Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Coaching Carousel

Started by ucahogfan, May 19, 2014, 04:49:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   6h   

Reported it a while back, but it's now official @Auburn_Baseball names Tom Holliday new member of staff as associate HC. #Auburn #SEC

Tom Holliday is the former HC at Oklahoma State and was previously serving at NC State.  Golloway probably got to know him when both were coaching in the state of Oklahoma in the 90s.  Holliday is the father of current Oklahoma State HC Josh Holliday and St. Louis Cardinals OF Matt Holliday.

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   5m   

A little nugget for you: @ECUBaseball pitching coach/recruiting coordinator Dan Roszel interviewed for the #NCState vacancy. #ECU #NCState

ECU is currently without a HC and Ole Miss assistant Cliff Godwin is the clubhouse favorite to become the new HC there.

ucahogfan

With the season over for Ole Miss, I'm setting the over/under for Godwin to be named HC at ECU at Tuesday.  Thoughts?

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   1h   

Reported it a while back, but @USFBaseball officially announces Mike Current/Billy Mohl as assistants. Really like both. #USF #GoBulls

These were Dan Kingston's assistants during his tenure at Illinois State.

Cliff Godwin, Ole Miss RT @tylerk82: @KendallRogersPG who do you see getting the ECU job?

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   18m   

Charleston Post/Courier reporting @CofCBaseball offered Monte Lee 7-year extension, 80K raise: http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20140623/PC20/140629748/1177/college-of-charleston-offers-monte-lee-7-year-extension-worth-193000-per-year ...

I've been told that even if offered the #ASU gig, it's not a slam dunk that Monte Lee goes. Deep ties/love for that Charleston program.

That 80K raise that Lee up to about 200K a year in salary which is about what Esmay was getting paid as HC at Arizona State.  The main question is whether or not Arizona State would pay what it takes to get a high level HC.  By comparison, I don't think a HC at a SEC program that tries at baseball makes below 500K.  Tony Vitello makes 150K a year as the recruiting coordinator.

ucahogfan

#ECU's Board of Trustees are meeting tomorrow night in Greenville. I expect Cliff Godwin to essentially be hired after that. #EastCarolina

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   2h   

.@LATechBSB HC Greg Goff, I'm hearing, will be joined by assts Rick McCarty (formerly #Campbell) and Jake Wells (formerly #MSState). #LaTech

dotnet

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   3h   

Reported it a while back, but @CanesBaseball officially announces Coach Jim Morris (@Coach3morris) gets 3-year extension. Well deserved.

Also huge from that @CanesBaseball release, Gino DiMare will take over the program after the 2018 season. Not surprising. #Canes #Miami

Finalists on campus this week them a decision RT @ParkerTy21: @ParkerTy21: @KendallRogersPG when is SHSU supposed announce a head coach?

The very interesting thing about #ASU is there are strong concerns. Pay isn't going to be elite program-esque, other funding issues.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   51m   

There it is ...  @jeffmetcalfe: #ASU is hiring Indiana's Tracy Smith as its next baseball coach

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   48m   

Was told by very good sources this morning #ASU's brass was meeting this a.m. to make a decision. Meets the timeline. Outstanding hire.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   47m   

If you remember, Tracy Smith was one of the 3 guys we mentioned, along with #Houston's Todd Whitting. Both, plus, Monte Lee were in mix.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   44m   

Was told a while back if Tracy Smith left, overwhelming support inside the #IU program would be for bringing Ty Neal back. We'll see. #B1G

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   39m   

I really love that hire for @ASU_Baseball. Tracy is an outstanding coach. And he'll inherit an immediate postseason contender w/ those arms.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   28m   

If I'm @IUBaseballNews, three guys I'd look at: #Vandy's Travis Jewett, #Cincy's Ty Neal and #Louisville's Chris Lemonis. #B1G #IU

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   22m   

This move is a tough blow for that region as well. The two best coaches -- Stricklin/Smith -- have now departed after big seasons.

While I do think Tracy Smith is a very good coach with a trip to Omaha on his resume, I thought Arizona State could have done better IF not for the concerns like pay and other funding.  Arizona State is probably a top 5-10 job in terms of program history, but paying a HC 200K when SEC schools are paying their assistants close to that isn't going to help you.  That group of contenders made it look like the Texas A&M/Ole Miss type job was open, not the Arizona State job.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Terrific hire, perfect fit. Should be official tomorrow RT @twarren83: @KendallRogersPG what you think about ECU hiring cliff Godwin?

