox.

" GO HOGS "

I remember one of Hampton's last games. He went down with a hurt knee. A team mate, don't remember who, said he hoped Dan would retire as his knees had been operated on too much. Said Dan just would not quit. You see him from time to time in Chicago and he does have knee problems. Still one of my favorite Hogs.

Our Dline has the skills to be special. Now they just need to put in the work to accomplish it.

HogFanatic

Dlinemen like that are how you slow down the zone read game. You force their offense to assign another lineman to your studs on the dline.

Arkansas feasibly could have a dominant defensive line this year.

yraciv

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 24, 2014, 10:11:18 am
I remember one of Hampton's last games. He went down with a hurt knee. A team mate, don't remember who, said he hoped Dan would retire as his knees had been operated on too much. Said Dan just would not quit. You see him from time to time in Chicago and he does have knee problems. Still one of my favorite Hogs.

Our Dline has the skills to be special. Now they just need to put in the work to accomplish it.

I'm hanging out at the wrong spots up here.  Where are you running in to Dan Hampton in the city?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: yraciv on May 24, 2014, 03:35:39 pm
I'm hanging out at the wrong spots up here.  Where are you running in to Dan Hampton in the city?

Sorry I mean on local tv for various events. I certainly don't have the money to be running in the same circles as he does.  ;D

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 24, 2014, 10:11:18 am

Dan is a friend of mine going all the way back to Junior High School. He would NEVER quit anything.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 24, 2014, 04:10:34 pm
Dan is a friend of mine going all the way back to Junior High School. He would NEVER quit anything.

He was a beast.

The_Hog_Father

Sorry for the OT:

Hey ChitownHawg, what part of town do you live/work?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 24, 2014, 05:08:31 pm
Sorry for the OT:

Hey ChitownHawg, what part of town do you live/work?

Out west in Oswego. Been trying to get a job in the city as my wife and want to move into the city. But no luck.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 24, 2014, 05:56:15 pm
Out west in Oswego. Been trying to get a job in the city as my wife and want to move into the city. But no luck.

Nice. I have not been out there yet... I am in Logan Square now and a studio space for work in West Town.

I was hoping to get some Hog Fans together in the Studio Space for a football game at some point this Fall... Just throwing that out there. I have a 120" screen and a 60" plasma and more monitors on rolling stands. It could be fun!!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 24, 2014, 06:46:01 pm
Nice. I have not been out there yet... I am in Logan Square now and a studio space for work in West Town.

I was hoping to get some Hog Fans together in the Studio Space for a football game at some point this Fall... Just throwing that out there. I have a 120" screen and a 60" plasma and more monitors on rolling stands. It could be fun!!

If we get our wish and move into the city then it is a deal. I think there are quite a few a Hogs up here, but probably scattered all over this huge city.

Also you want to think about upgrading as you might get eye strain on that small 120".  ;D

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 24, 2014, 07:01:38 pm
If we get our wish and move into the city then it is a deal. I think there are quite a few a Hogs up here, but probably scattered all over this huge city.

Also you want to think about upgrading as you might get eye strain on that small 120".  ;D

Awesome!! I use the Panasonic PT-AE8000 Projector for work, while waiting on the next wave of 4K Laser Projectors to hit the Market.  ;)

I haven't found a Razorback Bar up here yet so I thought I would set one up for us and enjoy!

I will make a thread here when I get back from Brazil at the very end of August!

Back on topic... I can't wait to see this young man play!! Thank you for the video above TD and the story UU!  :razorback:

rzrbackramsfan

Man that videos just crazy... I follow him in twitter and from such a nice kid I wouldn't expect to see that mean game he has.  He has to be double right? Because he can bull rush the very best competition.

yraciv

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 24, 2014, 07:29:29 pm
Awesome!! I use the Panasonic PT-AE8000 Projector for work, while waiting on the next wave of 4K Laser Projectors to hit the Market.  ;)

I haven't found a Razorback Bar up here yet so I thought I would set one up for us and enjoy!

I will make a thread here when I get back from Brazil at the very end of August!

Back on topic... I can't wait to see this young man play!! Thank you for the video above TD and the story UU!  :razorback:

FYI we do have a Chicago Razorback Bar.  It's going to be Joe's on Weed next season.  I went to 3 of the events last season, and we usually had a decent crowd.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: yraciv on May 24, 2014, 07:55:55 pm
FYI we do have a Chicago Razorback Bar.  It's going to be Joe's on Weed next season.  I went to 3 of the events last season, and we usually had a decent crowd.

