Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Julian Horton

Started by Next1_04, May 19, 2014, 10:28:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

Josh Throne ‏@JoshThrone  47m
Tennessee Titans sign @JulianHorton12 to a 2-Year Deal after Rookie Mini-Camp   :razorback:

Jackrabbit Hog

Wow.  Congrats and best of luck to Julian, but this is really a shocker.  He was down to 4th or 5th receiver most of last year.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

NVRyield

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 19, 2014, 10:35:16 am
Wow.  Congrats and best of luck to Julian, but this is really a shocker.  He was down to 4th or 5th receiver most of last year.

Great for Julian!  Who knows, with all the one on one work he'll get as a pro, it might click for him and be a good surprise for Tennessee.   :razorback:

hoggusamoungus

The Hogfather

Scoop and Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

PonderinHog

twistitup

I like the name Julian, why don't we hear it more often?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PygmalionEffect

Biggest surprise I can remember in a while in terms of Razorbacks making an NFL roster.

Sure am happy for him.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

hogsanity

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on May 19, 2014, 12:43:29 pm
Biggest surprise I can remember in a while in terms of Razorbacks making an NFL roster.

Sure am happy for him.

Several receivers in the NFL every year that you would never have seen in college and thought " Oh yea, he'll be playing on Sundays ".
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rzrbackramsfan

This is surprising. Good for him... I mean, he was a good run blocker... Maybe he's a beast on special teams.

EastexHawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on May 19, 2014, 12:14:30 pm
Scoop and Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I think every time I hear his name.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hogsanity on May 19, 2014, 12:51:32 pm
Several receivers in the NFL every year that you would never have seen in college and thought " Oh yea, he'll be playing on Sundays ".

I can't think of a single one that did as little as Horton in college abd is making plays on Sunday. That's obviously because is their game was quiet in both college and pros I wouldn't know.  Can you give one example?

k.c.hawg

The real surprise will be if he actually makes the team. NFL teams do this with 20 to 30 players every year that don't make the 53 man roster. Give them $2500 and they sign a contract that will pay them minimum wage if they make the team. Some sign for a $1000. No disrespect to Julian and I hope he makes it but he is one of 600 to 700 players that will sign a contract after the teams already have a 53 man roster on paper. He at least has a chance to get a look.....might make it to training camp, might not.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

sportster365

I've always thought Horton and Herdon had loads of potential. They were really just dealt some seriously bad hands. I also think Petrino did a really good job with recruiting WR and QBs

Foremost for having to seat behind the warren kids and joe adams for the first two years then go through their first real test with John L. while TW was simply eyeing down one receiver all year. Next you get stuck with a very under developed BA and get driven under the bus for not being any good.

This makes it apparent we had receivers and still do. And those guys and the ones still on board are being used as cop outs for poor QB play. This is evident of that very fact.

hogsanity

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 19, 2014, 01:23:58 pm
I can't think of a single one that did as little as Horton in college abd is making plays on Sunday. That's obviously because is their game was quiet in both college and pros I wouldn't know.  Can you give one example?

Not off hand, but I am sure it can be looked up. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

trashcan maN

Jimmy Graham had 17 receptions for 213 yards and 5 touchdowns in college.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: trashcan maN on May 19, 2014, 02:32:44 pm
Jimmy Graham had 17 receptions for 213 yards and 5 touchdowns in college.

If Julian Horton had only played 13 games of college football and posted those numbers and was 6'7" 265 lbs and ran a 4.53 he wouldn't have been around for a free agent contract. Instead he is 6' 195 lbs and wishes he had Jimmy Graham speed.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

trashcan maN

Quote from: k.c.hawg on May 19, 2014, 02:41:24 pm
If Julian Horton had only played 13 games of college football and posted those numbers and was 6'7" 265 lbs and ran a 4.53 he wouldn't have been around for a free agent contract. Instead he is 6' 195 lbs and wishes he had Jimmy Graham speed.
He asked for an example, and I gave it. He didn't give height/weight specifications. Calm down; go crack a beer and relax.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: trashcan maN on May 19, 2014, 02:42:19 pm
He asked for an example, and I gave it. He didn't give height/weight specifications. Calm down

No need to think I'm not calm. Jimmy Graham was not drafted on what he did or didn't do in college football nor was Antonio Gates whom didn't have a catch or a single down of college football experience.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: k.c.hawg on May 19, 2014, 01:33:10 pm
The real surprise will be if he actually makes the team. NFL teams do this with 20 to 30 players every year that don't make the 53 man roster. Give them $2500 and they sign a contract that will pay them minimum wage if they make the team. Some sign for a $1000. No disrespect to Julian and I hope he makes it but he is one of 600 to 700 players that will sign a contract after the teams already have a 53 man roster on paper. He at least has a chance to get a look.....might make it to training camp, might not.