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 21, 2014, 07:09:21 pm
With the season over for Ole Miss, I'm setting the over/under for Godwin to be named HC at ECU at Tuesday.  Thoughts?
Although not official, I would say I did a pretty good job of predicting when the news would be released.

ucahogfan

Dustin Dopirak @DustinDopirak     ·   2h   

Just got off the phone with Tracy Smith. He said that he views Arizona State baseball like he views Indiana basketball ...

He said that Indiana did everything it could to keep him and that he very much appreciated what Glass and McRobbie did for IU baseball...

But said that at 48 years old, he couldn't pass up the opportunity to take over a program of that stature.

He also said he wants to find out how the other half lives. He's been dealing with the realities that face northern baseball teams ...

... his whole career. He wanted to find out what it was like to coach somewhere that didn't have the climate obstacles.

Dustin Dopirak @DustinDopirak     ·   1h   

Smith said that whoever takes the job as his successor will be "lucky" because of the current culture in the athletic department.

Dustin Dopirak @DustinDopirak     ·   1h   

Said this administration has invested in baseball in ways that the university previously hadn't.

ucahogfan

Really nice hire for @utahbaseball, who snagged Jason Hawkins (from #UCSB) as associate head coach and hitting coach. #Pac12 #Utah #Utes

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   4h   

Wow RT @KevinLive5: #CofC announces @MonteLee8 has signed 8 yr extension for $193,000 per for a total of over $1.5 million

ucahogfan

Cliff Godwin @cgodwin23     ·   42m   

Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way to become the head coach at ECU! Especially Ole Miss's coaches, players,& fans!
#blessed

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   22m   

Decision likely coming down tomorrow or Friday. RT @B_Broussard9: @KendallRogersPG what's the word on Sam Houston opening?

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   21m   

Updated #CollegeBaseball coaching carousel with Cliff Godwin to #EastCarolina, Alex Trezza to #LIUB: http://perfectga.me/SX0iYE  @PerfectGameUSA

It will be interesting to see who Bianco targets to replace Godwin.  He will be nearly impossible to replace because of his recruiting ability.

ucahogfan

Mark another coach on the DVH Tree with a D-1 HC job.  Matt Deggs who was with DVH at both Northwestern State (1996-1997) and Arkansas (2003-2005) has been named as the new HC at Sam Houston State.  Deggs joins Rob Childress at Texas A&M and Todd Butler at Wichita State as D-1 HCs who have been assistants under DVH.

http://www.katc.com/news/ul-s-matt-deggs-accepts-sam-houston-state-head-coach-position/

.@SHSU_Baseball has named @CajunsBaseball top assistant Matt Deggs its new head coach. #SLC #SHSU

Heard #SHSU was torn on a decision with four very solid candidates. Deggs makes sense. Learned under Van Horn, Childress, Robichaux, etc.

Really like that hire for #SHSU. On assistant front, I fully expect #ULL volunteer Lance Harvell to join Matt in Huntsville. @SHSU_Baseball

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   48m   

With Deggs to @SHSU_Baseball, that takes a name off the hot board at @OleMissBSB for Cliff Godwin's replacement as well. #SEC #RebsBSB

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   5h   

Looks like new @ECUBaseball coach Cliff Godwin is working hard to get staff ready. Jeff Palumbo at #VCU is a name to remember in that regard

#Army kept its hire in-house. West Point interim head coach Matt Reid was promoted to the full-time HC title: http://perfectga.me/1pzwcKh

#Arizona RT @CoachAndyLopez: Excited to add Brock Ungricht as new asst, Shelly Duncan as new undergrad asst. Both are strong additions

ucahogfan

Quote from: dotnet on June 12, 2014, 03:32:59 pm
Deggs is who I really wanted to DVH to hire to replace Butler.

It is still weird that he up and left a&m a few years ago..
I can understand why now that DVH probably didn't target Deggs as hard as he could have.  I think DVH wanted his new recruiting coordinator to be at Arkansas for at least 3 years if it wasn't Cliff Godwin and Deggs was probably only a year or two away from a HC at that time.

