31 (10.7%)
Ray Biggers
17 (5.9%)
Matt Jones
38 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 286

Break & Run

:razorback: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: :razorback: :razorback:
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

fanofthehog

Biggers was like 10-12 times faster than all of them.

icouldntthinkofagoodname

darren was bigger.  bigger was faster.  adams saw smaller.  felix was quicker.

Inhogswetrust

I knew a girl in college that liked fast....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

urkillnmesmalls

Biggers should win this in a landslide.  What he lacked for in actual speed, he made up for in getting up and down off the bench to get in his 10-12 minutes.  Bench to bench....fastest on the list by far. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

EastexHawg

Matt Jones smoked both Felix and Joe at the combine.

pillowhog

Left out the long white boy Matt Jones

LZH

Speaking of caucasians, anyone remember Tim Crowder?  And what about the Rees (Reese?) kid?

pillowhog

Quote from: LZH on May 20, 2014, 09:14:58 am
Speaking of caucasians, anyone remember Tim Crowder?  And what about the Rees (Reese?) kid?
Yea they were white boy fast.  Matt Jones was everyboy fast

CallMeAl

Tri Delts were pretty fast when I was in school.
Hog since birth.

LZH

Quote from: pillowhog on May 20, 2014, 09:15:49 am
Yea they were white boy fast.  Matt Jones was everyboy fast

True, but wasn't Crowder the fastest kid to play at Arkansas up to that point?  I thought he was a sub-4.25 or something like that.  Anyway, I remember seeing the film where he was looking up for the ball and ran right into a scissor lift or something similar that was on the field.

Peter Porker

Biggers was 10-12 steps faster than the others.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

LZH

Quote from: Peter Porker on May 20, 2014, 09:30:43 am
Biggers was 10-12 steps faster than the others.

Yeah, but he could take 10 steps to everyone else's 12.

hoggusamoungus

acey33

Who is faster? the white, black, yellow, green or pillow boy...

SDZ_Hog

PonderinHog

Tanner English farts in your general direction.

pillowhog

Quote from: LZH on May 20, 2014, 09:19:50 am
True, but wasn't Crowder the fastest kid to play at Arkansas up to that point?  I thought he was a sub-4.25 or something like that.  Anyway, I remember seeing the film where he was looking up for the ball and ran right into a scissor lift or something similar that was on the field.
Sub 4.25 lol ok you do know nobody has ever ran that fast at the combine

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on May 20, 2014, 09:17:32 am
still are from what I hear

Break & Run

Quote from: pillowhog on May 20, 2014, 09:14:27 am
That #Arkanstrong thing you have up is almost as lame as the whole #Boston Strong bs

Go frick yourself!  I put this up because of the 4 friends I have that lost everything in Vilonia's latest bout with a tornado.  The amount of help they got the day after the tornado was amazing to see.  If you aren't proud to be from Arkansas, especially with the way people responded to the help Vilonia needed, then you can go sit on a concrete barrier and rotate!
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

hs6

Quote from: pillowhog on May 20, 2014, 10:25:41 am

Rondel Melendez - 4.24
Chris Johnson - 4.24
Tavon Austin 4.25

Bo Jackson - disputed 4.12, followed by a 4.18

oxbaker

Nick Marshall is the fastest player to ever grace the arkansas football field.

Pistol Pete

Ahmad Carroll was the fastest I knew of in college. And Grant.
At Arkansas...

Been10Hog

Are you sure you know that? Bo knows!
http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_25696596/nfl-draft-fastest-40

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: oxbaker on May 20, 2014, 12:30:57 pm
Nick Marshall Swain is the fastest player to ever grace actually get swallowed up by the arkansas football field.

I just thought I'd tweak that a bit for you.  It was a nice effort at trolling, but not even worthy of refuting it.  We've had no less than a dozen players that would make Marshall look like he had lead in his shoes. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ldfergu

I recall hearing during a post practice interview that Michael Smith was faster than Felix and DMac. Seems like DMac said it.. Anyone else remember that?

DriveByHogger

Quote from: oxbaker on May 20, 2014, 12:30:57 pm
Nick Marshall is the fastest player to ever grace the arkansas football field.

Talley scores again!
She ain't revved 'till the rods are thrown!

Ethan2010

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 20, 2014, 09:50:03 am
Tanner English farts in your general direction.

I see what you did there, on both accounts.  +1

LZH

I don't know anything about the combine.  I was just referring to (apparently) his hand-held time of 4.22 or whatever it was that made the rumor mill around campus when he was there.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on May 20, 2014, 09:17:32 am

They were known as the "Triple Nipples" when I was on the hill.........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

acey33

Quote from: fanofthehog on May 20, 2014, 12:17:28 am
Biggers was like 10-12 times faster than all of them.