I was wondering why someone would sign a player based upon what they did against other rookies. What you are saying makes more sense. It probably has something to do with insurance as well in case of injury during summer camp.

Also couldn't find anything on the web about this deal other than Throne's tweet. Odd that no one else is reporting it. I wonder where Throne heard this?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

MuskogeeHogFan

Good for Horton! Happy for him.
Go Hogs Go!

bennyl08

Not a WR, but Greg Gatson was an incredibly athletic razorback, but struggled in other areas. He started at WR, then moved to cornerback, finally seeing significant PT his senior year. Finished with only 1 start to his name. Not only did he get signed on for a FA deal, but he actually made the 53 man roster for a few weeks towards the end of the season. Essentially the same level of success that Jerico Nelson and Jerry Franklin had who both had stellar careers here.

Another reason for the large number of FA signings is so that they can actually field a team, especially during rookie mini-camps. Horton played in every game but during his career here. I remember there was a time when Petrino mentioned him as having the best hands on the team. I would be surprised if he made a 53-man roster, but I'm not surprised he was picked up. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that Bennett hasn't been signed to a FA deal.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorcineSublime

How about we let a kid get some praise without turning every gourd blasted thread into a pissing match. For crying out loud it is always the same with you folks. Do any of you really think that by your constant barrage against the folks on the other side  that they will suddenly say "Wow, I just got it and you are totally right"
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 19, 2014, 07:48:26 pm
How about we let a kid get some praise without turning every gourd blasted thread into a pissing match. For crying out loud it is always the same with you folks. Do any of you really think that by your constant barrage against the folks on the other side  that they will suddenly say "Wow, I just got it and you are totally right"

Yeah, but the off chance of hearing that, even if it is just once, is almost worth it.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

rusvegashog

Awsome news, good for Horton.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: bennyl08 on May 19, 2014, 08:01:13 pm
Yeah, but the off chance of hearing that, even if it is just once, is almost worth it.
A +1 for the perseverance of purpose.  ;D
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: bennyl08 on May 19, 2014, 07:29:41 pm
Not a WR, but Greg Gatson was an incredibly athletic razorback, but struggled in other areas. He started at WR, then moved to cornerback, finally seeing significant PT his senior year. Finished with only 1 start to his name. Not only did he get signed on for a FA deal, but he actually made the 53 man roster for a few weeks towards the end of the season. Essentially the same level of success that Jerico Nelson and Jerry Franklin had who both had stellar careers here.

Another reason for the large number of FA signings is so that they can actually field a team, especially during rookie mini-camps. Horton played in every game but during his career here. I remember there was a time when Petrino mentioned him as having the best hands on the team. I would be surprised if he made a 53-man roster, but I'm not surprised he was picked up. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that Bennett hasn't been signed to a FA deal.
I'm surprised on Bennett too.  He so deserves a look.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 19, 2014, 09:36:58 pm
A +1 for the perseverance of purpose.  ;D

Yea and I'll put it out there, I have my beliefs but with the proper facts can and will change my mind on a dime lol.

Ugly Uncle

Julian Horton has probably the hottest girlfriend of any athlete right now.  Just thought I would throw that in.
Retired Radio Host

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on May 19, 2014, 10:53:36 pm
Julian Horton has probably the hottest girlfriend of any athlete right now.  Just thought I would throw that in.

Who?

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on May 19, 2014, 10:53:36 pm

UU, you just can't drop that on here without a Pic?  :P

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

yraciv

Quote from: twistitup on May 19, 2014, 12:31:44 pm
I like the name Julian, why don't we hear it more often?

Because when I think Julian I think about the movie "Big  Daddy" and the kid that wet the bed.

twistitup

Quote from: yraciv on May 20, 2014, 12:02:17 am
Because when I think Julian I think about the movie "Big  Daddy" and the kid that wet the bed.

I think Orange Julius... My fav drink as a kid
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

The Boar War

Congratulations to the young man.