I fully believe that Vitello will be a great D-1 HC in the future, but it will probably be 2017 or later before he moves on from Arkansas for a HC.  If the Mizzou job opens sooner, he will probably move on then.

dotnet

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 27, 2014, 05:19:14 pm
I can understand why now that DVH probably didn't target Deggs as hard as he could have.  I think DVH wanted his new recruiting coordinator to be at Arkansas for at least 3 years if it wasn't Cliff Godwin and Deggs was probably only a year or two away from a HC at that time.

I fully believe that Vitello will be a great D-1 HC in the future, but it will probably be 2017 or later before he moves on from Arkansas for a HC.  If the Mizzou job opens sooner, he will probably move on then.

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. 

Deggs has never coached some where that didn't have a really exciting offense.  It is a great track record for an assistant coach.

ucahogfan

One name I might keep an eye on for @CajunsBaseball Matt Deggs' replacement: Former #TAMU #JaxState assistant Jeremy Talbot #Cajuns #SunBelt

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   40m   

.@NCStateBaseball has hired former #Auburn pitching coach Scott Foxhall to replace Tom Holliday. That's a nice get for #Pack9. #ACC #NCState

Holliday and Foxhall are essentially trading places.  Foxhall was fired at Auburn earlier this summer and Holliday was hired as his replacement.

ucahogfan

Mark yet another coach on the DVH coaching tree with a D-1 HC job.  Chris Curry who was the volunteer assistant coach at Arkansas from 2009-2010 has been named as the HC at UALR today.  Curry was previously the pitching coach at Northwestern State after spending 2 years as the HC at Meridian JC in Mississippi.  Curry is a native of Central Arkansas and was a candidate for the UCA job that ultimately went to Gumm.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   54s   

.@UALRBaseball announced its new head coach today in Chris Curry, who spent the couple years at Northwestern State: http://perfectga.me/1pHLv3o

#Maryland promoted Jimmy Belanger to associate head coach and Rob Vaughn to assistant head coach today @UMTerpsBaseball #terps @B1Gbaseball

The only other time I remember a baseball program with both an Associate HC and an Assistant HC was South Carolina before Ray Tanner stepped down to become the AD.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   20s   

Coaching scoop: Two names I'm hearing very strongly on #Indiana: #Louisville's Chris Lemonis, #BallState's Rich Maloney #IU @IUBaseballNews

Maloney is an interesting name to me because he spent 10 years as the HC at Michigan, but was fired after the 2012 season.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   18h   

Some late-night coaching news: @LBDirtbags hitting coach Shawn Gilbert will not return for the #Dirtbags. Search is underway. #BigWest #LBSU

.@ECUBaseball's new staff under Cliff Godwin will include Jeff Palumbo as recruiting coordinator, Dan Roszel will stay as pitching coach.

Palumbo had spent the past couple of years as an assistant coach at VCU, but has experience in the past with Godwin as both were on the UCF staff together.  Roszel was a potential target to fill the NC State pitching coach opening.

ucahogfan

There you have it RT @Texas_Baseball: Head coach Augie Garrido's contract extended two years through 2017 season: http://perfectga.me/1mROEu8

Garrido is 75 right now and will be 78 at the end of his contract.  He has been a HC at the D-1 level since 1969.  He is currently holds the most wins in D-1 coaching history and should surpass 2,000 before the end of this contract.

ucahogfan

Good article about Chris Curry and what people such as Cliff Lee and DVH are saying:

http://thecabin.net/sports/college/2014-07-01/find-out-what-folks-are-saying-about-chris-curry-being-hired-ualr-baseball#.U7NfeWBOXIV

Even though I never said it like Brian Walker, Chris Curry was one of the names that came to my mind as a potential candidate because of his ties to Central Arkansas and his record as a coach.

ucahogfan

Looks like @UCR_Baseball will extend its coaching search later into the month. 60-plus applications: http://perfectga.me/1mKmI6Y  #BigWest

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   33m   

Despite the fact there are still interviews coming, sources continue to tell me it's likely former big leaguer Troy Percival gets #UCR gig.

ucahogfan

.@UCincyBaseball locked up head coach Ty Neal through the 2019 #Bearcats baseball season. Smart move: http://perfectga.me/1xhMNlJ

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   55m   

#Campbell has added Chris Marx to its coaching staff. Spent the last two seasons as asstitant/recruiting coordinator at #UALR. @GoCamelsBSB

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo     ·   59m   

Curry: I'm in this business because I love the game. When my playing career started winding down, I began thinking about coaching.