Copy that! Not far away from the Studio, thank you!

And please keep me posted. Cheers! +1

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 24, 2014, 07:43:20 pm
Man that videos just crazy...He has to be double right? Because he can bull rush the very best competition.

If coach Segrest lines up Dietrich Wise - Darius Philon - Bijhon Jackson - Trey Flowers...
At times there won't be enough blockers.
I think all four of these guys present problems for the blocking scheme and we have more good DL.
Let's see how Bijhon and the DL unit fare against the SEC.

" GO HOGS "

Bubba's Bruisers

What's the progress of Hodge and has Winston moved inside?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on May 24, 2014, 08:47:15 pm
If coach Segrest lines up Dietrich Wise - Darius Philon - Bijhon Jackson - Trey Flowers...
At times there won't be enough blockers.
I think all four of these guys present problems for the blocking scheme and we have more good DL.
Let's see how Bijhon and the DL unit fare against the SEC.

" GO HOGS "

Yea we'll have to wait and see , but geez, that's 3-4 nfl d lineman all playing their natural position.  The Only one I think might not go pro out of them is wise, but he probably will.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 24, 2014, 07:39:14 am
I'm excited for Bijhon and what he can bring to the Razorbacks...but let's hold our horses on comparing him to a Hall of Fame DL who anchored the greatest defense of all time, the 1985 Bears...why do you think Singletary got so many tackles ?  It was Hampton's ability to occupy two and sometimes 3 lineman that allowed Singletary to fill the gaps and make the tackles....Mike Singletary owes much of his success to #99 in Black
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 24, 2014, 10:30:21 pm
I'm excited for Bijhon and what he can bring to the Razorbacks...but let's hold our horses on comparing him to a Hall of Fame DL who anchored the greatest defense of all time, the 1985 Bears...why do you think Singletary got so many tackles ?  It was Hampton's ability to occupy two and sometimes 3 lineman that allowed Singletary to fill the gaps and make the tackles....Mike Singletary owes much of his success to #99 in Black

You are right. Probably what I should have said was best skills since Hampton. Now can he accomplish what Hampton did? Only time will tell, but he is starting out with some God given talent.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 24, 2014, 08:06:25 pm
Copy that! Not far away from the Studio, thank you!

And please keep me posted. Cheers! +1
I'm in NWA now, but would love to connect with Hog fans when I visit back in my hometown Chicagoland on some football weekends!

My roots are Arlington Heights, worked in Oakbrook and downtown, and lived in Hoffman Estates and Sleepy Hollow. Went to Univ of Ill, wife to Lewis Univ in Joliet.

Where is this bar, exactly?

Go Hogs!

gmarv

dan hampton is one of my favorite hogsof all time.
bijon is my favorite recruit of this years class.
20 years from now i hope to say dan and bijon
in the same sentence (2 of our greatest hogs)

Peter Porker

Quote from: salebow on May 20, 2014, 01:17:53 pm
Are you referring to the basketball player? That's Corliss Williamson. Not the spelling you gave. :)

That was in response to Bryan Jones.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

hawgbawb

I think our defense is going to be significantly better this year.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Chic-Hog-Oh on May 25, 2014, 07:49:07 am
I'm in NWA now, but would love to connect with Hog fans when I visit back in my hometown Chicagoland on some football weekends!

My roots are Arlington Heights, worked in Oakbrook and downtown, and lived in Hoffman Estates and Sleepy Hollow. Went to Univ of Ill, wife to Lewis Univ in Joliet.

Where is this bar, exactly?

Go Hogs!

Nice!!

The Bar is Joe's on Weed St. We will def put a list of fans together and throw a shindig or 5, it would be great to hang with other Hog Fans!!  :razorback:

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 24, 2014, 04:25:22 pm
He was a beast.

Played in a rock band with him in high school and if we messed up practicing we would do it over and over till we got it right.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 25, 2014, 11:29:20 am
Played in a rock band with him in high school and if we messed up practicing we would do it over and over till we got it right.

And that is the attitude of someone reaching great heights. Just a class act. A few years ago he caught some flack here as he refused to go to the White House with the other 85 Bears. I cannot remember what it was but it had to do with not liking some politics of Obama.

He stood his ground.