He ran the 100m in 10-12 sec.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on May 20, 2014, 06:42:26 pm
I don't know anything about the combine.  I was just referring to (apparently) his hand-held time of 4.22 or whatever it was that made the rumor mill around campus when he was there.

Evidently pillowhog doesn't know anything about the combine either, because he was just talking out his rear end.

pillowhog

Hand held 4.22 translates to 4.35 to 4.4 range

pillowhog

LMAO how does Joe Adams and Felix Jones get all these votes people? 

hvsupastar

McFadden was and is still the fastest. He's too fast for his o-line in Oakland. He's in the hole before they can block the defender
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

pillowhog

Quote from: hvsupastar on May 21, 2014, 08:49:13 am
McFadden was and is still the fastest. He's too fast for his o-line in Oakland. He's in the hole before they can block the defender
Do they block?

hogcard1964

Gary Anderson was the fastest player I've ever seen.

Hogimus Prime

Biggers can run 10-12 meters in the time it takes Chuck Norris to roundhouse kick someone in the face.

EastexHawg

May 21, 2014, 10:04:31 am #38 Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:17:14 am by EastexHawg
I never particularly liked him, but Deion Sanders is the fastest man I have ever seen in pads and on a football field.  He could outrun everyone else when he was high stepping.

Sanders ran an official 10.26 100 meter dash when he dabbled in track and field at Florida State.  Bo Jackson's fastest non-wind aided time was 10.44.  He ran a wind aided 10.39.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 21, 2014, 10:04:31 am
I never particularly liked him, but Deion Sanders is the fastest man I have ever seen in pads and on a football field.  He could outrun everyone else when he was high stepping.

Sanders ran an official 10.26 100 meter dash when he dabbled in track and field at Florida State.  Bo Jackson's fastest non-wind aided time was 10.44.  He ran a wind aided 10.39.

I completely agree.  In pads...on a football field...he was the fastest player I've ever seen.  He could run faster backward than a lot of people can run going forward. 

Been10Hog

Quote from: pillowhog on May 21, 2014, 08:46:19 am
Hand held 4.22 translates to 4.35 to 4.4 range
No it doesn't! Handheld translates to possibility of human error. This can be on either side of a laser timed 40.

Pistol Pete

What does 40 times have to do with fast?
I realize there is a rough translation, but they're not the same.
Usain Bolt is typically behind in 40 meters but blows everyone away the last 60.
Everyone in the list is average compared to the NFL.
Carroll and Grant were truly fast, even in the NFL.
But I don't think Grant could realize his potential... Think he tore his acl

Est. 1981

Chris Houston was damn fast!!
UofA Alumni 2007

LZH

Quote from: Pistol Pete on May 21, 2014, 12:16:24 pm
What does 40 times have to do with fast?

Skills, balance, and strength aside, if you can break 4.5, you've got decent enough speed to play football somewhere.

I still remember about 10-12 years ago when Alabama's RB broke right up the middle untouched and was all alone on the TV screen on his way for an 80 yd TD.  All of a sudden, Batman Carroll shot into the frame like a flash and caught the guy just as he crossed the goal line.  About five seconds later my phone rang and it was a buddy of mine...."I know DB's are usually pretty fast, but who the hell was THAT?"

Too bad he fouled his career up, but man that cat could fly.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: LZH on May 21, 2014, 03:13:50 pm
Skills, balance, and strength aside, if you can break 4.5, you've got decent enough speed to play football somewhere.

I still remember about 10-12 years ago when Alabama's RB broke right up the middle untouched and was all alone on the TV screen on his way for an 80 yd TD.  All of a sudden, Batman Carroll shot into the frame like a flash and caught the guy just as he crossed the goal line.  About five seconds later my phone rang and it was a buddy of mine...."I know DB's are usually pretty fast, but who the hell was THAT?"

That was the one where it was their opening play from scrimmage right?  Man...that was more effective than a muzzle on the crowd. 

LZH

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on May 21, 2014, 03:28:59 pm
That was the one where it was their opening play from scrimmage right?  Man...that was more effective than a muzzle on the crowd. 

Yeah, I believe you're right.  I think it was kinda rainy that night, too.  If that was the 30-12 game, we were never really competitive that nite.

EastexHawg

Shaud Williams, 80 yards straight up the gut through an area vacated by Ken Hamlin.  First play of the game.

LZH

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 21, 2014, 03:39:27 pm
Shaud Williams, 80 yards straight up the gut through an area vacated by Ken Hamlin.  First play of the game.

There it is.  How could I have forgotten that little bastard's name?

Pistol Pete

Quote from: LZH on May 21, 2014, 03:13:50 pm

I remember that play very well. He came from the other side of the field, was probably 10 yards behind, plus, however far the angle added to it.
The bama running back was Alexander I think.
Carroll could probably outrun McFadden by 10 yards in the 100...
He's that fast.

Pistol Pete