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo     ·   58m   

Curry: I knew I wanted to coach at the college level because of the relationships. You're able to connect a lot more with your players.

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo     ·   57m   

Curry: As a coach, you can't be a moving target. You have to have a consistent, solid approach.

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo     ·   56m   

Curry on what he learned from Dave Van Horn: Confidence, consistency, leadership. He's always able to make the best decision for the program

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo     ·   52m   

Curry on his philosophy: Pressure. More college games are lost than are won. You've got to put the pressure on the defense.

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo     ·   51m   

Curry on the challenge at UALR: Believing that we can win. You have to help them understand how to win and how to prepare to win.

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   56m   

Good for Chris. Excellent recruiter/person. #IU RT @ChrisMWebb: #Louisville assistant Chris Lemonis has been chosen as #Indiana's next HC.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   44m   

Overall, I like @HoosierBaseball snagging Chris Lemonis from #Louisville. So instrumental in bringing a lot of elite recruits to #UL. #IU

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   38m   

Another head coaching vacancy off the board, as we updated the #CollegeBaseball carousel w/ Lemonis' hire at #Indiana http://perfectga.me/SX0iYE

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   48m   

Confirmed report by @ChrisMWebb that Indiana has hired Louisville assistant Chris Lemonis as its new head coach.

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   47m   

Obviously we're pretty high on Lemonis - he and Roger Williams are our reigning Assistant Coaches of the Year. Recruiting master in Midwest.

Dustin Dopirak @DustinDopirak     ·   7m   

Just talked to Lemonis. He said he feels like Indiana is "a dream school." Said he looks at IU as one of the top programs in the nation.

Dustin Dopirak @DustinDopirak     ·   6m   

Said he was amazed when the new ballpark was built, said it seemed like "they built a fanbase overnight."

Dustin Dopirak @DustinDopirak     ·   4m   

Said he likes to build an athletic team. Pitching and defense are paramount, likes power in the lineup, but also wants speed.

Dustin Dopirak @DustinDopirak     ·   2m   

He said he still thinks this Indiana team can win the Big Ten. Likes the pitching and veteran leadership.

Dustin Dopirak @DustinDopirak     ·   1m   

Does think they'll have to play offense a little differently with Kyle Schwarber, Sam Travis and Dustin DeMuth gone.

Chris Webb @ChrisMWebb     ·   50m   

Indiana's search was great. Knew who they wanted. Did extensive background work. Kept it quiet, started and wrapped within 7 days.

Chris Webb @ChrisMWebb     ·   49m   

That's the sign of a program committed to continuing the success of the last few years. They get baseball. Great to see.

Knot2brite

Glad Lqnce Harvell is going with Deggs. Harvell is a Texarkana Arkansas graduate.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   Jul 3   

.@MissouriStBears BSB announced Nate Thompson, previously at Hutchinson and #Nebraska as new assistant today: http://perfectga.me/1j1ib53  #mvc

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   Jul 3   

.@REDBIRDbaseball has hired Mike Stalowy as its new top assistant/recruiting coordinator. Previously at #Valpo: http://perfectga.me/1lYgmoZ  #mvc

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   12h   

Skylar Meade was a finalist but @ETSU_Baseball pitching coach Kyle Bunn will be the new @HoosierBaseball PC. Really like Kyle. #IU #Hoosiers

From last night, with Meade/Bunn as finalists, @HoosierBaseball will hire #ETSU pitching coach Kyle Bunn to Lemonis' staff. #IU #Hoosiers

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   22h   

A little coaching news: #Campbell turned #LaTech assistant Rick McCarty turned down the HC gig at #MurrayState. Good news for @LATechBSB.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   10h   

Some late-night scoop: #MurrayState will name @SLUBaseball assistant coach Kevin Moulder as its new head coach soon #Racers #CollegeBaseball

Moulder was the Associate HC/Recruiting Coordinator for the Bilikens.  He worked with the pitchers.  Brad Flanders was the volunteer assistant coach at SLU before coming to Arkansas so he could be a potential replacement as the new pitching coach.

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   41m   

Two names standing out in @OleMissBSB quest to replace Cliff Godwin: #KState's Mike Clement and former #Tulane asst Jake Gautreau. #rebsbsb

ucahogfan

July 09, 2014, 04:44:55 pm #76 Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:05:34 pm by ucahogfan

.@LSUbaseball releases that recruiting coordinator/hitting coach Javi Sanchez will pursue other (non-baseball) opportunities. #LSU #SEC

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   57m   

With the @LSUbaseball hitting/recruiting position open, #LSU would be wise to take a strong gander at #UNC's Scott Jackson #GeauxTigers #SEC

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   56m   

Either way, #LSU is going to have a lot of applicants for that position. Alan Dunn has paid big dividends coming from the pro ball ranks.

LSU will probably be able to get whoever they want.  I think a lot of LSU fans wanted Sanchez gone and I highly doubt Sanchez left on his own accord.  This is probably the 2nd biggest job opening of the offseason after the HC at Arizona State.  Recruiting coordinator jobs in the SEC are very highly sought after and coaches like DVH and Maineiri can pretty much get whoever they want.  Remember DVH said he had HCs calling him about being Butler's replacement last year.

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   1h   

Big news out of #LSU: hitting coach Javi Sanchez is leaving the Tigers to pursue "a career in business," per an LSU release.

Obviously, the #LSU hitting coach/recruiting coordinator position will be one of the biggest jobs available this year, including HC jobs.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   7m   

Good scoop, Ross! RT @DellengerAdv: Javi Sanchez's replacement likely to be Andy Cannizaro, former Tulane SS, current @Yankees scout. #LSU

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   5m   

If #LSU does indeed go after Andy Cannizaro, would make sense considering the Dunn hire. That worked out. Will interview more. #Tigers

It would be a puzzling hire IMO if they replace Sanchez with Cannizaro considering he doesn't have experience coaching at the collegiate level or recruiting.  His time as a scout probably makes him a good talent evaluator, but recruiting is a whole different animal IMO especially at LSU and in the SEC.  LSU pitching coach Alan Dunn didn't have any collegiate experience they hired him a couple of years ago so both LSU assistant coaches could have no background in collegiate coaching.

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   46m   

Already reported Lance Harvell (#ULL) to #SHSU. @SHSU_Baseball will round out staff w/ #UTA pitching coach Jay Sirianni. Former #Husker #SLC

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   11m   

The one thing I really like about that #SHSU staff is that it's a group of relatively young, very energetic individuals. Exciting for them.

Sirianni played for DVH at Nebraska and was his Friday night starter in 1999.  Sirianni' brother Mike is a baseball coach in Jonesboro.

Sirianni's bio - http://www.utamavs.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/jay_sirianni_185212.html

Hervell's bio - http://www.ragincajuns.com/news/2012/8/22/BB_0822122812.aspx

Nice hire. RT @collbaseball: Longwood will name Navy pitching coach Ryan Mau HC in coming days. Before Navy, Mau was pitching coach at VMI.

ucahogfan

Want the latest on coaching news? Nuggets on @LSUbaseball #KState @OleMissBSB #BC @SHSU_Baseball @LATechBSB #MSState: http://perfectga.me/1oLt76j

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   18h   

Good news for #uncw. RT @UNCWBaseball: #UNCW head baseball coach Mark Scalf inks three-year extension http://perfectga.me/1r0reFY

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   19h   

.@OleMissBSB hired #KState asst Mike Clement to replace Cliff Godwin. Clement has a very good reputation as a coach/person. #RebsBSB #SEC

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   20h   

Am told by multiple sources #BostonCollege on the verge of adding #URI HC Jim Foster as its top assistant. Would be a huge coup. #ACC #BC

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   18h   

More assistant coach rumblings: hearing UL-Lafayette is likely to replace Matt Deggs with another former Aggie assistant: Jeremy Talbot.

Talbot is yet another DVH connection as he served as his volunteer assistant at Nebraska in 1999.  Talbot should also be familiar to the fans who followed Arkansas baseball in the 1990s.  He was an assistant coach at TAMU under Rob Childress from 2006-2009, but stepped down to move closer to home where he has been an assistant HS coach.

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   17h   

Two up-and-coming coaches to keep in mind for K-State job: UMd's Rob Vaughn (ex-KSU player & volunteer), Ok State volunteer Roland Fanning.

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   17h   

Former Tulane assistant Jake Gautreau, who was a finalist for the Ole Miss assistant job, could also be in the mix for that K-State asst job

ucahogfan

For #KState assistant opening, I'd also keep a close eye on @Aggie_Baseball hitting coach Andy Sawyers. Hear he's a possibility. #KSU #Big12

Sawyers was the assistant coach at K-State back in 2009 before going back to Texas A&M as a paid assistant coach and is now the Associate HC.  Sawyers is another person on the DVH coaching tree from his time at Nebraska as he was on DVH's first Nebraska team in 1998 and served as his volunteer assistant coach in 2000.  One thing is certain - DVH has as good an eye for coaching talent as any baseball coach in the country.

ucahogfan

.@UofLBaseball informs me it hired @IlliniBaseball Assoc HC Eric Snider as new asst. Announcement tomorrow. #Louisville @PerfectGameUSA

#Illinois assistant Eric Snider is someone a lot of coaches in the industry have mentioned as a rising, soon to be HC. A+ hire for #UL.

Didn't see this, but @REDBIRDbaseball new HC Bo Durkac filled out his coaching staff w/ pitching coach Michael Kellar from Siena.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   11h   

.@HoosierBaseball rounded out its coaching staff with #UL's Kyle Cheesebrough. He joins Kyle Bunn as part of Chris Lemonis' #Indiana staff.

#GeorgeWashington announced the addition of Dustin Johnson as pitching coach. He spent the past three seasons at #Binghamton. #Colonials.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   13h   

An update to last night's news: Looks like #Maryland's Rob Vaughn out of the mix for #KState opening. #TAMU's Andy Sawyers in the mix. #KSU

ucahogfan

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   13h   

Yesterday, Washington announced coach Lindsay Meggs has signed a 6-year contract extension, on the heels of one of UW's best seasons ever.

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   36m   

As @KendallRogersPG reported a few minutes ago, BC coach Mike Gambino has added #URI head coach Jim Foster to his staff. Big-time hire.

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   35m   

Foster is the real deal; he'll make a serious impact at BC. And if I were #URI, Franklin Pierce coach Jayson King would be No. 1 on my list.

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   34m   

King has built Franklin Pierce into a Division II power. He is one of the most respected coaches in New England. Would make a lot of sense.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   59m   

Have to admit, pretty bold commitment #BC has made to winning in the #ACC. That in addition to some coming facility news. Impressive.

Breaking News: #EasternMichigan hired @statebaseball top asst coach Mark Van Ameyde as its new head coach: http://perfectga.me/WgdlHg  #EMU #MAC

Coaching scoop. @ETSU_Baseball has tough chore of replacing pitching coach Kyle Bunn. I'd look for volunteer Chris Gordon to get promoted.

ucahogfan

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   3h   

Andy Sawyers is returning to Kansas State as hitting coach. Spent 2 years on Brad Hill's staff there before joining Texas A&M's staff.

TAMU baseball fans seem happy that Sawyers is leaving for Kansas State.  Tough time for Childress to hire a new assistant coach since he is in the Netherlands with DVH and Team USA.

I was told a big reason Andy Sawyers went back to #KState was to get back to his Midwest roots. Really missed being at #KSU, in the #Big12.

I would look for #TAMU to take a very strong look at #Nebraska associate head coach Will Bolt. Very, very strong ties to that #Aggies staff.

Bolt is a Nebraska alum like Andy Sawyers who played for DVH during his tenure in Lincoln.  Obviously Bolt knows Childress from his playing days as well.  Another candidate could be Mike Anderson who is currently the hitting coach at Oklahoma.

I hear Kentucky assistant Brian Green is interviewing for the New Mexico State head coaching job. He's an NMSU alum, would make good sense.

Green was also in the running for the UC Riverside job that is still open, but it appears Troy Percival is the leading candidate and it would be a shock if he wasn't named the new HC.

.@UCIbsb announced four-year contract extension for legendary head coach Mike Gillespie. Terrific, well-served, move by #UCIrvine. #BigWest

ucahogfan

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   7h   

In addition to Brian Green, other names in the mix for the #NMSU job: former ASU coach Tim Esmay and Lamar (Colo.) CC coach Scott Crampton.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thanks for the updates, uca.

Does this seem like a lot of changes for this time of year?

ucahogfan

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on July 16, 2014, 11:00:30 pm
Thanks for the updates, uca.

Does this seem like a lot of changes for this time of year?
I think it is just a typical coaching cycle, but the SEC West has seen a lot of turnover this offseason.  Right now, Alabama and the Hogs are the only two teams that have yet to have any coaching turnover.

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   7h   

Look for @Aggie_Baseball to take couple of wks on top asst search. Good candidates. #Nebraska's Will Bolt heavy leader #Aggies #TAMU #SEC

A little DII news, as #UCSD promoted J.T. Bloodworth to full-time assistant and recruiting coordinator on Eric Newman's #Tritons staff.

.@RhodyBaseball has promoted assistant coach Raphael Cerrato to head coach, a one-year deal. Full search after 2015, says @BillKoch25. #URI

Chris Webb @ChrisMWebb     ·   9h   

Eastern Michigan head coach Mark Van Ameyde will be joined on staff by former Michigan State volunteer Eric Roof. Roof played at MSU 2007-09

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   10h   

Expected RT @DellengerAdv: Multiple sources affirm that, indeed, Andy Cannizaro will be introduced as #LSU's assistant baseball coach Monday

ucahogfan

Sources expect Kentucky assistant Brian Green to be named head coach at his alma mater, New Mexico State. Not quite official yet, however.

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   Jul 21   

#LSU officially announced Andy Cannizaro as its new recruiting coordinator. A coach at another school told me recently he is a "superstar."

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   Jul 21   

And, @LSUbaseball officially announces the addition of hitting coach/recruiting coordinator Andy Cannizaro, former @Yankees scout. #LSU

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   Jul 21   

Hearing #Illinois should have a decision midweek. #Creighton's Spencer Allen, #Bradley's Sean Lyons two names I've been told #BigTen #Illini

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   Jul 19   

Intriguing hire RT @RandyRosetta: New #LSU hitting coach Andy Cannizaro: 'This is something I've been working toward for a long time."

ucahogfan

Neat move by @RiceOwlsBSB, which added formers @astros star and big leaguer Lance Berkman to its coaching staff. #Rice @PerfectGameUSA

.@UCincyBaseball promoted John Lackaff to a position as a full-time staff member. Will work with the infielders at #Cincy. #CollegeBaseball

Former big leaguer and @USC_Baseball All-American Jeff Clement is now a volunteer on the @UIBaseball staff. Brother is Mike at #OleMiss.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   14h   

.@UALRBaseball added former @OU_Baseball standout Russell Raley as an assistant on Chris Curry's staff. Raley has a good rep from peers.

ucahogfan

.@Aggie_Baseball hired @Husker_Baseball top assistant Will Bolt as its newest assistant coach. No surprise. Great, great hire. #Aggies #SEC

Bolt was pretty much going to be #TAMU's guy throughout the process, but Childress needed to return from Team USA. He returns close to home.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   50m   

I was also told that there was no other job (other than head coach) Will Bolt would've left #Nebraska for but #TAMU. Close to family is big

Bolt played for Nebraska while DVH and Childress.  He replaces Andy Sawyers who also played at Nebraska will DVH and Childress were there who returned to K-State to be the hitting coach again.  The other paid assistant at TAMU is Justin Seely who is yet another player from those Nebraska teams who is now coaching.

Chris Webb @ChrisMWebb     ·   44m   

Think one that could be considered for Nebraska as Bolt heads to Texas A&M is Missouri's Kerrick Jackson. Played at Nebraska, '99 graduate

Chris Webb @ChrisMWebb     ·   43m   

Has done an outstanding job recruiting at Missouri, knows the region and obviously the Nebraska way. Many speak very well of him.

Jackson has a reputation as an outstanding recruiter.  He is yet another player who played for DVH at Nebraska.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   22h   

.@CU_Baseball replaced departed assistant coach Spencer Allen by promoting Brian Furlong to pitching coach/recruiter. #Jays @BIGEAST

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   Jul 29   

Interesting. Former @WakeBaseball standout Matt Antonelli named an assistant coach/recruiter for #HolyCross. On the fast track.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   Jul 25   

As was alluded to earlier in week, @IlliniBaseball hired @CU_Baseball asst Spencer Allen. I really like that hire for #Illini. @bigtenconf

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   Jul 25   

After a rough couple years, positive things happening at #UALR. Chris Curry put together energetic young staff—Russell Raley, Roland Fanning

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   9h   

My latest column looks at a very important summer for @ASU_Baseball, a very important program in college baseball: http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/arizona-state-faces-crossroads/ ...

bulldog04

DVH has some kind of coaching tree.  By the time it's all said and done it could be Broyles like.